• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJMAX Respect |OT| Press DJ For MAX Respect

MattAces

tIPktvo.png

zFWlgvb.jpg

giphy.gif

1BtjVnp.png

OvWwacL.png

4spwJmi.png

DJMax_Respect_cover.png

Genre : Rhythm Action Game
Platform : PlayStation 4
Developer : Rocky Studio in co-operation with DJMAX Sound Lab Team
Publisher : Neowiz Games
Price : HK$498, RM209, $50

Release Date : Asia & Korea 28 July 2017, Japan 9 Nov 2017.
There are also plans to release the game in North America and Europe.

VOFHkbm.png

giphy.gif

Featuring 146 songs at launch, 106 songs from Portable 1 + Portable 2 and 40 new RESPECT songs!

giphy.gif

Featured Artist includes Bexter, ND Lee, zts, Paul Bazooka, Supbaby, Nauts, makou, NieN and more!
Composer Lineup Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4gvcoHdKvM&t=65s
New Songs List : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DJMax_Respect#Respect_New_Release

h3_listen.png

vowWexB.png

wHJGg5T.png

Arcade : Standard Single Player

UXzmoJ1.png

Free Style : Standard Free Style playable mode and introducing two players local battle mode for the first time in series

PA6kQ30.png

Mission : Require players to clear a song or set of songs with certain conditions.

cBGkdBn.png

Online : Play online with players from around the world.

sHi9dn3.png

Ranking : Compete your play score with players from around the world

BqnLGyK.png

Collection : Massive collecting elements in collection mode, featuring unlocking guides, gallery and play time.

giphy.gif

Remastered M/V with high resolution

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

mniosoC.png

Q : Gaf Community?
A : PS4 Community name - DJMAX Respect Global Community, created by DJ_Tomato
Discord - http://discord.gg/vxxcPdn
Q : Digital early purchase bonus?
A : Free dynamic theme with sound effect but no music.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFjC4HuUAAAa-dN.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFjC5eTUAAAhA4m.jpg
Q : Available in NA/EU?
A : Not for now, nothing has been confirmed for a release.
Q : Japan though?
A: Available this fall.
Q : Switch? PC?
A : Only announced for PS4, no information beyond that.
Q : I'm from NA/EU, can I play this?
A : Yes! Get South East Asia or Hong Kong credits, register a new PSN and activate it as Primary, then you can play it from your main account and earn trophies there.
Q : I'm new to this series, can I start with this?
A : Yes! This is a reboot/compilation game that will deliver every previous entry in one package (with DLC). But this is an extremely challenging game.
Q : DLC release date?
A : We don't know :(
Q : English version?
A : Yes! English version!

FAQ Section will be updated when people start asking them.

pNfLIJV.png

All songs from past DJMAX will be released as downloadable content.

• DJMAX Clazziquai Edition
  • DJMAX Portable Black Square
  • DJMAX Technika
  • DJMAX Technika 2
  • DJMAX Technika 3
  • DJMAX Portable 3
  • DJMAX Technika Tune
  • DJMAX Ray
  • DJMAX Technika Q
Themes available only for digital early purchase :
DFjC5eTUAAAhA4m.jpg

DFjC4HuUAAAa-dN.jpg

First DLC announced:
DIsxXNu.png

lpHUxML.png

VPk9TIE.png

m3O8p4T.png

sWnsXsK.png

Every great DJMAX fans from the announce thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1216579&page=12

StarCreator - LambdaTeos - cj_iwakura - Roubjon - Glas - Community Forum - Skittles - Hispanicguy - Everybody who I've missed - Everybody who participated this thread

Now let's wait for the shipment to pay our Respect!
Public Spreadsheet to share unlocks :
http://bit.ly/DJMAXRESPECTUNLOCKS

Skittles

Great OP! 56k combo warning for some people though

This game is going to rob me blind with dlc and im ready for it

Roubjon

If anyone is on the fence deciding whether or not they should buy this, buy it. It's amazing. This is above and beyond my expectations.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I love how they chose that clip from Seeker as one of the videos to show off the remastered MVs. It looks no different.

chefbags

Yo clazziquai is one of my favorite bands! Thank God it's coming as dlc.

Will buy this forsure. Anyone know if there is English subtitles in the Asia/Korea version?

I really on the fence about going digital for this so I can just have it, or if I should buy from play-asia and play the waiting game. Either way, I'm super sold after watching some streaming.

This game has the slickest presentation of any music game out there, hands down.

I really on the fence about going digital for this so I can just have it, or if I should buy from play-asia and play the waiting game. Either way, I'm super sold after watching some streaming.

This game has the slickest presentation of any music game out there, hands down.

In my case,buying it physical with express shipping was the same price as buying a psn card (I live in Mexico)

I decided to go physical, I won't buy psn cards until it's 100% sure the game won't come to NA

140+ songs are enough for me to wait until an official announcement tbh

And the box is pretty

MattAces

Alright, did some quick updates on some section, boxart added and new FAQ.
Will continue to monitor question being asked around here.

Umbooki

Nice OT, but I didn't realize the JPN limited edition was months away. End me, fam.

Quick question: Do the note charts require the player to rotate the sticks (PSP DJ MAX) or use touch controls (Superbeat Xonic)? I wanna play it with a fightstick for an arcadey feel.

Nice OT, but I didn't realize the JPN limited edition was months away. End me, fam.

Quick question: Do the note charts require the player to rotate the sticks (PSP DJ MAX) or use touch controls (Superbeat Xonic)? I wanna play it with a fightstick for an arcadey feel.

I was watching a livestream and saw there are indeed charts that require analog stick rotations.

Given this is essentially a port of the PSP titles, it's a given all charts are designed with the PlayStation controller in mind.

I'm in the same boat. I've already decided I'm buying every piece of DLC.

Awesome OT! 100% English if you buy it from the HK store.

Been playing Mission Mode. Finished the first 2 clubs. Loving it because it brings me back to DDR and Oni mode...where they throw mods at you. Always been a fan of mods. Get ready for missions like this:

BetterPhysicalEuropeanfiresalamander-size_restricted.gif

Also, That Chaos mod is no joke. One of them starts the notes on 1x and speeds up as you keep combo. Eventually it'll just be too fast to read so when you miss, it'll go back to 1x and start the process over. That's also in a mission.

I can't praise this game enough. Worth every penny. Everyone waiting for a physical copy, God bless you and your patience. Nothing wrong with double dipping to play early though ;) lol

I just received shipping confirmation from Play-Asia.

And here I was thinking that pre-ordering on 12th July was too late.

MY BODY IS READY!

N E R O

Preordered my copy from Play Asia. I will wait for like a month for it to arrive here in Canada.

I should probably prepare and purchase a new controller for the sake of this game !

Roubjon

Preordered my copy from Play Asia. I will wait for like a month for it to arrive here in Canada.

I should probably prepare and purchase a new controller for the sake of this game !

Yeah my Dualshock is fucked. I feel bad knowing it's future.

MattAces

It's funny that we are waiting for our physical copy.
It's even funnier that I'm from South East Asia, and I have to wait for my shipment too :(
Hopefully arriving in about 12 hours.

Also add me just in case you are looking for a challenge: iMattAces
Or someone who can give you free wins

Roubjon

What's there to feel bad about? After all we all know that every note will be worth it.

So much respect will have been paid.

Also, has anyone's names shown up in the Leaderboards for those who have it? Mine did for Arcade mode, but didn't for my score in each individual song in FreeStyle.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So if I set my HK account as primary, do I lose my US PS+ benefits? When I went to deactivate it, it told me that would happen.

MattAces

So if I set my HK account as primary, do I lose my US PS+ benefits? When I went to deactivate it, it told me that would happen.

Nope. Actually you are setting the PS4 console as the account's Primary console.
Each account can have one primary console only. But each console can have whatever the limit of creating new users on PS4.
You are assigning your PS4 to the account, NOT assigning your account as the "primary" in PS4.

wapplew

From keyboard to controller, missing portable version fuck me up.
I need to train again from ground up.

Absolutely nothing happens to any other account when you set your PS4 as an account's primary.

That's an important distinction everyone gets confused about. You're not setting an account as the PS4's primary, you're setting your PS4 to be the primary for the account. As I've said elsewhere, it is purely a flag that tells PSN that your PS4 is trusted for offline access to all of that PSN account's content. You can, and should, set every account as primary if you have only one PS4.

This also means that it is wholly unnecessary, and counter to any benefit, to deactivate one account's primary status in favor of another. They can coexist just fine.

So much respect will have been paid.

Also, has anyone's names shown up in the Leaderboards for those who have it? Mine did for Arcade mode, but didn't for my score in each individual song in FreeStyle.

I just searched for my name and it's there for each of the modes.

Roubjon

I felt nostalgia when I cleared Arcade Mode for the first time and it played the remix of "Everybody want DJMAX time".

Do you NEED to set it up as primary? I have a US account as my main. I created a HK account, downloaded the game and while it was downloading, just switched over to my US one and I was good to go. I didn't have to mess with any of that. Just curious.

If you were able to do that, then your HK account is already configured to treat your PS4 as primary.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Absolutely nothing happens to any other account when you set your PS4 as an account's primary.

That's an important distinction everyone gets confused about. You're not setting an account as the PS4's primary, you're setting your PS4 to be the primary for the account. As I've said elsewhere, it is purely a flag that tells PSN that your PS4 is trusted for offline access to all of that PSN account's content. You can, and should, set every account as primary if you have only one PS4.

This also means that it is wholly unnecessary, and counter to any benefit, to deactivate one account's primary status in favor of another. They can coexist just fine.

Hmm...How do I do this? The only option I found earlier was to deactivate something and not set as primary. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places?

Hmm...How do I do this? The only option I found earlier was to deactivate something and not set as primary. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places?

IIRC, it's in System > PlayStation Network settings. But when I recovered my Singaporean PSN account this morning, my PS4 was set as primary automatically without my intervention.

I assume it's not present, but for the sake of confirming, is auto correct in the game? I'm not a huge DJMAX guy but my understanding is it's not necessarily a regular feature. Really wasn't a fan of it in Fever, felt like it hurt my ability to adjust to the controls rather than help ease me in.

I assume it's not present, but for the sake of confirming, is auto correct in the game? I'm not a huge DJMAX guy but my understanding is it's not necessarily a regular feature. Really wasn't a fan of it in Fever, felt like it hurt my ability to adjust to the controls rather than help ease me in.

Good point. Can someone shed light on this? DJMP1 controls felt much more tighter and precise because of that.

Roubjon

Fucking auto-correct. No, that's not in this one.

One thing I like is, let's say you have to pause the game in the middle of a session. When you unpause it, it'll rewind the notes a little so you have those precious seconds to regroup.

Great OP! 56k combo warning for some people though

Random question. Years ago I watched a Stepmania Online video of about 4 people playing against each other. At the end, the guy in the video fucked up and he ended up losing a place to a guy called Skittles in the scoring, to which he yelled "Skittles, you fuck!"

No idea why that stuck with me. I only saw the video once and it was probably 6+ years ago. Was that you?

Skittles

Random question. Years ago I watched a Stepmania Online video of about 4 people playing against each other. At the end, the guy in the video fucked up and he ended up losing a place to a guy called Skittles in the scoring, to which he yelled "Skittles, you fuck!"

No idea why that stuck with me. I only saw the video once and it was probably 6+ years ago. Was that you?
Haha oh wow. If the video was by a british/european man called "overthegun". Then yes that was me

Roubjon

That's hilarious.

Top Bottom