• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Final Fantasy ARCADE ANNOUNCED! [Update: Trailer + Info]

Ah that music on the <website> i'm getting even more hyped.

I think it's safe to assume that every previous character will be back , right ?

VZdQPRP.gif

koutoru

This and DQ Heroes better be announced for localization.
Hopefully sooner rather than later. How could this not end up as a console port?

solomon

Give it time. The FGC has anime games. Anime. Think about it :D

You can probably do 1v1 fights too. Specially if this game comes to consoles...

When I say it won't do well in the fgc isn't because of how it looks its how the system for the game is set up, if you can't do 1 v 1 or at least 2 v 2 and only 3 v 3 its gunna be annoying running the game. Every set up would need 6 monitors, consoles etc. We just have to wait and see what gets announced.

KoopaTheCasual

This is fabulous. What's with all the blatant port begging? Dissidia's core gameplay was way too solid to let die on the vine, so I am happy to see this.
I think it's less "I don't wanna support it's intended format" and more "I don't live in Japan/have no access to play it unless it's localized". And since the arcade scene outside of Japan is... not good, people are asking for it the only way they can.

Not justifying it, just rationalizing.

This is fabulous. What's with all the blatant port begging? Dissidia's core gameplay was way too solid to let die on the vine, so I am happy to see this.

I was always under the impression that arcade port begging isn't as big a deal, considering the non-existent Arcade market in the West.

Imagine Yuna...

With all the summons...

Or Gabranth, who already had extremely flashy magic.

SE pls....

When I say it won't do well in the fgc isn't because of how it looks its how the system for the game is set up, if you can't do 1 v 1 or at least 2 v 2 and only 3 v 3 its gunna be annoying running the game. Every set up would need 6 monitors, consoles etc. We just have to wait and see what gets announced.

I literally said "You can probably do 1v1" =P

Anyway, we'll have to wait indeed. Dissidia getting a spot at the FGC would be amazing.

No way this shit isn't getting a port.

Considering the first two were 1v1, I don't think they wouldn't allow you to do it.
Unless there are some huge mechanics designed specifically around 3v3

Tain

I never considered it but I guess it could be UE4.

I was always under the impression that arcade port begging isn't as big a deal, considering the non-existent Arcade market in the West.

I don't think the mods will be doling out any bans or anything but post after post of "consoles when" gets pretty old.

Shojx

It's probably been said a bunch of times, but I hope Kingdom Hearts gets some sort of representation in this one!

Also, new Dissidia, cool!

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Nah, FFXIV engine is a lot different.

Alrighty :p

I have to hand it to the new CEO of SE, he's been making all the right moves as of late, especially for shareholders. I still think they're heavily reliant on the FF brand a bit too much though but maybe their next big hit will come from their Publication department - where's the new FullMetal Alchemist?

Squire

Banned
It's probably been said a bunch of times, but I hope Kingdom Hearts gets some sort of representation in this one!

Also, new Dissidia, cool!

Doesn't Disney own all of Nomura's original characters for that series? Sora et al?

KH isn't happening.

sensui-tomo

If by some miraculous means that it did ever come over to the west in a playable form, I'll be using my main all day erry day, the one, the only, BUTZ

Takao

Banned
It kinda reminds me of XIV for some reason. Just me? Not even sure if that UE4 or not.

i feel like it's the washed out colours and the pale skin that's reminiscent of XIV

Why arcade still popular is Japan unlike in West
I hope the game be ported to Vita

it really should
iirc se said dissidia had a younger audience as a result of it being on a handheld, which meant it acted like an introduction to the older and less popular entries
i feel like ps4 is guaranteed but this could sell on vita too in jp

xzeldax3

I prefer the old logo better :/ Anyways, this seems really interesting and I can't wait to learn more info! I think this exactly what SE needs to excite its fans again.

solomon

Imagine Yuna...

With all the summons...

Or Gabranth, who already had extremely flashy magic.

SE pls....

I literally said "You can probably do 1v1" =P

Anyway, we'll have to wait indeed. Dissidia getting a spot at the FGC would be amazing.
If we can 1 v 1 Kreygasm
UjHRRlk.png

#TeamlowTier ,LOW TIER GOD

Sony better get on this with marketing for Japan's console revival.

Looks like a mix between Naruto games and Power stone. I can dig it. Not mind-blowing visually, but certainly day one. Once a console release is confirmed I'll catch up on the old titles on Vita. These do have a story right? Some reason all the characters are together like the KH titles?

Top Bottom