• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Channel Presents Gravity Falls |OT| Awesome new animated show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astral

I caught about half of one of the episodes one day. It was about a murder case and wax people or something. I really wanna watch it now just for Mabel. She's so fucking cute. At least now I know when new episodes air. I had no idea what time it aired or when they gave reruns. I guess I'll just catch up online.

For people looking to catch up, the official website has 2 episodes. Check em out. And for anyone curious, GIVE THIS A SHOT. It's really entertaining.

Glasswork

The rap is pretty alright too.

Oh lol I meant the rap :p

Some more fanart :0

wMBsZ.jpg

NaxkE.png

2nNIn.jpg

P33aA.jpg

Lace

Any idea if Disney is going to do this Korra style and leave all the episodes up online?
Edit:Looking at the site it looks like my hopes are dashed.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, can't believe grown man in here are watching a freaking Disney show starring 12 year olds. There's not even actual action in there, it's full of hugs and magic things and friendships
and also Mabel is basically Pinkie Pie in human form
. You weirdos gross me out.

Unrelated, I can't believe the Stan thing wasn't posted. Huge decrypted spoiler (maybe):

The code to decypher the whole shabang from the episodes is hidden in the whisper at the end of the Intro, if you play it backwards, it says "3 Letters back". This is the picture from the intro: http://i.imgur.com/BRVUEl.jpg Note the Konami Code on the right. No, note the thing above that. If you take those letters and take each one 3 spaces back in the alphabet, you'll get "Stan is not what he seems". Wooooo! I thought someone made this up at first, but no, it's true. That same code is used for the earlier mentioned things, and I'm almost sure someone would have told you about this whole thing and I just missed it.

Let's see what Link has to say about this.
UYlEk.gif

Yay Pinkie Pie. I mean,

ZPTGz.gif

Just saw the first episode. Super impressed. Especially because I don't like most of the other "popular" kid cartoons like Phineas and Ferb, Adventure Time, etc... Only that new Scooby Doo. And now this.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The code to decypher the whole shabang from the episodes is hidden in the whisper at the end of the Intro, if you play it backwards, it says "3 Letters back". This is the picture from the intro: http://i.imgur.com/BRVUEl.jpg Note the Konami Code on the right. No, note the thing above that. If you take those letters and take each one 3 spaces back in the alphabet, you'll get "Stan is not what he seems". Wooooo! I thought someone made this up at first, but no, it's true. That same code is used for the earlier mentioned things, and I'm almost sure someone would have told you about this whole thing and I just missed it.

Does the random set of letters in the end credits fall under these rules?

Teknoman

Wow, can't believe grown man in here are watching a freaking Disney show starring 12 year olds. There's not even actual action in there, it's full of hugs and magic things and friendships
and also Mabel is basically Pinkie Pie in human form
. You weirdos gross me out.

Unrelated, I can't believe the Stan thing wasn't posted. Huge decrypted spoiler (maybe):

Let's see what Link has to say about this.
UYlEk.gif

And I dont have any form of cable(off air antenna ftw, but thats another thread) anymore <_> Did they do something similar to the theme, like when the show Chowder had a Katamari style scene complete with similar music?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
And I dont have any form of cable(off air antenna ftw, but thats another thread) anymore <_> Did they do something similar to the theme, like when the show Chowder had a Katamari style scene complete with similar music?

No, not at all :) Just a little hidden reference, nothing that says "look at me, I'm Zelda".

Alex Hirsch has a Dipper hat (wore it to the last Drink & Draw on Friday) and I want one so bad but I don't know him well enough just yet to ask. (Though he did draw me and we sang karaoke songs together. He's a super cool dude.)

There was a conversation about sneaking jokes past censors, brought up by my friend who's working on Disney's next new cartoon "9th Grade Ninja", and there's an upcoming episode of Gravity Falls about clones that has a joke in it that I can. not. believe. made it through. Even Alex was amazed he got away with it. Way to go Disney!

(The 9GN joke, btw, is there is a weapon the main character uses called "Tripping Balls". Talk about a double meaning.)

Lijik

WordAssassin, do you know enough about 9th grade ninjas to have an impression on it?
All I've seen is a teaser poster and it put me off since the art reminded me of Invader Zim fanart circa 2004, but I'll give it a shot if the writings there.

WordAssassin, do you know enough about 9th grade ninjas to have an impression on it?
All I've seen is a teaser poster and it put me off since the art reminded me of Invader Zim fanart circa 2004, but I'll give it a shot if the writings there.

The reason it reminds you of Invader Zim is because they hired Jhonen Vasquez to design all the main characters :lol

I haven't seen any episodes of it - I first heard about it when I pitched to Disney TVA last December and I've seen a bunch of concept art, and my friend seems really stoked about it, but I don't know what it looks like in motion or how the writing is. Hopefully it's good and gets a second season, because I might get to work on it if it does.

Edit: Here's a big behind-the-scenes thing about it: http://www.tv3.ie/3player/show/184/50752/0/Ireland-AM

even though episodes 3 and 4 were pretty weak, the last one was incredible

I HAVE FISTS FOR NIPPLES

HALF MAN...HALF....TAUR. MANOTAUR

god, so many great lines from that episode.

I'm pretty much in love with this show. Mabel is adorable, Grunkle Stan is downright hilarious, and Dipper isn't your typical boring, serious protagonist. Here's hoping it doesn't get canned or anything.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I will say this only once, and will shut up about it afterwards, because I don't want to annoy everyone, but it's my real, honest opinion and I feel it's a really good advice: If you like this series, please try a few episodes of MLP, maybe not even the first ones. It's a very similar type of humor and writing, even if the overall premise is different, of course.
The fact that this show is a new huge topic in PonyGAF IRC speaks for itself.

Just found this on the Youtubes and thought it was neat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WOSsxpCo2Q

Watching the show it always annoyed me that I couldn't place Mabel's voice. I knew I heard it from somewhere but never knew where.
After some basic research I now realise that she is voiced by Kristen Schaal who played Mel in Flight of the Conchords.
It all makes sense now!

Jintor

All episodes are amazing, but this episode is also amazing. Oh man, just the waitress being called "Lazy Susan" was a really great piece of punnery.

jediyoshi

Trin

Does the random set of letters in the end credits fall under these rules?

Yes! I also just discovered the
same code is used in the Gravity Falls browser game Mystery Shack Mystery. If you move the cursor over the engraved stone tablets in the game, you will see a scrambled message: "HYHU QRWLFHG VWDQV WDWWRR?"

I translated it and it turns out that this hidden message and the one in the intro are related! If you go three spaces back for each letter it spells out "Ever noticed Stan's tattoo?"

The plot thickens!

i watched the comic con video. i'm surprise a little kid noticed the goggle man. alex didn't tell us what it means expect just keep watching. i'm sure there are other small things in there too. also. alex has a twin sister ariel.

Darkgran

Show is not good...

It's fantastic. Holy cow I'm so surprised at how great it is... The characters are amazing. Love it.

Mazre

Thanks again to GAF for suggesting something awesome. I've seen two episodes so far and they were both fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom