• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Channel Presents Gravity Falls |OT| Awesome new animated show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the wonderful world of children animation, where shows take random breaks and shows get canceled, even though the ratings are good/great, because they can't sell toys.

It sucks, but you get use to it.

Screw the toys! Where's my Dipper hat, dammit! (not the ones on Tumblr, an official one)

Also, have been playing Adventure Time 3DS by WayForward. SoooGood! Between that and the new DuckTales, maybe we can get a Gravity Falls game by those guys...

Welcome to the wonderful world of children animation, where shows take random breaks and shows get canceled, even though the ratings are good/great, because they can't sell toys.

It sucks, but you get use to it.

They can't sell toys BECAUSE THERE AREN'T ANY. WHERE THE F IS MY GF MERCH?!

Screw the toys! Where's my Dipper hat, dammit! (not the ones on Tumblr, an official one)

Seriously!!!

NEO0MJ

Oh yeah, has anyone else been wondering what's up with Stan's new fez? He started wearing it after Boss Mabel, they even have him wearing it in the intro now.

Oh yeah, has anyone else been wondering what's up with Stan's new fez? He started wearing it after Boss Mabel, they even have him wearing it in the intro now.

If I'm correct, they changed it due to all the illuminati complaints. I read on tumblr that in some countries, the fez is totally blank...

EDIT : from Japan for example
tumblr_mk1rzf3Ncf1ro9cv7o4_r1_400.jpg

tumblr_mk1rzf3Ncf1ro9cv7o3_400.jpg

Another thing to blame the
Patroits (!)
for...

Keasar

If I'm correct, they changed it due to all the illuminati complaints. I read on tumblr that in some countries, the fez is totally blank...

EDIT : from Japan for example

Another thing to blame the
Patroits (!)
for...

Wait what? Like...promoting the Illuminati? A fantasy organization? Are these the same cuckos that thinks the landing on the moon was staged?

Ponies in my Gravity Falls?!
As stated before:

tumblr_mjjm8cR1ss1qmo3obo1_400.gif

Wait what? Like...promoting the Illuminati? A fantasy organization? Are these the same cuckos that thinks the landing on the moon was staged?

This is said article:

http://vigilantcitizen.com/moviesan...ney-tv-show-loaded-with-illuminati-symbolism/

Also, I believe they kinda did address it at the end of the "Boss Mabel" episode. The goat actually starts eating his hat during the credits sequence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKC-dynz5AU

Welp, thread ruined. Burn it down, scatter the ashes, and we can build a new one. Not in the same place though, that's cursed land now.

Might want to leave the internet, then. Ponies are everywhere.

Was the "cursed land" a bit much? Maybe. But I'd like to avoid any chance of a Pet Sematary situation. You think regular ponies are bad, wait until you're neck deep in demon ponies with a taste for human flesh.

Azure J

I didn't even know this had a thread here on GAF. This is one of the first real animated shows in a long time to make me crack up at almost every moment through its half hour blocks. Mabel is one of the best characters ever.

No one posted, so I figure everyone is busy with the holiday...

Episode was pretty good, but to me, the last 5 minutes were a bit too much overkill, save for the final scene before the credits.

Shame there wasn't a scene where
Mabel in Dipper's body didn't mess with Wendy or vice versa with Gideon...
Waddles/Soos scaring the shit out of Wendy
was pretty funny though...

So, I was impartial to it, so that means AV Club will probably give it their highest marks...

Also, a bit more info on the Boyz Crazy episode via a press release by Disney

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20130329disney09/

When Mabel discovers that her favorite boy band is actually a bunch of imprisoned clones, she sets them free, only to decide on keeping them for herself. Meanwhile, Dipper is convinced that Robbie plans to brainwash Wendy with a secret message hidden inside one of his songs.
Also, in another release on the same site, they claimed "Deep End," gave GF its highest ratings ever @ 4.5 million. Fuck! That's, like WWE numbers during the "attitude" era, right?

Raxus

The newest episode was fantastic. Neat continuity stuff hidden in there too. Probably the funniest episode yet.

No one posted, so I figure everyone is busy with the holiday...

Episode was pretty good, but to me, the last 5 minutes were a bit too much overkill, save for the final scene before the credits.

Shame there wasn't a scene where
Mabel in Dipper's body didn't mess with Wendy or vice versa with Gideon...
Waddles/Soos scaring the shit out of Wendy
was pretty funny though...

So, I was impartial to it, so that means AV Club will probably give it their highest marks...

Also, a bit more info on the Boyz Crazy episode via a press release by Disney

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20130329disney09/

When Mabel discovers that her favorite boy band is actually a bunch of imprisoned clones, she sets them free, only to decide on keeping them for herself. Meanwhile, Dipper is convinced that Robbie plans to brainwash Wendy with a secret message hidden inside one of his songs.
Also, in another release on the same site, they claimed "Deep End," gave GF its highest ratings ever @ 4.5 million. Fuck! That's, like WWE numbers during the "attitude" era, right?

The newest episode was fantastic. Neat continuity stuff hidden in there too. Probably the funniest episode yet.

Wait. New episode? How did I miss a new episode?!

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
This is the best show Disney's produced in a long while.

This isn't cancelled, is it?

FillerB

I lost it at
"Goodbye childhood..."
. So many good lines. And Waddles showing off his seduction skills. Oh my.

I finally caught a couple episodes thanks to a mini-marathon on Friday and it really is a great show. Charming artstyle and clever humor/dialogue really makes it stand out.

I also got a pretty good laugh out of Stan falling back into the bottomless pit at the end of the episode.

That was a great episode, plenty of funny moments. Makes you wonder who used to own the shack before Grunkle Stan, unless he actually did know about the room before.

It was a fun episode and it brought us a little bit closer to the secrets of the Mystery Shack and the secret room behind the vending machine. I really hope Wendy gets to be featured in the plot for this season's remaining episodes.

It was a fun episode and it brought us a little bit closer to the secrets of the Mystery Shack and the secret room behind the vending machine. I really hope Wendy gets to be featured in the plot for this season's remaining episodes.

Friend, you'd actually be surprised about how much of the net actually HATES Wendy with a fucking passion, (dont go to gamefaqs) but yet loves Robbie
(the world thinks hes a zombie, but im saying frankenstein)
Crazy shit...

But I agree with you. If I had to call it for predictions involving our favorite ginger, I'd say, from most likely to least:

(Lil' Fat Fuck finds out about Dippers love for Wendy and uses it against him)
(Dipper actually meets a girl his age, but Wendy is the only one that thinks something's amiss; ppl think she's jelling)
(Wendy gets in a jam and Dipper and Robbie have to team up in a Spiderman/Venom style to help her)
(Mabel finally loses her shit over Dipper trying to choose Wendy over her all the time and finally does something about it)

If we're talking endgame, probably the ballsiest thing that Hirsch and co. could do is at the end,
reveal that Wendy was the real bad guy all along, that her dad was the "he" referenced in the journal.

Again these are just guesses, but if there's one thing the writing team is definitely good at, it's avoiding cliches. But sometimes, it backfires. In this last episode, the last few minutes where
everyone and their mother had their bodies switch
was a little redundant. But still, they redeemed themselves with the final scene with the twins before the credits. Yet, the overall theme shared a parallel with that of Little Dipper
(one twin driving the other one nuts until they explain their actions at the end)
kinda like how Time Travelers Pig shares one with Deep End
(basically having Dipper choose Mabel over Wendy)
That's kinda awesome that you never know where the show is going.

Another example is the new ep. in two weeks (see my description above for details). You know damn well
dipper will be proven wrong that Robbie isn't trying to hypnotize Wendy via song
, but hopefully, they pull a lil Gideon
with the 2nd journal revealing
and at least hint that there is indeed something sinister behind
Robbie
. Please hirsch,
don't make that douche a good guy at the end!

Friend, you'd actually be surprised about how much of the net actually HATES Wendy with a fucking passion, (dont go to gamefaqs)

Damn, you aren't kidding, I just looked at one gamefaqs thread and within the first few posts there was already major Wendy hate. Never would have expected people didn't like Wendy, let alone hate her.

Really liked this episode, one of the most fun episodes yet. So Waddles got Soos a raise and a girlfriend, and Soos almost got Waddles turned into bacon. I love the way Stan just walks out when things get too weird. Obviously something crazy is going on, a mystery to be solved... but no, he doesn't care. And very nice ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom