• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Final Fantasy ARCADE ANNOUNCED! [Update: Trailer + Info]

YES! Dissidia is probably the best fanservice game I've ever played and also one of my favorite fighters. Reminds me a lot of Phantom Dust which I loved back in the day. Currently playing Dissidia 012 almost daily for the last couple of months on PSTV so this news makes my day.

I'm just waiting to see gameplay before I go full blown
Zn6u7YU.png

hearing the combat will be different has me a bit worried.

FourMyle

So finally I can enjoy this game (if it comes to consoles/pc later on) without having to do the repetitive RPG crap? That would be awesome.

I'm hyped!

How long do they usually take if they do? 1~3 years?

If they do, in general they simply do not get ported, just stays an arcade game or franchise if it makes money like Gunslinger Stratos.

In general though arcade ports take as long as the dev wants. Usually that means a good few months to maybe a year or more so the arcade owners don't feel cheated from buying a multi thousand dollar machine or tens of thousands for a set, just to have a console version drop a few months later.

Shit they could announce a console version Monday for all we know. seriously doubt that though lol.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
With SE, it's gotten to a point where they announce worthwhile games and I still think they will fuck them up one way or another. 0 hype.

Neff

One thing I wonder with arcades on the decline and more and more places struggling do not see how constantly releasing new machines is going to be a good long term business practice for anyone. Esp when current arcades are having enough trouble as is keeping up with the constant changes / latest new game.

Arcades do still make money in Japan, depending on location. A Dissidia FF cab is going to do very well.

zeromcd73

If they do, in general they simply do not get ported, just stays an arcade game or franchise if it makes money like Gunslinger Stratos.

In general though arcade ports take as long as the dev wants. Usually that means a good few months to maybe a year or more so the arcade owners don't feel cheated from buying a multi thousand dollar machine or tens of thousands for a set, just to have a console version drop a few months later.

Shit they could announce a console version Monday for all we know. seriously doubt that though lol.
Thank you for the reply :D

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Uuugghhhh, we gotta wait 2 months!?

Still kind of hoping we might see characters from games like Type-0 & such.

Reveirg

Knew something was up when Yoshida brang up "Special Dissidia edition cards" for FFXIV.

Really hyped for this, given we get to play it somehow, someday.

Takao

Banned
PSV port please.

Everyone else is begging.

hey, small screen plus downgraded visuals is one way to keep the arcade version lucrative

but really though, the home port should be psv/ps4 with cross-play between the two since it makes sense
but the same can be said about certain other square enix games

I can't even think of a single arcade anywhere near me.

Well, I was talking about consoles. They will never bring an arcade machine over here.

I really hope the game becomes successful and we get a port.

I do wonder if 3v3 means 6 people playing at the same time...

Ezalc

Hopefully they'll actually put somebody else from VI and IX in this time. Still pissed about that shit from 012.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Jacknod. Best gaming platform. First more Gunslinger Stratos outfits and now this. Thank you, SE.

Forkball

I was wondering if they were going to revive this franchise. The last game came out nearly four years ago. Making it a 3v3 arcade fighter is pretty unexpected though. A console release will probably follow.

Top Bottom