• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 |OT| Dragons & Dungeon Mastering

Do summons only scale with Summoner or will points in geo/aero/pyro make earth/air/fire/etc. elementals stronger?

Only summoning and your level. The summons have their own stats so your skills/stats/items have no impact on that. You can give them buffs to increase their damage and such though like Clear Mind, Haste and the Necro damage buff based on hp missing.

Lanrutcon

I'm somewhere in act 2 and I just keep finding stuff. I thought I was like, 1/3? through the game. Now I'm like...yeah. I just how much shit did they pack into this game.

Question about four player co-op. Can you play four players with two PCs split screen? Trying to figure out if I need to buy two copies or four copies.

Yes, each pc can handle two players, and the two computers can play over the internet. Everyone needs to use a controller though from what I understand.

At least it's not NO MAN IS A RICH AS THE MAN WITH MAANYY CHEESES every 2 seconds.

"RED AND ORANGE, YELLOW AND GREEN, THE FINEST VEGGIES CYSEALS EVER SEEN!"

"No time for cheese? That excuse has more holes than a slice of this fine gorgombert."

Repeat ad naseum.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Finally beat
Kniles the Flenser
with Beast (my main), Red Prince, Lohse and Ifan. His goddamned backstab one shotted poor Lohse, had no choice but to end the bastard. Tough, but he kicked the bucket soon enough and I also ripped his face off as a gift to Fane

Kirie

Act 2 early quest spoilers (chicken quest)
I went from laughing like an idiot at the Magicockeral (amazing voice acting btw) to pure horror when Peeper ended up turning into a voidling because I refused to kill him :/ Damn lol

Question about the black cat - I met him very early, climbed up the vines and he didn't follow. When I climbed back down, he was gone! Where does he go? He wasn't involved in any combat, he just disappeared! Where can I find him again?

Shahadan

Nice, but I got one better: (chapter two early Driftwood tavern spoiler)

I made out with a giant spider.

I don't know which one is worse!
Man I thought they were giving me a joke answer and I couldn't resist to see what he was going to say, but that actually happened.
That was hilarious

I guess this game has undead/living gay sex in it, time to alert the media

Kalentan

So once I got level 5/6 I just went back to Fort Joy and killed ALL the Magisters. lol.

Not sure if I was supposed to but hey, I guess people are free? (Not that the game would acknowledge it.)

Adnor

Banned
Damn, plan "Block LoS with boxes and barrels and shit" is a failure, can't rob this guy.

AC47818594DA72F4E9EA2E4E00A0A01A09F96E7C

aravuus

Finished a couple of quests. Got a fantastic crossbow for Ifan.

Killed everyone in Fort Joy, more often than not in entirely unnecessarily sadistic ways. It was a good and productive day in the world of 3-player coop.

I'm only about 2 hours in but fairly happy with my basic party composition.

Fane with Geo and Poly as main
Default Ifan
Knight Red Prince (I feel I should've went default here instead because the shield seems to be good but fuck it, gonna 2H destroy people)
Rogue/Mage mix Sebille (Lohse's story seems pretty interesting though)

I never replay games but this game already seems like it has so much replay value. So much densely-packed content. All of the companions seem pretty interesting as well.

Kalentan

Is the Arena in Fort Joy glitched?

After you complete the fight, and
get your collar removed
, she asks who you wish to challenge but then you're given no options to challenge anyone. Why?

TheMax

Neo Member
Is the Arena in Fort Joy glitched?

After you complete the fight, and
get your collar removed
, she asks who you wish to challenge but then you're given no options to challenge anyone. Why?

It's only if you play with other people you can challenge them.

Shahadan

How do persuasion events work exactly? I have 2 points in persuasion and 20 of the right stat but it always fails.
Magister Ranley only has 12 in everything, so what are the rules exactly? :/

Edit: Hmm actually doing the action required rather that talking to her prompted a different event and it worked. Weird still

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
So once I got level 5/6 I just went back to Fort Joy and killed ALL the Magisters. lol.

Not sure if I was supposed to but hey, I guess people are free? (Not that the game would acknowledge it.)

definitely what I'm planning to do as well. That plonker high judge or something will taste the whip soon enough

Kard8p3

Beginning of Act 2 Question

I just respec'd Lohse into a rogue-esque character, but I don't have any spellbooks to teach her stuff, where can I find a vendor to steal/buy from for her? I'm wondering if I should just re-load and wait so she isn't completely useless lol

Beginning of Act 2 Question

I just respec'd Lohse into a rogue-esque character, but I don't have any spellbooks to teach her stuff, where can I find a vendor to steal/buy from for her? I'm wondering if I should just re-load and wait so she isn't completely useless lol

Driftwood tavern, there's a dwarf trader/bouncer that sells you scoundrel skillbooks.

Xeteh

Man, I gotta spec out of Glass Cannon. My Ranger is constantly infected by something. What is the point of 6AP if it can't even be used.

Stiler

Can someone tell me regarding the magisters in act 1:

I am about to fight the Magister's to help Paladin Cork, however I assume this will then make them all openly hostile to me from here on out.

Am I going to miss out on any quests by doing this or anything?

Stiler

How are people finding the Origin characters so far? Any favourites, ones you dislike, particular quests etc.?

Lohse is my favorite, she has some of the best witty lines.

Fane is who I'm playing as and seems great from that side of playing as him.

Red Prince is a bit too overly melodramatic for me and pompus in a stereotypical "I'm rich and those who aren't are beneath me."

Sebille is a bit too stab happy for me since I'm trying to play as a morally decent person.

Beats seems to be cool so far.

Ifan seems to fit the morally grey area well, especially compared to Sebille.

How are people finding the Origin characters so far? Any favourites, ones you dislike, particular quests etc.?

I'm using Fane, Sebille, and Lohse along with my custom character. They all seem pretty great so far. I was originally planning on using the Red Prince but his personality didn't mesh with the rest of my party so I switched him out for Lohse instead.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Man, I gotta spec out of Glass Cannon. My Ranger is constantly infected by something. What is the point of 6AP if it can't even be used.

Yea they went a bit overboard with the Glass Cannon nerf. I mean yea it was incredibly broken in the first game, but it's pretty awful in this.

My coop partner took it on both his mages and it's turned him into a liability.

Damn, plan "Block LoS with boxes and barrels and shit" is a failure, can't rob this guy.

LMAO. I tried exactly this plan last night. I couldn't find the NPC who actually has the vision.

Is it the guy who's lying down below the tree?

Did you try smoke grenades?

Well, damn. Will try later.

Red Prince is still my favorite, with Beast in the second. Sebille is fun but quite predictable.

Adnor

Banned

Twinsen343

As others said but also I've had this bug. Only thing that fixed it was a reload from an earlier save. It was like the character was locked in place.

I had this, but the character has been un-chained, on the controller at least examine the character with X then select Chain, this happened to me and I thought it was a bug too.

Oscar

So is this up my alley if I enjoyed the XCOM 1 (remake) combat mechanics but thought the story was forgettable and thus stopped playing it?

Top Bottom