• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DK3713 - Square Enix Private Show 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeeDog

So should we expect new footage from the PS3 games? I don't know what this "private party" implies (no videos from the event or what?).

duckroll

Mets39 said:
Perhaps FF XIII will make it before DQ9 :lol seriously, why DQ isn't out already ? What are they waiting ?

Who said they're waiting? The DS is pretty advanced hardware, development takes a long time. It's not easy and simple like the PS3.

Tenbatsu

Mets39 said:
Perhaps FF XIII will make it before DQ9 :lol seriously, why DQ isn't out already ? What are they waiting ?
Because the DS market is not saturated enough to meet their sales expection?

Acosta

Agito is alive, that means Parasite Eve canned or a project we didn't know about (I am inclined for the second).

It's really weird not seeing DQ 9, I guess that backpedalling from the original design is being costly. We may see FF XIII before DQ, maybe (I really doubt it, but...). DQs are gigantic projects after all.

Mets39

i'd almost forgot that Square usually wait the system DQ is on is almost died to release it (even though, DQ VIII is an exception)

duckroll

Acosta said:
Agito is alive, that means Parasite Eve canned or a project we didn't know about (I am inclined for the second).

The 3rd Birthday is not only a highlight of the show, but also the 3 in the title of the event. So no, it's not canned either.

Durante

Aeana said:
I wonder what those people who seriously thought Enix was "ruining Square" have to say now.
I'm happy that this seems not to be the case.

I hope we'll get some new FF13 information out of this, and I'm also looking forward to seeing more Sigma Harmonics.

Mechar

Neo Member
Considering Dragon Quest XI and it´s pressence at this show, I think that Square deffinitely will show something of. I see this event as a warm up before Tokyo Game Show, and that´s where they will have a playable build for the public. And Dragon Quest IX being caned is absolutely ridicilous in my opinion. Square Enix aren´t capable of canceling such a huge project that will when it´s relased, cash in money like nothing else. No doubt it will make more than Fina Fantasy XIII in Japan.

Aeana

Mechar said:
Considering Dragon Quest XI and it´s pressence at this show, I think that Square deffinitely will show something of. I see this event as a warm up before Tokyo Game Show, and that´s where they will have a playable build for the public. And Dragon Quest IX being caned is absolutely ridicilous in my opinion. Square Enix aren´t capable of canceling such a huge project that will when it´s relased, cash in money like nothing else. No doubt it will make more than Fina Fantasy XIII in Japan.

Uhhh... what? DQ9 isn't going to be at this show. And as of the show, it will not have been shown in a whole year.

FabCam

I'm saying it. FFXIII will be out by Xmas next year in Japan. Wouldn't be surprised if KH3 went to Wii either.

Mechar

Neo Member
Aeana said:
Uhhh... what? DQ9 isn't going to be at this show. And as of the show, it will not have been shown in a whole year.
Has Square gone out and said that officially? Do you have a source? If that´s the case, that´s a huge bummer.

soul

FabCam said:
I'm saying it. FFXIII will be out by Xmas next year in Japan. Wouldn't be surprised if KH3 went to Wii either.

I think it's reasonable enough to believe, although I'd wait a bit before speculating and get dissapointed. There's no doubt that the release date will show up at one of the three upcoming events (E3, TGS, DK347234)

Red Scarlet

Aeana said:

Don't worry, Mechar was talking about DQ11 being at the show anyway.

duckroll

soul said:
I think it's reasonable enough to believe, although I'd wait a bit before speculating and get dissapointed. There's no doubt that the release date will show up at one of the three upcoming events (E3, TGS, DK347234)

Really? I think there's tons of doubt. If FFXIII isn't coming out this year, there's no reason why a release date would be announced at E3, TGS or DK58639.

soul

duckroll said:
Really? I think there's tons of doubt. If FFXIII isn't coming out this year, there's no reason why a release date would be announced at E3, TGS or DK58639.

Well it seems likely that they atleast mention the YEAR the game will be released, just like Star Ocean TLH. That'll be encouraging.

duckroll

soul said:
Well it seems likely that they atleast mention the YEAR the game will be released, just like Star Ocean TLH. That'll be encouraging.

Oh yeah, I think they'll have a year. But with Square Enix, that doesn't mean much. :lol

Jijidasu

Just reading the actual site, looks like there will be other unannounced products being shown there also, along with demos. This is the focus it seems (obviously). Sucks about it being rather hard to get into, time to bother the contacts!

Barakov

Gold Member
Another "private, not showing of games people want to see" event of S-E? Color me unsurprised. So S-E has not so magically transformed DQIX into the first high profile Japanese developed handheld vaporware? This gen is full of illogical surprises and bat shit insanity.

duckroll

Autumn Thread said:
Just reading the actual site, looks like there will be other unannounced products being shown there also, along with demos. This is the focus it seems (obviously). Sucks about it being rather hard to get into, time to bother the contacts!

They just said it's a special event to showcase new trailers and playable demos before TGS, so it's an invitation only event that you have to sign up for. There's nothing about unannounced projects, although it doesn't rule it out either.

Dissidia and KH DS were already playable at the last Jump Festa event, so demos are not surprising at all.

Jijidasu

duckroll said:
They just said it's a special event to showcase new trailers and playable demos before TGS, so it's an invitation only event that you have to sign up for. There's nothing about unannounced projects, although it doesn't rule it out either.

Dissidia and KH DS were already playable at the last Jump Festa event, so demos are not surprising at all.

新作映像発表 - My Japanese isn't perfect so I may be reading this incorrectly but 'shinsaku eizou happyou' - new production accouncement.

duckroll

Autumn Thread said:
新作映像発表 - My Japanese isn't perfect so I may be reading this incorrectly but 'shinsaku eizou happyou' - new production accouncement.

That says "Showcasing of brand new trailers". :p

映像 is not production, it's literally "image" in reference to something shown on a screen.

Jijidasu

duckroll said:
That says "Showcasing of brand new trailers". :p

映像 is not production, it's literally "image" in reference to something shown on a screen.

Aah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

Jonnyram

It says the titles on display are listed below. It doesn't seem to leave any possibility of something unannounced turning up.

duckroll

Jonnyram said:
It says the titles on display are listed below. It doesn't seem to leave any possibility of something unannounced turning up.

Yeah, definitely not, but it doesn't say anything to indicate that they'll be announcing anything either. If there are surprises, it'll probably be in the form of trailers, like in the previous S-E Parties.

Zoe

Finally, something about Dissidia.

So The 3rd Birthday is the PE game? Kinda sticks out.

Narcosis

Another private showing by Square eh?

Awesome, can't wait.
Maybe this time we'll get several more crappy pencil sketches of what some journalist saw in a closed theater trailer because no media is allowed to be viewed by the public, and maybe we'll get even more reports from people who attended that they can't talk about what they saw because of NDAs.

Negaiido said:
shut up?
Can we stop being negative and look on the bright side?

What bright side? The chances of FFXIII coming out this year is slim at best, and they've no business hyping up a game so far away from release.

Negaiido said:
Can we stop being negative and look on the bright side?

I'm not being negative at all, just don't want to see people succumb to hype (and subsequently be disappointed). Like the last private (non-)event.

Negaiido

Opus Angelorum said:
I'm not being negative at all, just don't want to see people succumb to hype (and subsequently be disappointed). Like the last private (non-)event.

Which event do you mean? Sony's playstation day?
We all know Sony can be quite disappointing but we're talking about S-E here, and after the MS rpg event with S-E which was pretty successfull.
Why should this event be different?

Narcosis

Negaiido said:
Which event do you mean? Sony's playstation day?
We all know Sony can be quite disappointing but we're talking about S-E here, and after the MS rpg event with S-E which was pretty successfull.
Why should this event be different?

These shows by Square tend to be comprised of the public getting info on only a few select things, mainly alot of handheld games.
As for their major home console releases, like FFXIII, people get all hyped and then the event occurs, all trailers are shown in closed rooms theaters where no electronic devices are allowed to be taken in, all the attendees are pretty much not allowed to talk about what they saw, and maybe 7 months later we finally getthe footage of that trailer only to see it was 20 seconds of something tacked on to the original FFXIII trailer we saw a few years ago at E3.

batbeg

Opus Angelorum said:
The prior Square Enix private event, it was held after E3 last year? (someone help me out here).

Last Square-Enix event was laster years Garden Party (before E3, I think, it was in May maybe?). Honestly I don't remember shit from it but that we got a Crystal Bearers trailer... about a week after it ended :lol

But yes, they have public showings like at Jump Festa, don't they? It's just "public" to those who can see it, the media isn't released online or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom