• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DK3713 - Square Enix Private Show 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negaiido

Narcosis said:
These shows by Square tend to be comprised of the public getting info on only a few select things, mainly alot of handheld games.
As for their major home console releases, like FFXIII, people get all hyped and then the event occurs, all trailers are shown in closed rooms theaters where no electronic devices are allowed to be taken in, all the attendees are pretty much not allowed to talk about what they saw, and maybe 7 months later we finally getthe footage of that trailer only to see it was 20 seconds of something tacked on to the original FFXIII trailer we saw a few years ago at E3.

True I guess but these days I'm being positive on everything and I like being positive on S-E events.
We're a year ahead so a year of progress and more content :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
* ・FINAL FANTASY XIII (PLAYSTATION® 3)
* ・FINAL FANTASY Agito XIII (Mobile)
* ・FINAL FANTASY Versus XIII (PLAYSTATION® 3)
* FINAL FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN COMPLETE (Blu-ray)

Oh yeaaaah!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
They aren't even going to show TLR? Looks like it's just a Nomura-Kitase show.

stay gold

Opus Angelorum said:
Correct however as someone already mentioned, Square Enix have titles releasing this year that they should and probably will focus on.

What? It says clearly on the Square Enix website that FFXIII will be there.

farnham

Banned
FFCC chrystal bearers or bust..

seriously.. after playing my life as a king and ring of fates thats my No.1 anticipated Square game right now

Kazenone

batbeg said:
Last Square-Enix event was laster years Garden Party (before E3, I think, it was in May maybe?). Honestly I don't remember shit from it but that we got a Crystal Bearers trailer... about a week after it ended :lol

The SE Party? That was awesome! FFIV remake, SO4 and the SO1/2 remakes were announced.

How could ye forget?

Durante

hteng said:
S-E fails again
Before the event even happened?
(Not that I disagree that it's the likely outcome, but until it's over there's at least some chance of interesting stuff bing shown)

duckroll

PuppetMaster said:
What do I have to do get in to that "private party"

Square Enix Members can just sign up for it at their website. The Member website is free to sign up for, and its a community site where you get to register your S-E games, claim gifts and special offers from points you get from buying games, etc. It's only for Japan though, and since the event is in Japan that doesn't seem to be a problem at all.

batbeg

Kazenone said:
The SE Party? That was awesome! FFIV remake, SO4 and the SO1/2 remakes were announced.

How could ye forget?

I don't know, really. I just did :D I guess it did have some cool stuff last year then!

jett said:
And by yay I mean fuck you squeenix.

:lol

There must be some reason as to why we've seen so little of FFXIII, aside from the fact that it's gonna be released god knows when. Though why did they show a trailer with "gameplay" segments back at E3 06 before PS3 even released and then went on a total media blackout with some crappy extended version of the trailer 2 years later.

duckroll

Hwang Seong-Gyeong said:
There must be some reason as to why we've seen so little of FFXIII, aside from the fact that it's gonna be released god knows when.

Maybe it's the same reason why we saw so little of Crisis Core. :p

Rpgmonkey

Has SE ever given an actual reason as to why almost every event or showing of something FNC-related is private?

Or is it pretty much "you can't see this (yet), kthnxbye"?

hteng

Banned
Durante said:
Before the event even happened?
(Not that I disagree that it's the likely outcome, but until it's over there's at least some chance of interesting stuff bing shown)

i'm not gonna expect too much, maybe i'll be surprise or something but over the years they've been pretty disappointing with their PS3 lineup

near

Gold Member
Rpgmonkey said:
Has SE ever given an actual reason as to why almost every event or showing of something FNC-related is private?

Perhaps its because they may make several changes, which could upset fans if they show too much too soon?

duckroll

Rpgmonkey said:

It depends on what you mean by "private" really. It's not like they're only showing it to press. They're showing it to fans who turn up at the events. It's their way of keeping the events special and exclusive so it means something if you go there and see it for yourself in the nice big cozy theatre they have set up. If the games are rather far off, why would they put the trailers online to people can nitpick and bitch about every frame for a year before the next trailer? Makes no sense.

The only backlash seems to come from childish people on forums that don't live in Japan and just whine over and over that S-E are retarded and stupid because they can't fly down to Japan to watch the trailers. Well, too bad, such is life.

Rpgmonkey

duckroll said:
It depends on what you mean by "private" really. It's not like they're only showing it to press. They're showing it to fans who turn up at the events. It's their way of keeping the events special and exclusive so it means something if you go there and see it for yourself in the nice big cozy theatre they have set up. If the games are rather far off, why would they put the trailers online to people can nitpick and bitch about every frame for a year before the next trailer? Makes no sense.

Makes sense. Probably better in the long run.

Kazenone

batbeg said:
I don't know, really. I just did :D I guess it did have some cool stuff last year then!

I thought it was pretty good last year, that's why I'm optimistic about this one. Unlike SE's schedule at last years E3 and Jump Festa, the line up seems to be based on new games. I wonder if they'll start using Square-Enix Holdings too!

duckroll

Kazenone said:
I thought it was pretty good last year, that's why I'm optimistic about this one. Unlike SE's schedule at last years E3 and Jump Festa, the line up seems to be based on new games. I wonder if they'll start using Square-Enix Holdings too!

There's usually very little from S-E at E3 and Jump Festa aside from release dates and playable demos. Most announcements are usually either made in magazines, at a special S-E only event, or at TGS.

Nolan.

duckroll said:
There's usually very little from S-E at E3 and Jump Festa aside from release dates and playable demos. Most announcements are usually either made in magazines, at a special S-E only event, or at TGS.

Which is why i'm hoping for great stuff from this event.

Kazenone

duckroll said:

I've come to realize that. I always thought they'd make their announcements at the 'big' events but they are drifting further and further away. It's like they make these private events for the hardcore, and give the mainstream scraps :(

duckroll

Kazenone said:
I've come to realize that. I always thought they'd make their announcements at the 'big' events but they are drifting further and further away. It's like they make these private events for the hardcore, and give the mainstream scraps :(

Mainstream? Hardcore? What? Jump Festa is an event for young kids in Japan to go and play game demos, trade cards, and get freebies from their favorite comics and cartoons. E3 is a media event in America. S-E is a Japanese company. TGS is not a "big" event now? Magazine exclusives with HUGE mainstream readership aren't big? S-E has rarely made major announcements at E3, even when it was just Squaresoft and Enix. :p

stay gold

When is TGS? Im pretty sure whatever they show at this 'private' event will be shown to the public there.

Nomura said in Famitsu when the last batch of screenshots came out that 2008 would be the year FFXIII would be shown properly, he even mentioned a demo, and while I think that is unlikely for 2008 I do think we will see a lot of new non CG media.

duckroll

replayy said:
When is TGS? Im pretty sure whatever they show at this 'private' event will be shown to the public there.

Nomura said in Famitsu when the last batch of screenshots came out that 2008 would be the year FFXIII would be shown properly, he even mentioned a demo, and while I think that is unlikely for 2008 I do think we will see a lot of new non CG media.

TGS is in September.

Kazenone

duckroll said:
Mainstream? Hardcore? What? Jump Festa is an event for young kids in Japan to go and play game demos, trade cards, and get freebies from their favorite comics and cartoons. E3 is a media event in America. S-E is a Japanese company. TGS is not a "big" event now? Magazine exclusives with HUGE mainstream readership aren't big? S-E has rarely made major announcements at E3, even when it was just Squaresoft and Enix. :p

I meant from a perspective of their private events catering to the people who actually care about what S-E do, rather than them being another face in the crowd at the other events where they aren't the centre of attention.

But you are completely right, I'm just bitter that I (a) can't go to these events (b) not read the exclusives in the magazines and (c) have to wait for SE to actually announce one of these parties, and if they don't, hope they give us something at the usual events.

near

Gold Member
Kyoufu said:
I hear FFXIII is going to be announced as a worldwide 2009 launch.

A worldwide launch for almost all upcoming Square Enix games are becoming an inevitable trend. Even if FFXIII will come out in 2009, I wouldn't expect much from them this year. Maybe a few tidbits on the game itself, a new trailer but no demo...

Kinan said:
All three were announced at E3 2006. May 8 to be precise.

Oh, I certainly remember it being at E3, but I didn't know they announced it there as well. Didn't they announce it and then show a trailer at a different event, or am I confusing this with something else? :p

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm honestly pretty curious about Dissidia. I think it's more morbid curiosity than anything.

tribal24

Banned
i still get the feeling that ff13 will come out this year-_- maybe december i dont know but i get the feeling its coming out lol. i should stop dreaming

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Looking forward on more info on these:

FINAL FANTASY XIII(PS3)
FINAL FANTASY Versus XIII(PS3)

FINAL FANTASY Agito XIII(Mobile)
KINGDOM HEARTS Coded(Mobile)
KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days(DS)
KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep(PSP)
DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY(PSP)
The 3rd Birthday(Mobile)
Sigma Harmonics(DS)
FINAL FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN COMPLETE(Movie/Blu-ray)

Hwang Seong-Gyeong said:
There must be some reason as to why we've seen so little of FFXIII, aside from the fact that it's gonna be released god knows when. Though why did they show a trailer with "gameplay" segments back at E3 06 before PS3 even released and then went on a total media blackout with some crappy extended version of the trailer 2 years later.

they dont wanna show the game too much and have people even more angry and waiting for the game to release like they did with FF12

Zilch

Banned
GoldandBlue said:
No Crystal Bearers? :( Please let is show up as a surprise or something.

As was mentioned earlier, this show seems to revolve around Kitase/Nomura projects exclusively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom