• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DisneyPrincess Mafia |OT| Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, Who’s the Scummiest of Them All

woop. for the new page.

eQYSp3e.gif

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

AbsolutBro (4)
Darryl .875 .880
ultron87 .951
Darryl .958
gryvan .968
Unmasked Ferret .974

Darryl (4)
AbsolutBro .805
Terrabyte20xx .807 .957
TheExodu5 .814
Lone_Prodigy .864 .977
Septimus Prime .873
Barrylocke .910
Seath .915 .936
Darryl .933 .958

TheExodu5 (3)
Enker .744
Terrabyte20xx .751 .807
Christina Mackenzie .767
StackpoleH .769 .924
weemadarthur .776

Seath (2)
Freakinchair .561
Euphemism .572
TheExodu5 .575 .660
Septimus Prime .618 .873
Christina Mackenzie .684 .767
Lone_Prodigy .689 .864
Terrabyte20xx .695 .751
Seath .907 .915

Enker (1)
Darryl .656 .661
TheExodu5 .660 .814
Seath .688 .850
Fireblend .775

Trigger (1)
Terrabyte20xx .957

weemadarthur (0)
Darryl .900 .933

gryvan (0)
Lone_Prodigy .586 .689

Euphemism (0)
Darryl .661 .795
Christina Mackenzie .664 .684
weemadarthur .691 .776

ultron87 (0)
Seath .624 .682
Seath .682 .688

GreatCharleston (0)
Trigger .570 .990

Zatoth (0)
weemadarthur .584 .691

Terrabyte20xx (0)
StackpoleH .594 .651

Septimus Prime (0)
Darryl .795 .875
Darryl .880 .900

No active vote for Day 2:
Lone_Prodigy (has previously voted)
Mazre
Royal_Flush
Seath (has previously voted)
StackpoleH (has previously voted)
Trigger (has previously voted)
Zatoth

Day 2 ends:
cya_1456520400.png

12 votes for majority

Still too convenient if you ask me.

I also think you should read what I actually wrote, not what you think I wrote. The question from Royal was "knowing you might die, is there anything you (me) want to share". I answered that there was nothing I wanted to share. So if I did get any information, and I am not saying one way or another that I did, it would be nothing that I want to share.

What sort of results do you think he might have received?

I think he's bluffing about his PR. If he was town he would have kept his mouth shut. We already have the lovers, a watcher, a BP every-night in here. Why give more targets to mafia? Sounds like he's trying to save his own skin.

4 pages ago he was willing to be voted out to prove his point. I'm not feeling that anymore.

Trigger

Vote: AbsolutBro

If Darryl is BSing about his role we'll know pretty soon. My instincts say he's the more suspicious of the two Wendys.

Zatoth

I think he's bluffing about his PR. If he was town he would have kept his mouth shut. We already have the lovers, a watcher, a BP every-night in here. Why give more targets to mafia? Sounds like he's trying to save his own skin.

4 pages ago he was willing to be voted out to prove his point. I'm not feeling that anymore.

Not sure I am following you. When exactly was he bluffing about his PR?

Going over my scenarios that I wrote out before, and looking over Royal_Flush's excellent post, it seems clear it should be between absolutbro and Darryl today, even if that weren't already assured by the vote count.

There are problems with both their stories. However, I think Darryl's posts in general have been better for the town. It seems plausible to me that there are non-Disney characters in the game (though it's a bit sad with all these Wendy claims flying around there's no sign of Wendy from the best version of Peter Pan, i.e. the original book/play by JM Barrie.)

I still feel unsure, but I think we have a 50/50 chance, and I'm landing on favoring darryl's version.

vote: AbsolutBro

Tell you what. It takes 12 votes to reach a majority today. I am currently at 6 or 7 votes. If I get to 11 votes, I will selfvote. Then I can at least escape the insanity that is this day 2 Princesses.

I will also explain everything about why I said and did what I did re: PR.

Ah fuck this, I have no clue who of the two is lying but as I said the floor is higher if we

vote: Darryl

Then we're done with this shit at least.

Barrylocke said:
I'd like to go back to why this name claim was supposedly dropped in the first place: because Darryl doubts the validity of the SeptimusPrime and Terrabyte as the Frozen sisters.

How do you all feel on the validity of their claim? Did Darryl's claim add any doubts on their claims, especially before AbsolutBro also claimed Wendy?

No one has answered this. Whether you believe in their claim has is an important factor in this.

ultron87

His claim didn't have anything to do with their claim, right? The post was in two parts. It was basically just "hey, Seath is cool because I'm Wendy", and then as a separate statement, "I don't think they're telling the truth because they should've revealed the night kill possibility on day 1."

I disagree with the second part. They were a good target for scum already as lovers, but why would they reveal that additional info to make them even more likely to be killed and also reveal them as a good target for a scum blocker? I'm not sure they picked the best target, but that doesn't mean they're scum.

No one has answered this. Whether you believe in their claim has is an important factor in this.
I believe them as much as I believe any other claim but Darryl's. That is: I remain skeptical until proof pops up.

Still, there was no real reason for Terrabyte to claim the panda kill unless he was telling the truth, or it was a scum gambit. I don't see the second option as very likely this early, though it's not impossible. As for being lovers, well the longer the game goes without them dying the less likely I am to believe it. And since it requires them both to be complicit in the lie, that essentially puts two scum at risk if it's a gambit.

Neither seem like they would be great gambits, so for the time being I'm inclined to believe they're telling the truth about lovers and the kill.

Trigger

The two aren't related in my mind. I'm willing to believe that two are lovers. Town aligned? One-shot vigilantes? Or multiple shots? That's where my doubt comes in.

Darryl

Banned
I know this will do nothing but make me look scummy, but I would rather not give my role title. There is a reason for that, I promise. I suspect something in the titles that I can't prove, and cannot be sure that scum has figured out. I would advise everyone who has not given their title to continue to keep their title under wraps.

Ordinary princesses are , a Disney Princess! Or if they're a PR, they have a name. It is obvious based on revealed info. If this is what you're alluding to, you're dishonest. I want to know. Because based on what's on the table, from your "town" shoes I already know this secret info. Because I've claimed scummily claimed a PR and crafted a subtitle. So you are only keeping info from town in this scenario.

I think this is an under the table attempt to build a rapport. You're selfishly suppressing info that could help us figure this out. If you went ahead revealed this info, you'd know that it gives credence to my claim. Instead you're using it as some cryptic defense. As like a wink to other people who've figured out the obvious.

Zatoth

I just don't see a good reason why Darryl would make a mistake like that. Especially so early in the game.

Would be funny if we have indeed two Wendys in this game and both flip town.

Darryl

Banned
His claim didn't have anything to do with their claim, right? The post was in two parts. It was basically just "hey, Seath is cool because I'm Wendy", and then as a separate statement, "I don't think they're telling the truth because they should've revealed the night kill possibility on day 1."

I disagree with the second part. They were a good target for scum already as lovers, but why would they reveal that additional info to make them even more likely to be killed and also reveal them as a good target for a scum blocker? I'm not sure they picked the best target, but that doesn't mean they're scum.

Revealing they had a night kill isn't going to impact their night survival. They would get the kill off regardless of it they were killed or not. It has no impact, so not revealing it hurts town because it didn't let the masses help decide on a kill target. Which would've given us juicy discussion to weed through, too.

Darryl, answer my question!
Darryl: How did you plan to save Seath from the lynch D1 considering you weren't around to post a lengthy roleclaim and clearly there was momentum for a Seath lynch forming?

I just don't see a good reason why Darryl would make a mistake like that. Especially so early in the game.

"Funny" is not the exact phrasing I would use...

Ordinary princesses are , a Disney Princess! Or if they're a PR, they have a name. It is obvious based on revealed info. If this is what you're alluding to, you're dishonest. I want to know. Because based on what's on the table, from your "town" shoes I already know this secret info. Because I've claimed scummily claimed a PR and crafted a subtitle. So you are only keeping info from town in this scenario.

I think this is an under the table attempt to build a rapport. You're selfishly suppressing info that could help us figure this out. If you went ahead revealed this info, you'd know that it gives credence to my claim. Instead you're using it as some cryptic defense. As like a wink to other people who've figured out the obvious.

As I can no longer imagine a scenario wherein both of us survive the night, I might as well put this part of my now irrelevent plan out there.

Yes, as you, and I and likely Fireblend have surmised, non PR princesses are just _______, a Disney Princess while PRs have a title. I did not want to give my title, because it would give away whether or not I have a PR. As I have said multiple times, if somehow we made it through the day with neither of us being lynched, that would put scum in the position of having to decide to:

Out you by killing me
Let me live knowing they cannot kill me until you are already dead

Essentially, they have to weigh your life against the possibility that I have a PR. If I gave my title and it was "a Disney Princess", scum would know I did not have a PR and so the choice becomes obvious: leave us both alive. I cannot prove you are scum, but also cannot do anything to harm them during the night phase.

Even if you are somehow lynched today (which is unlikely), I will likely not survive the night phase. There's no reason for scum to leave me alive as basically a confirmed townie at this point.

So let us assume then that Darryl is telling the truth. What could I possibly stand to gain by making myself appear as scummy as I have? What reason? If I were a lyncher who won by eliminating Darryl, why wouldnt I do something like drop hints at being a role cop and that Darryl was scum? Once he was gone it is not like you could punish me. Do you really think I am such a terrible player that I would just come out and Thunderdome my target?

Whatever, am I at 11 yet?

Whatever, am I at 11 yet?

7 (if you ignore that Darryl can't write):

seath</b> (1)
freakinchair 561

greatcharleston (0)
trigger 570 (990)

seath (1)
euphemism 572
theexodu5 575 (660)
septimus prime 618 (873)
christina mackenzie 684 (767)
lone_prodigy 689 (864)
terrabyte20xx 695 (751)
seath 907 (915)

zatoth (0)
weemadarthur 584 (691)

gryvan (0)
lone_prodigy 586 (689)

terrabyte (0)
stackpoleh 594 (651)

ultron87 (0)
seath 624 (682)

enker (1)
darryl 656 (661)
theexodu5 660 (814)
seath 688 (850)
fireblend 775

euphemism (0)
darryl 661 (795)
christina mackenzie 664 (684)
weemadarthur 691 (776)

theexodu5 (3)
enker 744
terrabyte20xx 751 (807)
christina mackenzie 767
stackpoleh 769 (924)
weemadarthur 776

septimus prime (0)
darryl 795 (875)
darryl 880 (900)

darryl (5)
absolutbro 805
terrabyte20xx 807 (957)
theexodu5 814
lone_prodigy 864 (977)
septimus prime 873
barrylocke 910
seath 915 (936)
darryl 933 (958)
royal_flush 1013

absolutbro (6)
darryl 875 (880)
ultron87 951
gryvan 968
unmasked ferret 974
trigger 1008
stackpoleh 1011
zatoth 1021

weemadarthur (0)
darryl 900 (933)

trigger (1)
terrabyte20xx 957

absolutebro (1)
darryl 958

Darryl

Banned
And people thinking I'm a name cop making this all up. What purpose could that even have in this game from a scum perspective? I cop someone as scum to find out someone is, in fact, princess? There's no correlation so far between princess name/ability and everyone has a name.

The purpose of the role would be for this scenario to happen, which is fucking crazy.

That has to be a town role. Unless mafia are princesses too. Which means we would just have an alignment cop.

And then, building on that, how would I know Seath was Tinker Bell otherwise? Why are people humoring AB?

And people thinking I'm a name cop making this all up. What purpose could that even have in this game from a scum perspective? I cop someone as scum to find out someone is, in fact, princess? There's no correlation so far between princess name/ability and everyone has a name.

The purpose of the role would be for this scenario to happen, which is fucking crazy.

That has to be a town role. Unless mafia are princesses too. Which means we would just have an alignment cop.

And then, building on that, how would I know Seath was Tinker Bell otherwise? Why are people humoring AB?
How does the role make sense as a Town role?

How about a role cop that gives you the full PM. I'm fairly certain we had this in at least one other game as a Scum PR.

He was never going to die. Come on. It's like why I knew I was never going to die day 1 even though I also had a lot of votes.
Your confidence in the smartness of Town is impressive. Especially given the end result of just 8-6.

Mazre

I haven't seen much discussion of the "What if they're both town option"

I submit that AbsolutBro is likely Wendy. Darryl is lying about being Wendy, and is likely a town PR that was initially trying to throw off scum by claiming to be a relatively unimportant town while shielding Seath who is also likely town.

Darryl appears to have had information that Seath was Tink prior to his claim. This would either be due to his role or because he had access to such information from a scum teammate. We've explored the latter pretty well. He's been pretty active this game and generally presented as town up until Absolut contradicted him. I suspect he stuck his neck out to reduce the chance that scum would attempt to night kill him. It's possible he was trying to increase his profile to draw a night kill as well, though less likely in my mind.

AbsolutBro did what anyone would likely do if they saw someone claim their role, call them on it, much the same way Ultron did day 1 when he thought Seath was breadcrumbing instead of just RPing.

Now...where does that leave us if we lynch neither and whom do we lynch instead?

What's this? Christina was gracious enough to provide us with a completely unsolicited claim? Let's examine it.

1. Claim comes out of nowhere, even after several players specifically requested no further claims for this phase.
2. Claims Anastasia, and specifically notes that he's not a 'Disney' Princess
3. This gem of a post on day 1, bringing up neutrals out of nowhere.
4. Is playing up a lyncher angle against AbsolutBro. Towns goal is not to lynch neutrals it's to lynch scum.

According to the bulk of the discussion AbsolutBro is either town or neutral, Darryl is either town or scum. I think both are town.

It appears to me that Christina is likely scum or neutral. I lean scum as a neutral would prefer to keep that kind of talk quiet. Christina has actively embraced it and breadcrumbed it, innocent people don't have to set up elaborate alibis.

VOTE: Christina Mackenzie

I submit that AbsolutBro is likely Wendy. Darryl is lying about being Wendy, and is likely a town PR that was initially trying to throw off scum by claiming to be a relatively unimportant town while shielding Seath who is also likely town.

Why does Darryl have a vote on AB who could be an important PR if Darryl is an unimportant role?

Mazre

Why does Darryl have a vote on AB who could be an important PR if Darryl is an unimportant role?

Because things blew up in Darryl's face and he's trying to stay alive now. If he is town it stands to reason he didn't have a safe list to make a fake claim from and guessed that if there was Tink there wouldn't be Wendy. He got unlucky. And I said Darryl is likely an important PR pretending to be unimportant.

nvm, misread. You said Darryl was important, but claimed to be just a protector.

Different question then:

Why would Darryl not just come clean instead of risking the lynch of another likely Town player? Why throw himself out there for Seath but not for AB?

Mazre

nvm, misread. You said Darryl was important, but claimed to be just a protector.

Different question then:

Why would Darryl not just come clean instead of risking the lynch of another likely Town player? Why throw himself out there for Seath but not for AB?

He may not trust AB, changing his story would also draw suspicion and be counter to his original goal. If it was a gambit Darryl is the type of player I would expect to stick to script to the end, town or scum.

Christina has flagged my alerts too for future days, honestly. No one else screams "ooh, good idea let's do that", to the point that it made me question my thoughts on Darryl for a moment or two over the past 12 hours. I'm ok with that lynch, but I think Darryl or AbsolutBro (personally preferring Darryl) would tell us a lot more. Not to mention gathering the votes so soon seems hard. Though stranger shit has happened.

Mazre

Christina has flagged my alerts too for future days, honestly. No one else screams "ooh, good idea let's do that", to the point that it made me question my thoughts on Darryl for a moment or two over the past 12 hours. I'm ok with that lynch, but I think Darryl or AbsolutBro (personally preferring Darryl) would tell us a lot more. Not to mention gathering the votes so soon seems hard. Though stranger shit has happened.

There's some time left in the phase, I would strongly urge you to look at Christina's behavior. Remember our goal isn't to lynch neutrals or lynch for information, it's to lynch scum. Nothing Christina has done of late has been aligned with town behavior.

Darryl

Banned
How does the role make sense as a Town role?

How about a role cop that gives you the full PM. I'm fairly certain we had this in at least one other game as a Scum PR.

Your confidence in the smartness of Town is impressive. Especially given the end result of just 8-6.

A town who is a name cop could name cop Ursula, or someone sinister. It has function there.

I think we had a scum name cop in Animal Crossing, where names equated to PRs and everyone who didn't have a name was ordinary. Am I playing like I know what Seath's full role is?

The most outspoken player against Seath was me. Take me out of the argument against him and he wasn't at the same level of perceived risk. It seems like a closer race to you. I've seen very tight games and held firm. You're saying I'm not bold, which is in contrast to the argument against me, which is that I'm bold and am faking this claim.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Real quick:

UNVOTE

Not entirely satisfied, but that's clearly not going to go anywhere today so I'm going to need to move on.

@Darryl: You asked me what I voted trigger and not weemad, that's because Weemad did vote in the first round of thunderdome while trigger not only didn't, he kept his vote on Chareston/Barry. That stood out to me more, that's all. I haven't been liking a lot of weemads stuff, but I don't know if that's because he's scum or if that's just how he plays.

Now when it comes to Darryl and AB, I'm torn here. Both make no sense for doing what they've done for any Scenario. I'm having a hard time being objective in this whole thing because Darryl keeps insisting that Sept and I are scum when we aren't. I'm going to attempt to re-read through their whole thing and then try to figure out who I think doesn't add up, then I'll place my vote on one of them.

zrge9OV.gif
8CPadmm.gif

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

AbsolutBro (7)
Darryl .875 .880
ultron87 .951
Darryl .958
gryvan .968
Unmasked Ferret .974
Trigger .1008
StackpoleH .1011
Zatoth .1021

Darryl (5)
AbsolutBro .805
Terrabyte20xx .807 .957
TheExodu5 .814
Lone_Prodigy .864 .977
Septimus Prime .873
Barrylocke .910
Seath .915 .936
Darryl .933 .958
Royal_Flush .1013

TheExodu5 (3)
Enker .744
Terrabyte20xx .751 .807
Christina Mackenzie .767
StackpoleH .769 .924
weemadarthur .776

Seath (2)
Freakinchair .561
Euphemism .572
TheExodu5 .575 .660
Septimus Prime .618 .873
Christina Mackenzie .684 .767
Lone_Prodigy .689 .864
Terrabyte20xx .695 .751
Seath .907 .915

Enker (1)
Darryl .656 .661
TheExodu5 .660 .814
Seath .688 .850
Fireblend .775

Christina Mackenzie (1)
Mazre .1030

weemadarthur (0)
Darryl .900 .933

gryvan (0)
Lone_Prodigy .586 .689

Euphemism (0)
Darryl .661 .795
Christina Mackenzie .664 .684
weemadarthur .691 .776

ultron87 (0)
Seath .624 .682
Seath .682 .688

GreatCharleston (0)
Trigger .570 .990

Zatoth (0)
weemadarthur .584 .691

Terrabyte20xx (0)
StackpoleH .594 .651

Septimus Prime (0)
Darryl .795 .875
Darryl .880 .900

Trigger (0)
Terrabyte20xx .957 .1039

No active vote for Day 2:
Lone_Prodigy (has previously voted)
Seath (has previously voted)
Terrabyte20xx (has previously voted)

Day 2 ends:
cya_1456520400.png

12 votes for majority

A town who is a name cop could name cop Ursula, or someone sinister. It has function there.

I think we had a scum name cop in Animal Crossing, where names equated to PRs and everyone who didn't have a name was ordinary. Am I playing like I know what Seath's full role is?

The most outspoken player against Seath was me. Take me out of the argument against him and he wasn't at the same level of perceived risk. It seems like a closer race to you. I've seen very tight games and held firm. You're saying I'm not bold, which is in contrast to the argument against me, which is that I'm bold and am faking this claim.

btw, combine this with the AB theory of Ordinaries not having a title (or the title just being "a princess") it suddenly becomes a Vanilla cop again, which is a useful PR for Scum.

Oh, I know you're bold. But I don't think you're stupid. That vote on Seath accomplished nothing except bringing you closer to your claimed lose condition. Why not bait Scum by going for any of the like a dozen other easy targets?

Kevyt

Darryl's theories and claims seem too far fetched for me to believe.

Darryl has gone to claim that he being Wendy knows that I was tinkerbell beforehand, and that somehow it's his duty to "protect me" for something terrible could happen.

The part about the neutral lyncher role is that it spiritually conflicts with my role.

I saw my role and thought it was to keep Tinker Bell safe. Probably because something bad would happen if we killed Tinker Bell. That's why I was trying to see if Seath had something that would imply he would have a player looking out for him. Mabe he's a daytime lynch bomb. Don't reveal that, Seath. I was just hoping you'd back me up or something at the time.

I guess it makes sense when I talk about it more. I'm supposed to protect TB. But there's someone out to get me? So if I ever used the function of my role to protect someone from a lynch, I'd have a player alerted out to get me? It just wasn't how I initially saw the utility behind my role.

Why would there be a character who's purpose is to protect someone else who isn't even a PR, but rather just a regular townie?

I have no power roles, I'm just tinker bell in name, but other than voting during the day, that's pretty much it.

If scum is to take me out tonight, you guys will see. This is why I was also not afraid to be lynched during the day. Nothing bad would happen, and town wouldn't lose a PR, just a regular townie who happens to be Tinkerbell.

It seems like Darryl was plotting for something else. I have seen Scum Darryl before and I honestly do believe that he is prone to making mistakes of this magnitude.

It's interesting because he hated me, and all of a sudden he wants to "protect" me.

Then there's this following of events:

1. Darryl claims he's Wendy
2. AB counterclaims he's Wendy
3. Darryl claims there could be two Wendies
4. AB calls out Darryl
5. Darryl claims he's older Wendy and posts a wiki link to something that I'm entirely sure is part of the Disney Universe.
6. Darryl claims (as seen in the quoted post) that he believed the purpose of his role was to protect TB, and I could be a day lynch bomb.

Do you guys see how far fetched this whole Darryl ordeal is?

I am not buying it.

Vote: Darryl

There's some time left in the phase, I would strongly urge you to look at Christina's behavior. Remember our goal isn't to lynch neutrals or lynch for information, it's to lynch scum. Nothing Christina has done of late has been aligned with town behavior.

Until this is resolved it will be a huge and distracting talking point. Unless you are strongly convinced both parties are Town, the right move is to lynch one of them now.

Mazre

Until this is resolved it will be a huge and distracting talking point. Unless you are strongly convinced both parties are Town, the right move is to lynch one of them now.

I am largely convinced both are town. I am extremely convinced Christina is scum.

Darryl

Banned
btw, combine this with the AB theory of Ordinaries not having a title (or the title just being "a princess") it suddenly becomes a Vanilla cop again, which is a useful PR for Scum.

Oh, I know you're bold. But I don't think you're stupid. That vote on Seath accomplished nothing except bringing you closer to your claimed lose condition. Why not bait Scum by going for any of the like a dozen other easy targets?

I do things to get people talking because it's easier to find the scum then. And also, what AB theory of Ordinaries? Is this a slip?

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
The more I looked at it, I can only come to the conclusion to:

VOTE: Darryl

I can't help but shake the feeling that he's scum who has kept himself alive so far by doubling down hard on his claim, as the longer he keeps us talking, the more likely it is for us to not vote him out.

Fireblend

Banned
Vote: Darryl

I've been following the conversation and it seems to me like lynching either AB or Darryl is the right choice. Else this discussion is just going to go on forever. I agree with what Seath and others invoking the "likeliest explanation" rule have said. Scum Darryl claimed thinking he'd be safe because he didn't expect there'd be two roles from Peter Pan, got caught in the lie by AB and so far has struggled to remain alive by throwing weird theories at us like saying there might be 2 Wendys. In a game with so little information, we can't just accept weird assumptions like that one with <5% of being true. Plus lynching him will give us a decent amount of information.

Top Bottom