• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DisneyPrincess Mafia |OT| Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, Who’s the Scummiest of Them All

Darryl

Banned
Are you serious? No, just no.

I'm sorry, if YNNNY used THAT as flavor then we need to add flavor into the calculations for the Crab Scale because that is just ridiculous.

Dude just stop. Ariel swims out into the fucking ocean every night. Isn't that a claim going around? Where are you then, flavor police?

Fireblend

Banned
Nah, we have to accept this explanation. Snow White is definitely in the game and risking another counter claim just to buy another day makes no sense... does it? Ugh.

Vote: Christina Mackenzie

Show us em breadcrumbs, I'm not digging for anything if you know what they are.

Actually I don't know. Is the Huntsman non-canon or something?

The Huntsman is canon. He works for the evil queen, who is apparently named Grimhilde, which is stated in that wiki but I don't recall it in the movie.

With regard to Snow White, canon says he hides her but he never obeys her. He does it because he's a decent person.

Unless you meant that other movie with kristen stewart.

I'm Snow White. I send the Huntsman to investigate another player and get their role name. It was all lies. I investigated Seath because I thought he was scum.

I didn't think I was going to get protected by a doctor and I didn't think I'd last past day 2 or 3 otherwise. I didn't think Wendy was in the game. I thought I'd put myself out there with a useless role and saying I knew Seath was town was just some breadcrumbing incase I flipped since he was being seen as scummy.

So your defense is now, I'm an important role and instead of shutting the fuck up and keeping quiet I decided to gambit instead?

Haha, seriously anyone of you going to try and dig up those breadcrumbs I mentioned?
This is amazingly difficult on mobile. :(
Actually I don't know. Is the Huntsman non-canon or something?
The huntsman is part of the original lore, but in the Disney story it is a prince that saves her I believe.

He's a prince in the Disney film, and is there for all of 2 scenes at the very end.

No, the Huntsman has scenes in the beginning. He's the bearded guy. He gives the queen a pig heart rather than a human girl heart, so she kills him. The Prince doesn't have many scenes, but he's the pretty boy. I think his pic was posted in this thread somewhere.

8KAgXTi.gif

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Darryl (7)
AbsolutBro .805
Terrabyte20xx .807 .957
TheExodu5 .814
Lone_Prodigy .864 .977
Septimus Prime .873
Barrylocke .910
Seath .915 .936
Darryl .933 .958
Royal_Flush .1013
Seath .1042 .1085
Terrabyte20xx .1047
Fireblend .1050 .1098
weemadarthur .1055
Lone_Prodigy .1061 .1067

AbsolutBro (6)
Darryl .875 .880
ultron87 .951 .1103
Darryl .958
gryvan .968
Unmasked Ferret .974 .1109
Trigger .1008
StackpoleH .1011
Zatoth .1021
Christina Mackenzie .1078

Christina Mackenzie (4)
Mazre .1030
Seath .1085
Lone_Prodigy .1094
Fireblend .1106

Seath (2)
Freakinchair .561
Euphemism .572
TheExodu5 .575 .660
Septimus Prime .618 .873
Christina Mackenzie .684 .767
Lone_Prodigy .689 .864
Terrabyte20xx .695 .751
Seath .907 .915

TheExodu5 (1)
Enker .744
Terrabyte20xx .751 .807
Christina Mackenzie .767 .1078
StackpoleH .769 .924
weemadarthur .776 .1055

Septimus Prime (0)
Darryl .795 .875
Darryl .880 .900

Zatoth (0)
weemadarthur .584 .691

Euphemism (0)
Darryl .661 .795
Christina Mackenzie .664 .684
weemadarthur .691 .776

Terrabyte20xx (0)
StackpoleH .594 .651

gryvan (0)
Lone_Prodigy .586 .689

GreatCharleston (0)
Trigger .570 .990

weemadarthur (0)
Darryl .900 .933

Enker (0)
Darryl .656 .661
TheExodu5 .660 .814
Seath .688 .850
Fireblend .775 .1050

ultron87 (0)
Seath .624 .682
Seath .682 .688

Trigger (0)
Terrabyte20xx .957 .1039

No active vote for Day 2:
ultron87 (has previously voted)
Unmasked Ferret (has previously voted)

Day 2 ends:
cya_1456520400.png

12 votes for majority

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
No, the Huntsman has scenes in the beginning. He's the bearded guy. He gives the queen a pig heart rather than a human girl heart, so she kills him. The Prince doesn't have many scenes, but he's the pretty boy. I think his pic was posted in this thread somewhere.
Oh, crap you're right.

Still, it doesn't fit the flavor.

Morning, sleeping beauties. Let's get this over with.

VOTE: Unmasked Ferret

Self-explanatory.

Can't we just banish them to the, enchanted forest? All this talk of lynching and beheading seems so un-princess-like. Heaven forbid I should get any blood on my dress.

Wikipedia:

The fairy also summons a forest of trees, brambles and thorns that spring up around the castle, shielding it from the outside world and preventing anyone from disturbing the Princess.

To lift an autumn hair is no sign of great strength; to see the sun and moon is no sign of sharp sight; to hear the noise of thunder is no sign of a quick ear.

VOTE: Darryl

From Sun Tzu's Art of War. On the Wikipedia entry on Sleeping Beauty:

The princess's name has varied from one adaptation to the other. In Sun, Moon, and Talia, she is named Talia ("Sun" and "Moon" being her twin children).

So unless I'm totally off, Christina is breadcrumbing Sleeping Beauty (Aurora).

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Dude just stop. Ariel swims out into the fucking ocean every night. Isn't that a claim going around? Where are you then, flavor police?
That's my point of the Crab Scale, it's getting ridiculous. If these are actual flavor then it needs to stop.

Current votes are 7 for Darryl, 6 for AB, and 4 for CM.

Scum will sit on a Darryl vote. If necessary, vote out AB to spare Darryl for one night.

Unless... we start another bandwagon.

Fireblend

Banned
Indeed. Stringing them together into a claim should be left to the person who makes the claim. You're basically helping to construct an out for them.

Maybe L_P knows Christina isn't scum and wants to be seen as helpful? Because he's scum himself? Eh?

gryvan

If darryl is snow white and he sends out info to the huntsman, I'm assuming hes like a deputy sheriff giving info to the actual sheriff that can do things.

Yeah i think thats way too fucking important for darryl to be lynched atm...

Vote: Darryl

I've been following the conversation and it seems to me like lynching either AB or Darryl is the right choice. Else this discussion is just going to go on forever. I agree with what Seath and others invoking the "likeliest explanation" rule have said. Scum Darryl claimed thinking he'd be safe because he didn't expect there'd be two roles from Peter Pan, got caught in the lie by AB and so far has struggled to remain alive by throwing weird theories at us like saying there might be 2 Wendys. In a game with so little information, we can't just accept weird assumptions like that one with <5% of being true. Plus lynching him will give us a decent amount of information.

Let's do it then.

unvote

Vote : Darryl

TheExodu5

Banned
Fuck.

So, either:

1) Daryl made a good town play by claiming a useless role to cover his cop role. Got unlucky as another Wendy was in the game

2) Daryl made a good scum play and is trying to get another role out in the open by having the real Snow White counter-claim.

I'm leaning towards 1, because I don't see why he would claim Wendy in the case of 2.

Unvote

Are you fucking kidding me? I hope noone actually believes this last minute roleclaim by Darryl. This is way too late to be sincere! In this light his whole fucking behaviour this dayphase doesn't make the slightest sense! I am going to flip tables if he gets this swung to someone else!

To quote Makai from the Woof2 Scum chat:
How to save yourself if you are definitely getting lynched:

Wait till there's about an hour left on the clock and then roleclaim. Literally always works. Your death is delayed a day and Town scrambles to find another lynch target.

TheExodu5

Banned
Vote: Enker

Fuck it. I'm going with my initial suspicion. There's no guarantee what he said (used a night action on me and it did nothing) was true.

I'm travelling for the rest of the day, so this might be my final post.

I'd vote CM, but I want to leave him a chance to defend himself and I won't be around to change my vote.

Mazre

Vote: Enker

Fuck it. I'm going with my initial suspicion. There's no guarantee what he said (used a night action on me and it did nothing) was true.

I'm travelling for the rest of the day, so this might be my final post.

I'd vote CM, but I want to leave him a chance to defend himself and I won't be around to change my vote.

He's had a chance to defend himself and has thus far declined to use it.

Current votes are 7 for Darryl, 6 for AB, and 4 for CM.

Scum will sit on a Darryl vote. If necessary, vote out AB to spare Darryl for one night.

Unless... we start another bandwagon.

Would scum move their vote from Darryl to someone else and then disappear for the rest of the voting time?

TheExodu5

Banned
Are you fucking kidding me? I hope noone actually believes this last minute roleclaim by Darryl. This is way too late to be sincere! In this light his whole fucking behaviour this dayphase doesn't make the slightest sense! I am going to flip tables if he gets this swung to someone else!

To quote Makai from the Woof2 Scum chat:

1) scum definitely has fake roles, right? So why claim Wendy when the role is in use by someone else?

2) why claim Wendy in the first place at all? He was under no pressure. The only possible benefits are saving Seath and painting himself as town...but why not use one of the fake role names given to scum in that case?

3) if he was trying to fish for a counter claim...why not claim a princess with a likely more powerful role than Wendy?

His claim makes sense. He was saving Seath while hiding his cop role. It was the right play. He just got unlucky.

In the games I've read, there are some pretty typical behaviors when town figures out a scum candidate. Usually there's a mix of:

1. Claim a role. If another player doubts something in it, claim another role to explain why it necessary to lie. Repeat until lynched.

2. Deflect. Pick a player that isn't active, or that no one likes, and try to start a vote on that player.

3. Attack the accuser. If a player found an inconsistency in the scum player's tactics, the scum will try to discredit that player.

4. Insult accusers. If players suggest they may be mafia, scum will try to make the accuser doubt their own arguments, with the goal of getting the accuser to be quiet, or even go as far as backing down on the accusation.

5. Be confusing. Say a bunch of stuff that sounds important but doesn't quite make sense. Aim to get the town team to leave scum for another day, on the basis that if they keep explaining it will eventually make sense.

6. Give up. Posts start to sound defeated and uninterested. Occasionally the scum player will admit they're on the mafia team and ask for a quick vote.

When considering which of two players to vote on, scum tell behavior can be one clue to look at.

I wrote this down for me to look at later, when I reread some more, but if it helps other readers, great! :)
Oh yeah, I thought of another one.

7. Use role claims of high value so Town is scared to lynch scum player. Push for opposing role claims from Town players in order to get good targets.

8. Fish for any information that scum team is missing. If Town players aren't talking about extra information from role pms and night moves, keep bringing up various theories that could be contradicted by Town information. Has the benefit of distracting uncertain townies from the suspicious behavior of the scum that's been caught.

I liked your Aurora suggestion Lone_Prodigy but sorry I'm not her. There probably is a real Aurora out there so claiming as her will only get me into more trouble.

Might as well come clean. I'm Princess Anastasia, if I'm lynched or night killed, my killer also dies with me. I attempted to bait mafia by dropping several bread crumbs of Disney characters.

Morning, sleeping beauties. Let's get this over with.

VOTE: Unmasked Ferret

Obvious Aurora role claim.

Can't we just banish them to the, enchanted forest? All this talk of lynching and beheading seems so un-princess-like. Heaven forbid I should get any blood on my dress.

Giselle role claim, note the comma.

snf8JaP.jpg

Tell me how do you feel about crustaceans?

Ariel role claim.

To lift an autumn hair is no sign of great strength; to see the sun and moon is no sign of sharp sight; to hear the noise of thunder is no sign of a quick ear.

VOTE: Darryl

Sun Tzu quote, Mulan role claim.

I decided to role claimed today because I genuinely thought that if I got stuck with a non-Disney role, maybe there were others as well. Also the way I saw the game heading, I was going to be the among the lynch candidates sooner or later. Being a non Disney princess, I stick out too much and many of you already have role claimed. It's was only a matter of time.

Seriously if I were mafia, I'd have a better princess name than Anastasia.

And for the record I never said I was neutral nor did I ever breadcrumb that. The remark about neutrals was genuine advice for new players in the event we would ever need the help of neutrals to win the game. They can't be trusted.

Mazre was the one who said I "breadcrumbed" as Neutral not I. Look it up. And expect him to harp on and on and on about it.

1) scum definitely has fake roles, right? So why claim Wendy when the role is in use by someone else?

2) why claim Wendy in the first place at all? He was under no pressure. The only possible benefits are saving Seath and painting himself as town...but why not use one of the fake role names given to scum in that case?

3) if he was trying to fish for a counter claim...why not claim a princess with a likely more powerful role than Wendy?

His claim makes sense. He was saving Seath while hiding his cop role. It was the right play. He just got unlucky.
Answers to all your questions is that any other character doesn't make any sense as a protector to Tinkerbell. Just because a name isn't listed as fakeclaim it doesn't mean it's in the game. They probably thought there wasn't another character from Peter Pan

LESS THAN TWO HOURS TO DELICIOUS BLOOOODY TIEM, PRINCESSES

G4NBjrA.gif

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Darryl (7)
AbsolutBro .805
Terrabyte20xx .807 .957
TheExodu5 .814 .1133
Lone_Prodigy .864 .977
Septimus Prime .873
Barrylocke .910
Seath .915 .936
Darryl .933 .958
Royal_Flush .1013
Seath .1042 .1085
Terrabyte20xx .1047
Fireblend .1050 .1098
weemadarthur .1055
Lone_Prodigy .1061 .1067
Freakinchair .1129

AbsolutBro (6)
Darryl .875 .880
ultron87 .951 .1103
Darryl .958
gryvan .968
Unmasked Ferret .974 .1109
Trigger .1008
StackpoleH .1011
Zatoth .1021
Christina Mackenzie .1078

Christina Mackenzie (3)
Mazre .1030
Seath .1085
Lone_Prodigy .1094
Fireblend .1106 .1139

TheExodu5 (1)
Enker .744
Terrabyte20xx .751 .807
Christina Mackenzie .767 .1078
StackpoleH .769 .924
weemadarthur .776 .1055

Seath (1)
Freakinchair .561 .1129
Euphemism .572
TheExodu5 .575 .660
Septimus Prime .618 .873
Christina Mackenzie .684 .767
Lone_Prodigy .689 .864
Terrabyte20xx .695 .751
Seath .907 .915

Freakinchair (1)
Fireblend .1139

Enker (1)
Darryl .656 .661
TheExodu5 .660 .814
Seath .688 .850
Fireblend .775 .1050
TheExodu5 .1135

Septimus Prime (0)
Darryl .795 .875
Darryl .880 .900

GreatCharleston (0)
Trigger .570 .990

gryvan (0)
Lone_Prodigy .586 .689

Zatoth (0)
weemadarthur .584 .691

weemadarthur (0)
Darryl .900 .933

Terrabyte20xx (0)
StackpoleH .594 .651

Euphemism (0)
Darryl .661 .795
Christina Mackenzie .664 .684
weemadarthur .691 .776

Trigger (0)
Terrabyte20xx .957 .1039

ultron87 (0)
Seath .624 .682
Seath .682 .688

No active vote for Day 2:
ultron87 (has previously voted)
Unmasked Ferret (has previously voted)

Day 2 ends:
cya_1456520400.png

12 votes for majority

Mazre

I liked your Aurora suggestion Lone_Prodigy but sorry I'm not her. There probably is a real Aurora out there so claiming as her will only get me into more trouble.

Might as well come clean. I'm Princess Anastasia, if I'm lynched or night killed, my killer also dies with me. I attempted to bait mafia by dropping several bread crumbs of Disney characters.

Ariel role claim.

I decided to role claimed today because I genuinely thought that if I got stuck with a non-Disney role, maybe there were others as well. Also the way I saw the game heading, I was going to be the among the lynch candidates sooner or later. Being a non Disney princess, I stick out too much and many of you already have role claimed. It's was only a matter of time.

And for the record I never said I was neutral nor did I ever breadcrumb that. The remark about neutrals was genuine advice for new players in the event we would ever need the help of neutrals to win the game. They can't be trusted.

Mazre was the one who said I "breadcrumbed" as Neutral not I. Look it up. And expect him to harp on and on and on about it.

Pitiful.

-Dusk (RIP) as Jane (ordinary, confirmed)
-FEP (RIP) as Alice (ordinary-ish, confirmed)
-Ultron as Giselle
-Darryl as Snow White (cop)
-AbsolutBro as Wendy
-Seath as Tinkerbell
-Exodu5 as Ariel (commuter)
-Enker as someone
-Christina as Anastasia (lynch/night bomb)
-Terrabyte as Elsa (X-shot vig, lover with Anna)
-Septimus as Anna (lover with Elsa)

11/24 have claimed in some way, and it's so convenient that two of them are lovers and two are not going to be targeted at night.

Darryl

Banned

Ariel role claim.

Why bait/breadcrumb multiple characters tho?

Top Bottom