• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Channel Presents Gravity Falls |OT| Awesome new animated show

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
At least the votes for Young Justice make sense: no doubt spearheaded by a
doomed
fan campaign to get the show renewed. I'm surprised GF is barely beating Steven Universe considering it's been on air less than a month. I gotta watch that show.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
MLP has passed 2 mil., so that's that I guess. Young Justice is the next highest and only sitting at a tenth of that.

holy crap! the thread lives!

Unfortunately, it seems as if 4chan's /mlp/ is using bots to rig the vote.

Gee, thanks 4chan. Nothing like cheating your way to victory.

ixiM2RqLK8sVL.png

Indeed. What would Grunkle Stan do? Do we have any techies here among GF-GAF that can even the score? Bring those sons of bitches down?

Never give up hope, guys. Didn't realize there was a bunch of quitters in here.

Damn skippy! Always remember...

BbZtk0w.gif

GF Defense Force away!!!

Also, some good news. The 2013 Annie Awards nominations were recently announced.

Gravity Falls received three noms:

Best animated TV/broadcast production for children's audience
Directing in an animated TV/broadcast Production
Storyboarding in an animated TV/broadcast production

more info here:
http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...d-noms-20131202,0,3639869.story#axzz2mbm12mNM

Surprisingly , Kristen Schaal was not nominated for Mabel's VA this year (she won last year for it)

Happy holidays, GF-GAF!

First, an interesting twitter conversation with the executive producer of Disney Infinity:

tumblr_myalayMN871sbotlno1_1280.jpg

Second, a new string of GF shorts have started to air...in Russia.

The first, listed below, is a commercial for the Mystery Shack, with a forewarning to what happened to Lil Gideon (Hirsch did make a comment towards this in his AMA)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9KIeQVGwpc

(Use YouTube's CC option for English subtitles)

Rumor has it that a second one (focusing on Mabel's scrapbook) is floating about the net. I will post here (and the GF Shorts OT) when it is found...

Mable and Dipper pack with the #3 book as the clear playset piece, Soos as the sidekick figure, Lil' Gideon as the villain figure. Waddles or Stan's car as Power Disc mounts, grappling hook as Power Disc weapon.

Yes.

They are going to need to throw any possible franchise that can make money in the next installment aince the first was a creative and sales disappointment. Disney made a HUGE investment inmit.

Mable and Dipper pack with the #3 book as the clear playset piece, Soos as the sidekick figure, Lil' Gideon as the villain figure. Waddles or Stan's car as Power Disc mounts, grappling hook as Power Disc weapon.

Yes.

I will see you:

Mabel, Dipper, and Soos as separate characters
Bill Cipher and Robbie V as villains
Journal 3, Grappling Hook, and Waddles as Power Discs weapons. Mounts could be Mystery carts, Manotaurs, or Stanley Mobile/Soos's pickup
and limited edition three pack being Wendy, Lamby Lamby Dipper, and Mystery Shack clear piece (or Dusk2Dawn would be awesome too!)

I just see Stan as the perfect NPC (kinda how Cranky Kong was in the original DKC trilogy; have all the kids do the running for him, etc...)

I have both a Wii U and PS3 version of Infinity sealed. They will not be opened until GF swag is released for this!

I will see you:

Mabel, Dipper, and Soos as separate characters
Bill Cipher and Robbie V as villains
Journal 3, Grappling Hook, and Waddles as Power Discs weapons. Mounts could be Mystery carts, Manotaurs, or Stanley Mobile/Soos's pickup
and limited edition three pack being Wendy, Lamby Lamby Dipper, and Mystery Shack clear piece (or Dusk2Dawn would be awesome too!)

I just see Stan as the perfect NPC (kinda how Cranky Kong was in the original DKC trilogy; have all the kids do the running for him, etc...)

I have both a Wii U and PS3 version of Infinity sealed. They will not be opened until GF swag is released for this!
Hah! I was attempting to be conservative with my wish list. I could see, like Phineas & Ferb, them doing just a character pack of Mabel and Dipper, maybe some Power Discs, and if they went all-out and got a Playset I think it'd be like what I described, but I can't imagine them going Incredibles on it and releasing a ton of GF figures sadly :(

I completely agree with Stan being an NPC like Cranky Kong, it's too perfect.

vladdamad

Sorry for bumping this, but i just caught up with the show, and holy crap it's amazing. I'm completely in love with every aspect, characters, overarching mystery, humour, it's all amazing. It kills me that I have to wait several months for a new episode.

With regards to the spoiler sceenshot a couple of pages back, I have a feeling it might not be real, a deliberate red herring placed by Hirsch to throw us off.
From what I could gather, the screen was posted a couple of days before the season finale, and yet it didn't appear in that episode. Therefore, we can only assume that the scene in question is a part of the next season. However, at the time of the leak, production for Season 2 hadn't started yet, meaning that there's no way that a fully complete still from a future episode would have been available. It would at best have been a rough sketch, or a storyboard.

jediyoshi

Mabel Shorts get dates

Monday, February 3
"Mabel's Guide to Dating" - Mabel gives her thoughts on dating and puts her dating quiz to
the test with three of Gravity Falls' most eligible bachelors – Grunkle Stan, Dipper and Soos.

Tuesday, February 4
"Mabel's Guide to Stickers" - Mabel gives her unique perspective on the history of stickers,
their many styles and uses.

Wednesday, February 5
"Mabel's Guide to Fashion" - Mabel reveals her fashion secrets to the world, including FLASH
MAKEOVERS!

Thursday, February 6
"Mabel's Guide to Colors" - Mabel's survey into everyone's favorite colors causes a color
emergency when she learns Grunkle Stan has never seen a rainbow.

Friday, February 7
"Mabel's Guide to Art" - Mabel reveals that her gift of art has driven her to genius level with
the creation of her own personal art movement – the "Caticature."

http://www.disneychannelmedianet.com/DNR/2014/DC_Feb_Programming_Highlights.pdf

TheWraith

With all the Disney content on Netflix how come this show isn't?? Would love to Bimge em that way, only saw a few episodes here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom