• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Channel Presents Gravity Falls |OT| Awesome new animated show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanted to requote this cause DMPrince called it:

GRAVITY FALLS - “Land Before Swine” -
When a prehistoric beast snatches Waddles, the Pines family must journey to a land trapped in time to rescue him,
in a new episode of “Gravity Falls,” premiering FRIDAY, JUNE 28 (9:00 - 9:30 p.m., ET/PT) on Disney Channel.

Also, this has been floating around, from a recent panel with Hirsch and Regular Show creator, J.G. Quintel:

tumblr_inline_mn43pebrBM1qz4rgp.jpg

Somewhere in my mind, is a picture of Wendy and Mabel chasing Dipper around the shop with puppets in hand...

FillerB

"A major change happens to a character in the S1 finale"
Stan's secrets revealed?

"Post-breakup Robbie is an even huger douche"
Understandable but ugh...

"Soos pitches a show to execs about time travelling dolphins"
So long and thanks for all the fish?

Sock puppet torture sounds funny.

"Post-breakup Robbie is an even huger douche"
Understandable but ugh...

Yeah, but look at it this way: if he gets worse, chances are slim for a sort of redemption with Wen...

"A major change happens to a character in the S1 finale"

Ah...fuck!

Sock puppet torture sounds funny.

It does. It does...

Maybe it may sound cliched, but this may be a hint towards a future episode (living puppets could return the horror overtone to the show...)

What if the series is set about 8.5 months after the break-up?

What then!?

Hirsch and crew stated that GF is planned to be (at least) 3 seasons, with each season repesenting a summer month. (they were on record saying they didn't want an endless summer thing like Phineas and Ferb).

So, if you really think about it, this thing with Dipper & Wendy & Robbie took place over the course of not even 2 weeks time...

Stan holding up the calendar in "Summerween" kinda confirms this theory...

I'm gonna be pissed if something happens with Wendy (or Stan or Soos) over keeping that douche around...

Oh man. That would be perfect. Everyone loves living puppets.

It would be awesome in theory, since while Dipper freaks out at times, he doesnt act afraid when considering the monsters and such...(think like Mabel and Stan on the water tower, he's not shown that level of fear...)

FillerB

That's what we got the Time Travel Tape Measure Machine for!

But to stop being silly, I like the fact that they don't have an "endless summer" á la P&F. The utter disregard for the passage of time is one of that shows lesser problems. Continuity is always nice, especially when it makes sense.

Gravity Falls is good, but Adventure Time is just a whole other level.

Ehh...not saying AT is bad, but I really hate how some episodes just end abruptly...leaving more questions than answers...

Plus, IMHO, Wendy > any or all Adventure Time female cast...(I find them annoying, yet I like Margaret and Eileen on RT)

GF has at least, a 2nd or 3rd year Simpsons feeling going...(Hilarious, but a lot of heart...)

Ehhh, I feel that this season of AT was kinda weak. GV deserves it this year.

I agree. If it couldn't give it to GF, I'd rather give it to Regular Show or Venture Bros (have they been nominated for anything, ever?)...

(sad over Family Guy selected versus American Dad...)

sad-batman.gif

Psxphile

Also, this has been floating around, from a recent panel with Hirsch and Regular Show creator, J.G. Quintel:

tumblr_inline_mn43pebrBM1qz4rgp.jpg

Way late on this, but I'm just seeing it now.

Can't help but feel that 'major character change' and '3rd wheel character' won't be mutually exclusive.

New episode will be l̶e̶a̶k̶e̶d̶ aired early for on demand.

That's pretty much been par for the course with Disney Channel's On Demand service in regards to Gravity Falls. Just about every episode has been aired a week in advance.

That's pretty neat. I will never get used to seeing voice actors in real life, though. To hear some of the voices they do come out of their bodies is so surreal.

That's not the only voice he does on the show either, he pays Soos too. Woulda been cool to see him switch back and forth like he did in that video with Jason Ritter where they're making the little girl laugh.

Huh? Link please?

I too would like to see that video.

I just searched all over YouTube and Google, I think it may have been a video he posted on his Facebook D: Whoops.

The video is him and Jason in, I think, the Disney Feature Animation building and there's a little girl (looks maybe 5-8 years old) Alex starts as Grunkle Stan and he tells Dipper he has a list of chores for him to do, starting with digging up some gold he has buried in the back yard. Dipper complains that the backyard is filled with poison ivy and Stan tells him that Soos is going to help, Alex quickly switches voices and says something like, "Dude! I love poison ivy! Let's jump in head first!"

I just searched all over YouTube and Google, I think it may have been a video he posted on his Facebook D: Whoops.

The video is him and Jason in, I think, the Disney Feature Animation building and there's a little girl (looks maybe 5-8 years old) Alex starts as Grunkle Stan and he tells Dipper he has a list of chores for him to do, starting with digging up some gold he has buried in the back yard. Dipper complains that the backyard is filled with poison ivy and Stan tells him that Soos is going to help, Alex quickly switches voices and says something like, "Dude! I love poison ivy! Let's jump in head first!"
Oh man. That sounds awesome. I wish I could see it.

awesome, thanks guy

Anyways, I have a thing I wanna try. I was inspired by the e3 bingo threads in Gaming, and figured, hell, we can do the same, since everyone is speculating about the GF finale...

I have created a blank template here:

i64FLcwbyx9Fe.jpg

So, in my head at least, the game plays the exact same way as regular Bingo, except that you mark the blank spots with said predictions in the show! Need some ideas? Try these (over 100+ thoughts...)

(sorry about the quality; some panels came out better than others...)

NOTE: I have left the links as they are cause I am afraid of slowing the page down for mobile/tablet GAF)

http://i1.minus.com/iocoTZR88lEMK.jpg

http://i1.minus.com/ibcRgTTv30Yf5L.jpg

http://i6.minus.com/i5AgYyGunhk2F.jpg

Using your favorite editing program (MS Paint, Photoshop, etc.), simply copy and paste your favorite theories onto the blank spaces in any order you wish. It shouldn't take too long (took me less than a half hour to make mine:)

ibj4Fw1SkEAMgW.jpg

A few rules:

1. Don't see the idea/headcanon you want? No prob; feel free to add anything you don't see here, but I encourage you to post it so that others can use it as well.

2. Speaking of, there are a few spoilers out in the wild (e.g. the author of the books), so please, don't be a jerk and ruin things for others...

3. Feel free to change your card anytime you wish UNTIL the night of the finale (if it's on-demand, the deadline will be the night before at midnight...) Again, don't be a jerk and try to cheat (especially over something really petty...)

So, if you want, try it out (since we're bored waiting for the finale). If not, bitch at me enough, and I'll take it down...

Thanks for reading, and hope someone likes it...

FillerB

So, if you want, try it out (since we're bored waiting for the finale). If not, bitch at me enough, and I'll take it down...

Thanks for reading, and hope someone likes it...

Bitch bitch bitch bitch BITCH.

I like it. I'm up for it. I'm making mine tonight or tomorrow. Let's do this thing.

will the finale be 30 minutes or an hour special?

Hirsch says an hour, but the conflict is with how many episodes are left the season. (some say 3, counting the two part finale, others say 4)

Bitch bitch bitch bitch BITCH.

I like it. I'm up for it. I'm making mine tonight or tomorrow. Let's do this thing.

This is a great idea. I'll try to do one during the weekend.

Thanks! Well appreciated!

You know i'm always up for anything Gravity Falls. Great idea, X.

Thanks as always! Nice avatar, BTW

A question. Is this just for the finale or for every episode remaining?

kinda jealous; yours look way better than mine (but then again, I rushed...)

Um...I guess starting with the new episode if you want, but I figure the big stuff won't drop until the finale...

But yeah, canon-wise seems cool...

Also, I'm guessing you have Wii U, too? It's bullshit that Regular Show and AT uses TVii but GF doesn't?

EDIT: nice Bill stamper...Very Silent Hill-ish...

FillerB

kinda jealous; yours look way better than mine (but then again, I rushed...)

Um...I guess starting with the new episode if you want, but I figure the big stuff won't drop until the finale...

But yeah, canon-wise seems cool...

Also, I'm guessing you have Wii U, too? It's bullshit that Regular Show and AT uses TVii but GF doesn't?

Cool. I'll do that then and make a new one when the finale rolls around.

And nope. Don't have a Wii U and since I'm Dutch most of these TV/Netflix/Hulu services are useless to me anyway. Just thought that it was funny enough to add.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom