• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Final Fantasy ARCADE ANNOUNCED! [Update: Trailer + Info]

solomon

Well disappointment sets in, its 3v3 6 people, it will do well in Japanese arcades, but probably wont have a big scene in the fgc :(

Valnen

HD Cloud!!!
B9x8OEVCUAEzKur.jpg:orig

He looks great. I need this so bad, I really hope it isn't arcade only.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cool, they finally turned that field/hill/whatever that references the original FF title screen into a stage.

HD Dissidia does not disappoint. & is it just me, or did some of the attacks feel like they were faster?

Toki767

This can't possibly NOT come to consoles right? I mean it is Square Enix, but they can't possibly be dumb enough to not make a PS4 version.

Well disappointment sets in, its 3v3 6 people, it will do well in Japanese arcades, but probably wont have a big scene in the fgc :(

Could say the same about its Gundam inspired roots or "Avatar Quote Here" but that shouldn't matter either way! If you feel that passionately about it then put some work to make that scene happen if you get the opportunity before just giving it up before making an attempt.

In other news, YESSSS!!!

Ezalc

Steiner or we'll riot.

Eh, I'd prefer Beatrix or Amarant (or better yet all three).

Here's hoping they leave Zidane as the best character.

Fake edit: Saw the video. Good to see WoL wrecking Lightining's shit, he totally wins against Cloud too. Sucks that Terra is stuck with the jobber team.

The art style looks weird though, don't know how to explain it but it seems like things are lacking some sort of outline or something? Everything seems weirdly watered down in terms of color. It's just odd.

Also, not a fan of the 3 vs 3 thing but who knows. Gundam did 2 vs 2 well so maybe this won't be so bad. Still hope there's a mode where it's just 1 vs 1 though.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
That looks like a shit ton of fun.

i see that they kept some of the same moves (very noticeable with Terra)

I hope they do new moves.

All of the moves shown are already in Duodecim (excpet for FFXIV)

These characters will probably keep the same moveset... Which can mean they will focus more on balancing and/or adding more characters.

Which is fine by me.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I don't think Square Enix is developing this internally, probably Tecmo Koei or something.

zeromcd73

Dragon Quest Heroes isn't happening because Square Enix was smart enough to think to do it. It's happening because someone gave the nudge to Koei, and helped make it happen. It's not like there'll only be one DQH either, or that it's the only franchise that'll necessarily be taken advantage of in this manner, but it's a way to create opportunity there and build more revenue. This is an example of a deal where it's going to be beneficial for all parties involved. That's just a spin-off. Why wouldn't more care and thought be put into a potential business deal involving such a huge brand like Dragon Quest, and an actual mainline title?
More hmm...

This is fabulous. What's with all the blatant port begging? Dissidia's core gameplay was way too solid to let die on the vine, so I am happy to see this.

Top Bottom