• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC DLC!!! (Play as Vergil)

lantus

Yeah no Capcom. The game looks good, but I'm not going to be there to support you when you just keep making bad decisions. Thanks for saving me the money though.

Not to beat this issue to death but remember that they initially hid the fact that the characters were on disc in the PS360 version of the game. Thankfully I found out in time to make an informed decision but a lot of people didn't.

True, I guess I overlooked that because I personally don't really mind about the on disc or not on disc issue. But yeah, I like information and full transparency, so if they are going to put DLC on disc, they might as well inform people that they are only selling them unlock keys instead of data

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
First time I've walked away from a DmC trailer thinking "looks cool"

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I'm sincerely hoping for the former. Though I'm convinced that a number of people will be pissed off about what it is not, instead of what IS there.

You've probably been asked this dozens of times by now, but why are you so invested in the public reception of this game? Sure, lots of people have made prejudgments, as gamers will do. Why do you care? You haven't even played it yet. Why are you so confident it will be good and worth months of defending?

Ok, I'll be making the demo thread later this week.

I'm ready to take my lumps, however this goes. But if Darksiders 2 is good enough for Dahbomb, then I think this game will be just fine.

hopefully.

Man, I never finished DS2. The slow pace and constant fear of progression blockers just killed that game for me. Shame too, it did have really good combat. I will be on this boat as well Zeke. I'll definitely eat my hat if it's as good as DS2 or better.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Man, you're trying so hard to call out old DMC games whenever you can get the chance. You seem so bitter towards the older games. 0_0

Well to be fair I think the DLC complaints are a little weird considering you had to buy a whole new copy of the game for DMC3SE back in the day

Is this a pre-order incentive or just DLC down the line. I haven't seen the trailer yet, but I think ill still wait for the PC version.

Dahbomb

Ok, I'll be making the demo thread later this week.

I'm ready to take my lumps, however this goes. But if Darksiders 2 is good enough for Dahbomb, then I think this game will be just fine.

hopefully.
The combat was good enough for a non-DMC game and even then the focus of the game was not on the combat.

DmC has different standards to hold up to. Plus DS2 despite its faults was a vastly more open, bigger game than DmC. Apples and oranges.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Is this a pre-order incentive or just DLC down the line. I haven't seen the trailer yet, but I think ill still wait for the PC version.

Seems like the same as most preorder DLC

get it for free when it ships later on

Much MUCH better incentive than weapon skins.

Zephyrus

Banned
I have to say that this game looks fun but Capcom are by far the dumbest developers in the gaming business.

Are they really that oblivious to the hate this game is receiving that they don't even try to do a good will gesture?

I'm 100% sure that if they came out and said "We're offering this Vergil dlc on day 1 for FREE", many of DmC's haters would stop for a bit and think about giving this game a chance.

But no. It's wiser to shoot themselves in the foot again. I'm surprised how Capcom isn't in THQ's shoes right now.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I remember when he was an unlockable.

Yeah, but some people had to buy Devil May Cry 3 a second time (special edition) if they bought it the first time.

Not that it excuses this shit.

Levels do look cool though.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
A $20/30 copy that included the entire game, and something physical.

Right, but for people who bought the original at full price that's still an extra 20 dollars all the same. (10-12 I guess if you sold your old copy towards it)

It was a good deal for people who didn't buy the original, but I think the game + DLC will be as well in a couple months for people who wait as well

Right, but for people who bought the original at full price that's still an extra 20 dollars all the same. (10-12 I guess if you sold your old copy towards it)

It was a good deal for people who didn't buy the original, but I think the game + DLC will be as well in a couple months for people who wait as well

Again, it wasn't an extra 20/30 because you could trade in your old copy, or (like I did) sell it to a friend and essentially get it for free.

As for the bomba, well, Enslaved, lol.

I am telling you guys... PC version.

Yeah, I know, but I can't wait. I need it for reasons.
Actual reasons, though.

Gbraga

I just hope people are willing to actually discuss the demo and the combat, no matter what their opinion on it is.

I don't need to know that it's the "OMG BEST GAME EVAARRR" or "WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT, FUCK OFF TAMEEM WHY YOU PUT YOURSELF IN THE GAME LOLOLOL", instead I'd like to discuss the combat and its potencial, the performance on the PS3 is also a topic of concern to me and I'd love to have that covered if someone gets to play before I do.

Like this guy on the RE6 OT (his name slipped my mind, he's a RE5 vet), he absolutely hates RE6's mercs and stated multiple times that it's garbage compared to RE5's, but he stills talks about the game and its mechanics, helps out people with their doubts and posts footage of him playing RE6. I'm completely ok with this kind of "hater" (don't even think he should receive that label), he's a lot more productive to the thread than most "lovers" that only say OMG GAME'S SO GOOD. JUST PLAYED ANOTHER CHAPTER, SO GOOD.

Also, Dahbomb needs to make that OT :(

Looked really slow in that trailer... consequences of 30fps?

Have you played DMC4 without turbo mode recently? Legit question because I played it just a few days ago (got a new PC and forgot to backup my save, and then forgot to set turbo on in the game), and boy is it slow... Now I actually think that DmC is faster than DMC4 without turbo.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah if impressions are good Steam Sale game and DLC much later down the road are how I'll play it

Again, it wasn't an extra 20/30 because you could trade in your old copy, or (like I did) sell it to a friend and essentially get it for free.

As for the bomba, well, Enslaved, lol.

Yeah I edited my post to reflect that

Also you're a good friend....

To be fair, you have no knowledge of how much you are getting with this DLC, so I don't understand how you could make that assessment so strongly.

Call it an educated guess? Do you honestly think this Vergil section is going to have as much content as was added in the DMC3 SE? New character, obviously that's on par, obviously, but then there's turbo mode, bloody palace and a totally reworked difficulty and continue system. You're right though, I don't know for certain.

Yeah I edited my post to reflect that

Also you're a good friend....

I try to be the Best I can, thank you.

Gbraga

I'll gladly wait for it if the PS3 version sucks, otherwise I don't think I'll be able to wait. If only they announced a date I'd be able to tell if I can hold on that long, but I'm not willing to take the risk.

DSix

Banned
They didn't butcher Vergil as much as Dante, ergo they use him as a pre-order insentive and has paid DLC...

Cacpcom, always on top of things I see.

I'm going to try and give it a fair shake and hope to be proven wrong.

..eeehh

Lending it to at least one friend, and then using footage of it to convince at LEAST one person not to buy it. Possibly much much more.

My purchase will be subsidized by knowing that I'll be able to prevent at least 2 other purchases with my own. Hopefully more.

That has to be the most fairest shaking I've ever seen. :)

..eeehh

That has to be the most fairest shaking I've ever seen. :)

Keep readin the posts after that where I pray that I will be proven wrong and would be the happiest person in the world to look like a dumb fool.

EDIT: Is it so hard to believe that if I end up not liking the game I will do everything in my power to hate on it, but if I end up liking it, I'll sing a different tune? Just because my reactions are extreme in both directions doesn't mean I can't be impartial to a demo or even a full retail product.

ezekial45

Banned
You've probably been asked this dozens of times by now, but why are you so invested in the public reception of this game? Sure, lots of people have made prejudgments, as gamers will do. Why do you care? You haven't even played it yet. Why are you so confident it will be good and worth months of defending?

It just happened that way, I guess. I don't know why, but I really like what I see. I'm in the minority of DMC fans that was getting tired of the series and just another sequel with tweaked combat and new toys to play with didn't sound as enticing as it once was. To me. And after playing Bayonetta, and I became more certain that a new DMC game needed to try something different. The series was very much stuck in its ways, and another sequel like DMC4 with just more weapons and content would've been a short term solution to a very long term problem, that Capcom thankfully recognized. I was skeptical about this game at first, but I see where they're coming from and where they want to take this and I'm interested. I'm usually on the skeptics side, but this is one rare periods where I'm actually against people. I'm getting a lot of shit for liking this game, and I'm not doing this for laughs or to troll. I sincerely like this game.

I just want fairness, really. I think this game is a lot better, and more DMC, than a lot of fans want to give it credit for, and now we're getting our shot at our own leisure and time. It's like having a game, TV series, or movie that you really like, and you want others to see how good it is and how good it can be, but there's this sizable group of people who denigrate and belittle the game because of what it's not, and how it's not like something they're more comfortable with. Which I think is very unfair. So I guess that's why I'm so passionate about this, if that's what you want to call it. I like it, and I think most of the criticism is coming from a place that's not necessarily fair.

I will admit that they botched the debut and the interviews after, which made things even worse for them. If they had more to show and were a bit more open to the fact that this series had a dedicated fanbase, then they would've been better for them. But I'm concerned that too much damage might have been done. I do think the 1.5-2 million sales they have estimated is possible, but I've got doubts. At this point, I'm pretty sure Capcom will be going back to DMC5 even if this game sells well enough, just on the basis of easing fan tension and regaining their core audience, and Ninja Theory already is working on their next couple projects, so they've got work after game already lined up. We'll see, I guess.

And no, I'm not employed by Capcom or Ninja Theory.

Dahbomb

Man Goon booked the DmC OT back in May 2012!

I said GOD DAYUM! Oh well...

I am calling the DMC5 OT right fucking now.

Gbraga

CB0Q1.gif

KXvPO.gif

Man Goon booked the DmC OT back in May 2012!

I said GOD DAYUM! Oh well...

I am calling the DMC5 OT right fucking now.
Can't this be reversed? You're the hero we need right now!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Despite all the DLC hate, this will win over more people with the preorders.

Yes, I think that people will begrudingly switch their pre-orders to Gamestop in order to get the DLC when they shouldn't have to. People tend to tolerate a lot of things they hate when they feel they have no other choice.

I hope they keep his epic battle quotes.

No way, man. The DmC Vergil voice actor is fucking awful. He'd ruin it.

ezekial45

Banned
No way, man. The DmC Vergil voice actor is fucking awful. He'd ruin it.

You've only heard a few lines from him. There's clearly much more to him than we've heard or seen.

Friend, Ninja Gaiden 3 was a tragedy. I'm a lesser man due to having played it.

I'm sorry for your pain, but I did NOT have that same experience. Is it the worst modern NG game? Absolutely. Was it a very big mistake for TN to redesign the game to fit it more like Uncharted and other western action/adventure games? Yup. But was it an abomination completely devoid of any fun and enjoyment? No.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
You've only heard a few lines from him. There's clearly much more to him than we know.

Really? Could you be any more cryptic? There's nothing clear about your statement at all. If the directing is anything like DmC Dante's voice acting, then it's all downhill. Mundus seems pretty well voice acted, but Kat, Dante, and Vergil are all pretty bad.

Haha, I don't think he's that bad, just not as awesome.

They're really all very bad. Whoever said that they sound like a WB teen drama special was right on the money.

Dahbomb

Real talk, these are the type of environments I want in a hell based DMC game.

That stage with the giant pulsating heart looks gross and awesome as hell.

I would shit my pants if at the end of the DLC you get to fight Nelo Angelo or you acquire it. Poetry of full circle.

Top Bottom