• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Channel Presents Gravity Falls |OT| Awesome new animated show

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm caught up now. This show is so good. I hope the arcing story keeps developing and sticks with that spooky seriousness it has going on.

I was thinking the opening was a lot like Twin Peaks, but there was something it reminded me of more and I'm pretty sure it's Fringe. The more I thought about it, the more that all the music in the show reminded me of Fringe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20EO4XMBQgM

I was thinking to myself, "Man it would be awesome if they did a slenderman-ripoff episode, or if there was a character lurking in the background throughout the series." Then I found out goggles man was there. creepy. Is he in episodes 4 and 5? everywhere just has the same 3 pics as this thread from the first 3 episodes.

Epcott

Show is pretty good. First episode was a little dry, with a few funny moments, but the rest are great.

It's also funny to hear characters mention death, murder, blood, and dying in so many of these modern shows... back in the 80's, it couldn't be said. They would be like "If we don't cure him before the moon rises, he's going to... gasp!"

Glasswork

Adorable sibling fanart?
Adorable sibling fanart!
tumblr_m6za305iBl1qkf0kfo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m6z9wjIYVF1qewm3ho1_500.png

tumblr_m6z7yhf1sM1rp2ts7o1_r1_1280.png

134158800678.png

Caught a bit of this show on Monday and I found it entertaining.

Good to know that it hasn't been on for too long so I can catch up easily.

Thank you GAF for making me aware of this show. Some of the dialogue is so goofy.

Little boy: Pop-Pop, I just wealized dat....I wuv you.

Uncle Stan: OH COME ON BOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOO

Then the 2 guys carrying the glass during a boat chase :lol. Nice play on that cliche.

Thank you GAF for making me aware of this show. Some of the dialogue is so goofy.

Then the 2 guys carrying the glass during a boat chase :lol. Nice play on that cliche.

Those two scenes totally killed me. That whole episode was really excellent with the gags.

Akainu

SIMPSONS DID IT!

zethren

Banned
Not on boats. That's what made it brilliant.

With the amount of running from monsters they'll likely be doing in this show, I hope that they occasionally revisit the 2 guys carrying the glass gag every so often in different and goofy situations. Almost like the cabbage man in Avatar.

jediyoshi

Yeah....I don't know why I thought it would be a good idea to go on that 4chan thread, but the discussion there is....something.

There's one artist's work there that keeps popping up. Half of their Gravity Falls stuff is pretty amazing

Z7CHu.png

CLdNG.jpg

and the other half is uh

iHk2g.gif

jediyoshi

Dates for the new episodes are out

8/10 Ep 7 - Double Dipper
8/17 Ep 8 - Irrational Treasure
8/24 Ep 9 - The Time Traveler's Pig

Looks like episode 6 leaked as well

Jintor

This show... is amazing.

Hah wow Kirsten Shaal is Mabel? I knew I heard that voice.

Up to episode 5, this show is just smart as hell. And funny! Was anybody else getting a Puzzle Agent vibe for the first episode? It was probably just the
gnomes

LFF

Neo Member
This show is the sort of show where I can watch an episode three times and still pick up on little gags I never noticed before. Can't wait to see where the overarching mystery goes.

This show... is amazing.

Hah wow Kirsten Shaal is Mabel? I knew I heard that voice.

Up to episode 5, this show is just smart as hell. And funny! Was anybody else getting a Puzzle Agent vibe for the first episode? It was probably just the
gnomes

The whole show has a bit of an adventure game feel IMO. It would easily work as a lucasarts style point and click.

jediyoshi

Pretty split on episode 6.
I think I like it better when more of the episode is spent with the twins interacting with each other. also, fist nipples. wat.

Glasswork

Pretty split on episode 6.
I think I like it better when more of the episode is spent with the twins interacting with each other. also, fist nipples. wat.

I agree, the sibling relationship is the best thing about the show, I'd rather they don't do anymore of these.
Also, Wendy was WEIRD in this episode, she just sat there smiling and said her one line at the end... I don't know, it was kinda odd

zethren

Banned
While I agree that the show works best when both Dipper and Mabel are in the picture, I'm okay with the occasional solo character development episode to further explore, in this case, Dipper.

e_i

Just watched eps 1-4. Fantastic show. I thought Mabel sounded familiar and I realized it's Kristen Schaal from the Daily Show. I do love her Scooby Doo sound she makes in episode 4. Wendy's awesome...but I don't know why. Reminds me of that old show Eerie Indiana.

Great show!
I'm now watching the beggining of the episode Tourist Trapped, which I think is the first episode?
Anyway, when the Grandpa says "Ladies and Gentlemen, behold, the Sascrotch, is it supposed to mean what I'm thinking it means?
Or am I just crazy?

Belfast

Great show!
I'm now watching the beggining of the episode Tourist Trapped, which I think is the first episode?
Anyway, when the Grandpa says "Ladies and Gentlemen, behold, the Sascrotch, is it supposed to mean what I'm thinking it means?
Or am I just crazy?

Probably. Like a lot of cartoons these days, it's riddled with innuendo and jokes kids wouldn't get.

Great show!
Or am I just crazy?

Well it was wearing a pair of Y-fronts. :p

I laughed at the "My mosquito bites spell out Beware!"
"That says Bewarb!" and he instantly brushes it off :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom