• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC Review Thread (Release Date - 1/15/13) Embargo is over!

AppleMIX

It sure is.

2413880-giantbomb_super.jpg

What?

How dare you disagree with me and form an opinion on your own. So much for journalistic integrity.

I seriously cannot figure out the logic behind this comment. Either fake or someone who is really stupid.

It sure is.

2413880-giantbomb_super.jpg

Just because Brad really liked the game? I don't understand how this affects their journalistic integrity. Iis it because they chose a reviewer that hasn't kept up with the other entries in the series? Not that your canceling matters to me, just curious about that part.

nbthedude

Just because Brad really liked the game? I don't understand how this effects their journalistic integrity. Iis it because they chose a reviewer that hasn't kept up with the other entries in the series? Not that you canceling matters to me, just curious about that part.

You don't get it man. This shit has gone too far. At some point you have to stand up for your beliefs.

To quote Narnuke from Totekaya Super Girl Club Extreme Edition, "An Otaku's dreams are never crushed where reality shines on to exist for all."

DmC is a disgrace to Kamiya-san's artistic career. Donte is a tragic blight on his honor. But it is up to us, the true gamer, not to let the dumbed down Westernized dude bro-ification of this series crush our reality. It shines on for us all to exist in. We just have to allow it to shine like the tears down Narnuke's face on that fateful day. These game journalists (lol) will only realize our power if we demand they do so.

Odrion

Banned
You don't get it man. This shit has gone too far. At some point you have to stand up for your beliefs.

To quote Narnuke from Totekaya Super Girl Club Extreme Edition, "An Otaku's dreams are never crushed where reality shines on to exist for all."

DmC is a disgrace to Kamiya-san's artistic career. Donte is a tragic blight on his honor. But it is up to us, the true gamer, not to let the dumbed down Westernized dude bro-ification of this series crush our reality. It shines on for us all to exist in. We just have to allow it to shine like the tears down Narnuke's face on that fateful day. These game journalists (lol) will only realize our power if we demand they do so.
This is one of those meme quotes, right?

Dahbomb

Why are people posting NeoGAF gifs when the pic was taken from the comment sections of GB? Or is that supposed to be a GAF user?

Most people here are making fun of haters and all but come a couple of weeks from now that 5/5 review is going to look funny to many reasonable people as well when they have played the game.

Man I can't even tell what's serious or jokes anymore in this thread.

Why are people posting NeoGAF gifs when the pic was taken from the comment sections of GB? Or is that supposed to be a GAF user?

Most people here are making fun of haters and all but come a couple of weeks from now that 5/5 review is going to look funny to many reasonable people as well when they have played the game.

A 5 star review for an 8/9 game is never going to look funny to any reasonable person

Dahbomb

A 5 star review for an 8/9 game is never going to look funny to any reasonable person
It does to me. As do some of the choice quotes in that review.

Real talk though... to me there is no difference between Adam Sessler and this Brad guy. They are 2 sides of the same coin. Neither have really shown much interest in the DMC series to begin with.

Raxus

I am surprised so many people still give so much weight to reviews. I stopped paying attention to them over the past year and stuck to word of mouth. Seems more reliable. I am not expecting a great experience with my DmC run but Dahbomb at least convinced me to give it a shot...plus it helps I had 5 games waiting around to be traded in.

Speaking of trade ins Best Buy has 100% trade in credit going on this week!

ShogunX

Why on earth are people complain that the reboot is actually a good game? Did people want it to be shit so that they could beat their chest and tell everyone how right they were?

Expected better from Gaf but then every forum on the internet these days has a ridiculous amount of children populating the boards.

Be thankful that an awesome series has received a very good entry. Day one.

Radec

Why on earth are people complain that the reboot is actually a good game? Did people want it to be shit so that they could beat their chest and tell everyone how right they were?

Expected better from Gaf but then every forum on the internet these days has a ridiculous amount of children populating the boards.

Be thankful that an awesome series has received a very good entry. Day one.

Because from the very start they have been shitting the game because on how dante looks or its being made by NT. Then it turned out that the game is actually good and the media loves it. Pretty hilarious actually.

Because from the very start they have been shitting the game because on how dante looks or its being made by NT. Then it turned out that the game is actually good and the media loves it. Pretty hilarious actually.

I am sure most people who were not joking and being rational expected DmC to review well. its just that Devil May Cry was a game that was driven by its great game play. Its gonna be a hard pill to swallow for a fan of the series when the franchise was handed to a developer who's very weakness as a developer is the franchises strength. Thus the realization was that Devil May Cry as it once was is pretty much dead.

That is where the real backlash from fans comes from. Also Ninja Theory did its self no favors by letting members of their studio call out fans for no reason and crap on the original devil may cry franchise.

Aaron

Except the gameplay of the new DmC is good. There's a demo you can try yourself. If it has fault it feels too much like a game of the series, with that movement stiffness I've never liked. Ninja Gaiden Black is still the champ for me.

Dahbomb

Isn't the game out now? Someone said it's up on PSN. Plus it's midnight where I am at.

Thank god we can finally retire this thread once people play the game. I hate review threads. Yes yes I know I am the thread creator but I did it for the community and greater good. I wasn't even in favor of a review thread.

Top Bottom