• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DLC's and expansions that are better than the base game?

13ruce

Banned
Lords of Shadow 2 : Revelations

True the gameplay and puzzles there should have been in the main game.

Altho Lord of Shadow 2 is not that bad imo. Really enjoyed it. But i bought it for only 14 bucks for 60 i would be furious aswell.

1 still is the best never played mirror of fates tho the demo did not appeal to me.

Wesker28

The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone.
1095.gif

orochi91

Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne is a much better game than Reign of Chaos.

Specifically, the Rexxar campaign is better than the rest of game and expansion, lol

It's basically a Diablo/Warcraft adventure scenario.

Loxley

The Watch Dogs DLC where you play as T-Bone was better than the base game, if for no other reason than because Ubi fixed a number of the issues with base game that made playing it a little less annoying.
Plus T-Bone was just a way more fun character than fucking Aiden.

Neff

The Last of Us' DLC is significantly better than the main game imo, so much so that doesn't just complete the package, it elevates it.

m051293

Blood & Wine > Hearts of Stone > Base Game

Hearts of Stone offers the best narrative of the three and character writing is top-notch.

Blood & Wine offers you a full game experience with a map that is better designed (a lot more intuitive traversal and far less bland empty space) and more densely packed than the base game, improves the RPG mechanics, has a superior soundtrack, offers a better balance between main story/side quests/contracts without the bloat/excess of the main game (also quests don't take themselves as seriously), and is an improvement ITO tech across the board (improved animations/idiosyncrasy system, better LOD and draw distance plus better environmental textures), and better art design.

BiggNife

Minerva's Den is unquestionably better than the main Bioshock 2 campaign. Absolutely no contest.

E: actually yeah, First Light too. I enjoyed playing through that but for whatever reason Second Son just never clicked with me.

Top Bottom