• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Channel Presents Gravity Falls |OT| Awesome new animated show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally going to be caught up. The last episode I missed (episode 9) is on later today.

Love this show.

Great! That's probably the best episode IMO

yes. i should slow it down lol.

a bit slower now.

BH0uoSw.gif

(shudders) dem moobs...

The Bottomless Pit episode was fantastic, I love how they can delve into dark territory with lines like "life is just some kind of horrific joke without a punchline, that we’re all just biding our time until the sweet, sweet release of death” without making it feel depressing.
Also, I found it impressive that the pit was mentioned in the Time Travelers Pig episode. All these little continuity details are amazing.

CrankyJay

Banned
I'm new here...watched 2 episodes on Saturday trying to keep my baby daughter amused, but ended up being amused myself.

Saw the episode with the Street Fighter dude come to life to beat up that goth kid. Awesome.

Come to think of it. There hasn't been a christmas special. Season 2 in 2014 confirmed?

I don't think there will be a Christmas themed episode since the kids are supposed to be visiting over the summer an' all. I could be wrong, though; they might decide to do something similar to Summerween.

I don't think there will be a Christmas themed episode since the kids are supposed to be visiting over the summer an' all. I could be wrong, though; they might decide to do something similar to Summerween.

can't see them doing x-mas. not enough reason to extort tourist or people other than put up a fake santa box or something. or do a futurama/american dad style christmas ;P

called dibs on season 2 thread. thanks.

Why start a new thread? The one you've made here is awesome enough.

Yeah, Disney is suppose to have a press release in a few days detailing it. If I was to guess, they'll do what they usually do for the live action stuff: slow Season 1 eps. to a crawl, then after a month or so, launch season 2.

let's hope for decent DVD/bluray sets...none of this 3 eps. a DVD crap! (More Adventure Time style than Ult. Spiderman or Phineas & Ferb)

OT isn't big enough where people care to make the thread. we'll stick to this thread. makes it look like we have a huge GF community ;P

Great news about Season 2. I just started having a little marathon myself. I was surprised to watch Legend of the Gobblewonker and actually see Blindin Blandon in the background. Also Gideon being in the magazine.

And as I type this just saw him in Headhunters.

Sorry for the extra bump, but this is the last week for voting for the Gravity Falls tees at We Love Fine!

https://www.welovefine.com/vote.php?id_contest=29

I guess the deal is if you vote on all of the shirts, you get entered in a raffle to win a GF shirt.

Some are pretty decent. Not enough Mabel "Future is in the Past!" designs though. Personally will be pissed if a Star Wars themed one wins it, like what happened with the Scott Pilgrim contest...

I'd say we will see a birthday themed episode for the twins or a faux valentines/sweetest day episode before a Xmas one...but with this show, who knows?

Link Man

Banned
Finally, the episode that foot fetishists have been waiting for.

I wish I were kidding.

Some of those are marked as mature content, so you won't be able to view them if you don't have a dA account.

Mazre

Fantastic episode. Combustible squirrel, pool duck revolution, pool jail solitary, and that's not even the half of it.

Glad to see that a lot of you guys really dug the episode. Told you it was worth the wait.

I wonder what that poor kid did to get solitary for so long.

My sis asked me the same question. The way I see it, Wendy's pretty cool headed all around, so this kid had to do something really fucked up to incite her wrath.
Probably pulled a "Sandlot"/tried to cop a feel.

DA foot stuffs

Really fucked up, but then again, there's worse stuff on tumblr and /co/. I mean

tumblr_mjjm8cR1ss1qmo3obo1_400.gif

That kinda stuff...

Speaking of though:
S1e15_nother_cute_wendy.png

After seeing this last week, I wondered why Wendy was the only character drawn without ankles? (isnt she a bit too small to have cartoon cankles?). Maybe it was another one of those weird design choices, like how some characters have 4 digits (the kids, Wendy) and some have 5 (Stan, the majority of adults)

Then again, her design above for some reason makes me think of Adventure Time, kinda like when Dipper does the "noodle arms" motion in "Fight Fighters."

S1e15_poolcheck_mad.png

Also, about the head lifeguard, was it just me but did he seem to remind you guys of one of the human characters from Ren & Stimpy? (Maybe the fireman or George Liquor)

Here's some more gifs from the interwebs:

g9fhZFa.gif

tumblr_mjfpfi9uBa1rkey39o1_500.gif

NEO0MJ

Also, about the head lifeguard, was it just me but did he seem to remind you guys of one of the human characters from Ren & Stimpy? (Maybe the fireman or George Liquor)

I knew the character felt familiar. I was wondering at first if we ever saw him in an episode before.

Kayhan

Seeing lots of people sporting avatars from this show so I figure it must have made some kind of impression on the jaded cynics of GAF.

I assume it is a show for kids but good enough that adults can enjoy it. Is it the humor, adventure, what, that makes it interesting?

Seeing lots of people sporting avatars from this show so I figure it must have made some kind of impression on the jaded cynics of GAF.

I assume it is a show for kids but good enough that adults can enjoy it. Is it the humor, adventure, what, that makes it interesting?

Think very early Simpsons with a sprinkle of X-Files.

At times, the show has a lot of dark humor, in which makes you wonder, "how the hell is this on Disney?". It has a delicious blend of hilarity and being uniquely heartwarming that you don't really see on TV (it's not forced or even cliched).

To be honest, i have never heard of the show before GAF, but I kinda ignored it. (as an adult, probably the last time I watched something on DC was Kim possible with my little sister). One night, I was working on a project, with the TV on as white noise. I heard the dialogue and it made me take notice. It was sharp, funny, and adorable. I was like, "WTF is this?" I caught the replay (thank you California feed) and was hooked ever since...

As for the avatar, I personally root for Dipper cause he kinda reminds me of myself at 12 (except I was fat). He's the straight man, flawed, honest, but an overall good guy; and as in my life, just because he's the good guy doesn't always mean he'll win in the end. (kinda like venture bros.)

Kayhan

Think very early Simpsons with a sprinkle of X-Files.

At times, the show has a lot of dark humor, in which makes you wonder, "how the hell is this on Disney?". It has a delicious blend of hilarity and being uniquely heartwarming that you don't really see on TV (it's not forced or even cliched).

To be honest, i have never heard of the show before GAF, but I kinda ignored it. (as an adult, probably the last time I watched something on DC was Kim possible with my little sister). One night, I was working on a project, with the TV on as white noise. I heard the dialogue and it made me take notice. It was sharp, funny, and adorable. I was like, "WTF is this?" I caught the replay (thank you California feed) and was hooked ever since...

Thanks. I think I will have to give the first episode a watch to see if it is for me.

I like it because it's genuinely hilarious to me and all the characters are great.

Thanks. I think I will have to give the first episode a watch to see if it is for me.

Glad to hear it! It's actually the one I overheard that fateful night...

If you want to skip around, I'd recommend:

"Headhunters" no. 3
"Inconviening" no. 5
"Double Dipper" no. 7
"Time Travelers Pig" no. 9 (if Disney doesn't submit this one for an Emmy nom, they're morons)
"Fight Fighters" no. 10
"Summerween" no. 12

Mazre

Glad to hear it! It's actually the one I overheard that fateful night...

If you want to skip around, I'd recommend:

"Headhunters" no. 3
"Inconviening" no. 5
"Double Dipper" no. 7
"Time Travelers Pig" no. 9 (if Disney doesn't submit this one for an Emmy nom, they're morons)
"Fight Fighters" no. 10
"Summerween" no. 12

Great list, would also add "Legend of the Gobblewonker" no. 2. Episode has some fantastic animation/music/pacing/jokes. Might be my personal fave for the series so far, and that's in light of the aforementioned list.

Tizoc

These recent 2 episodes were amazing. Just wish it didn't have such a retarded schedule, seriously who plans episode airings like this?

abundant

These recent 2 episodes were amazing. Just wish it didn't have such a retarded schedule, seriously who plans episode airings like this?

Welcome to the wonderful world of children animation, where shows take random breaks and shows get canceled, even though the ratings are good/great, because they can't sell toys.

It sucks, but you get use to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom