• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DMC4 Media Blowout + Famitsu Scans + New Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
PolyGone said:
5718620070720_174613_18_big.jpg

heavenly-sword-20070516075657864.jpg

how is it possible that these two games are on the same system?

DMC4 is crossplatform, and also focusing mostly on gameplay rather than an epic presentation. I can't wait for either one but don't bitch about the graphics please.

danwarb

badcrumble said:
DMC4 is crossplatform, and also focusing mostly on gameplay rather than an epic presentation. I can't wait for either one but don't bitch about the graphics please.
Also, one of them runs at 60fps.

RyuHayate

PolyGone said:

If only DMC had the detailed skin of HS, and if only HS had the properly textured hair of DMC

I have yet to see footage of Heavenly Sword's gameplay that matches the speed and fluidity of DMC4, so that must tell you something about how little the details on the character models matter.

The DMC Defense Force has this place quarantined already, I see. :lol

Anyway, I'm supremely disappointed that this has slipped into next year. March is so crowded for me already.

It has come pretty far graphically from the first trailer. And do we have a confirmation on the release date? There were rumors that it could be delayed. Hoping not.

dai said:
man, those new characters look terrible.

5718620070720_123948_2_big.jpg

:lol

I think they look awesome. After I get more images of his hair-do, I'm going to try and get mine cut like it.

Edit: I will pay 100 Million Obama Dollars for the man who finds me A image of Lady in DMC4 or Trish in DMC4.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
wait, they're seriously sitting on the game until 08 just to do a simultaneous 360 release? that sucks. capcom and sony need to be talking about money hats and time exclusives. makes sense for all parties involved. especially me.

drohne said:
wait, they're seriously sitting on the game until 08 just to do a simultaneous 360 release? that sucks. capcom and sony need to be talking about money hats and time exclusives. makes sense for all parties involved. especially me.
Where did you get that from?

Elios83

drohne said:

Imo Sony will push Capcom to release it just in Japan on PS3 this December. FOr the western markets it's Q1 2008 :(

Elios83 said:
Imo Sony will push Capcom to release it just in Japan on PS3 this December. FOr the western markets it's Q1 2008 :(

The Japanese DMC4 will have English VA and menus, like every other DMC release prior to this, so nothing stopping you from importing if that actually happens. :D

drohne said:
he sources an ign interview that i'm too lazy to find

This is all I found, and it doesn't mention that the PS3 version was almost done and being held back to wait for the 360 one. However, one could infer that because 360 development started much later that that may be the case.

IGN interview with Kobayashi said:
On moving the PS3-targeted game to the Xbox 360, he said, "The game engine is shared, so compared to previous hardware, I believe it's easy. However, we've just started with the Xbox 360 version following the announcement, so there's still a ways to go."

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/793/793492p1.html

LuCkymoON

Banned
The Jason said:
Wow DMC4 is looking even better graphically, awesome. I can't wait .

PS3 is still the lead platform to our knowledge, so I wouldn't count on them being 360 screens.
nooooo. The PC is the lead platform.

Barakov

Dahbomb said:
This was revealed in an IGN interview of the Producer back in June (you can search the DMC4 section at IGN, it's there). 360 version is now in the works, PS3 version has been near complete for quite some time now. The game is slated for March 2008 release when it was originally supposed to come out in September 2007.

Hah, news to ****ing me. Like someone else mentioned: Sony needs to convince to Capcom to at least release it in 2007 in Japan.

Blackface

Banned
PolyGone said:

If only DMC had the detailed skin of HS, and if only HS had the properly textured hair of DMC

ya, skin texture matters a lot in closeups. However since I wont be in close up mode the entire gaming staring at the model I rather have 60fps.

Vyse The Legend said:
The Japanese DMC4 will have English VA and menus, like every other DMC release prior to this, so nothing stopping you from importing if that actually happens. :D

This is all I found, and it doesn't mention that the PS3 version was almost done and being held back to wait for the 360 one. However, one could infer that because 360 development started much later that that may be the case.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/793/793492p1.html

And this my friends is why you take most things said here with a grain of salt unless a link is provided. Thank you Vyse.

tha_con

Banned
I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but isn't it very likely these are the cutscene only models? And in game (though you probably won't see them this close anyway so it won't matter...) won't be the same?

It doesn't matter in the slightest, lol.

tha_con said:
I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but isn't it very likely these are the cutscene only models? And in game (though you probably won't see them this close anyway so it won't matter...) won't be the same?

I can't really tell from the gameplay screens, the camera is too far out to notice anything. What you stated seems to be the case for Heavenly Sword though, at least going by the gameplay screens.

Dahbomb

tha_con said:

Some in-game screens with the camera close up (note these are from the earliest DMC4 build from even before TGS 06):

lefthand01.jpg

clothe02.jpg

They have changed the yellow arm to a blue arm now and it is reflective in the cutscenes as well as in-game. Capcom has said that they use the same models for both in-game graphics and cutscenes.

Even then for most of the time in actual game play you can't tell the level of detail in the character models since the camera is too zoomed out. Here is what the game looks like most of the time when you play it (again, from pre-TGS build. Notice the now gone HUD system on the top left hand corner).

ss7.jpg

ss12.jpg

And no guys for the last time these images are NOT from the 360 version. :lol

But not like that it matters, the 360 version SHOULD look exactly like this anyway.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Why are people so ****ing desperate to call these "360 version captures."

Give it a ****ing rest already. Hasn't E3 proving that the PS3 is capable of so much more than people were willing to believe?

Play games. Not systems.

I can't wait for this game. Multiplatform or not. Although it would be a smart move for Sony to get this game released for holiday 07 in Japan to get some systems sold -- if the game is truly done.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I will buy this piece of interactive entertainment.

Too much other good stuff coming out this year, though, so good thing it's 2008.

reilo

Just watched some of the videos. I am loving the geometry and attention to detail in this.

Dahbomb

Ok I think I need to clarify what I meant to say before.

The PS3 version is MORE DONE than the 360 version. That means that the PS3 is much further along than the 360 version. I did not mean to say that the PS3 version is 100% done and ready to be shipped, but that the attention now is more towards the 360 version.

While there is no link I can give to 100% say for a fact that if DMC4 was PS3 exclusive, we would have the game by next month but judging from what the producer/directors have implied on various video interviews and stuff, they are much further along with that version of the game then most of us think.

That is ALL there is to it. Personally even IF this game was PS3 exclusive I would not want it to come Fall 07 and go against so many titans only to get lost in the fray. March 08 is a good enough release date for this title and it will compliment MGS4 very well. And the extra time is more than good enough for me if they need it to perfectly tweak all versions of the game. I do not WANT ANYONE to received a gimped DMC experience, it should be equal across all platforms. I still get nightmares from DMC3SE on PC...

Now can we please cut the multiplatform crap and enjoy the game for what it shows to us as GAMERS? Both 360 and PS3 fans should be glad this game looks and plays great all at 60FPS godliness.

reilo

Dahbomb said:
Ok I think I need to clarify what I meant to say before.

The PS3 version is MORE DONE than the 360 version. That means that the PS3 is much further along than the 360 version. I did not mean to say that the PS3 version is 100% done and ready to be shipped, but that the attention now is more towards the 360 version.

While there is no link I can give to 100% say for a fact that if DMC4 was PS3 exclusive, we would have the game by next month but judging from what the producer/directors have implied on various video interviews and stuff, they are much further along with that version of the game then most of us think.

That is ALL there is to it. Personally even IF this game was PS3 exclusive I would not want it to come Fall 07 and go against so many titans only to get lost in the fray. March 08 is a good enough release date for this title and it will compliment MGS4 very well. And the extra time is more than good enough for me if they need it to perfectly tweak all versions of the game. I do not WANT ANYONE to received a gimped DMC experience, it should be equal across all platforms. I still get nightmares from DMC3SE on PC...

Now can we please cut the multiplatform crap and enjoy the game for what it shows to us as GAMERS? Both 360 and PS3 fans should be glad this game looks and plays great all at 60FPS godliness.

I agree.

But.

thisisneogafdude.gif

raYne

reilo said:
Why are people so ****ing desperate to call these "360 version captures."
But how else will we know whether these pics look good or not? I think it looks great!

Or does it?

*checks image source*

..maybe.

man this is looking excellent!

....if its true about english VA and menus....will probably have to import this when it comes out in jPan

Yama

ShockingAlberto said:
Every day I pray for a demo on Live and every day I'm disappointed.

Come on! I know you have a demo done! Just let us download it!
I have been waiting since the day I got my PS3 in November. I'm actually considering going to Comic-Con to play the demo, mind you I live in NYC. :lol :lol :lol

The new images of the Dante vs Nero battle look amazing! If a delay makes the entire game look like this, then so be it.

G-Fex

Hmm don't like the looks of those new characters...hopefully they won't take away from gameplay, guess it's going to support the damn story.., boo.

Also, damn you 2Qr.

Scribble

After finishing Onimusha 2, it makes me wish that this was Onimusha 4 (the start of a new trilogy).

And wow, Dante and Nero are clearly very handsome.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
The game is nice but the old-gen gameplay, camera and animations really hold it back.

It wouldn't have been difficult to add some motion to the environments when Nero hits the ground with a powerful attack (without using actual physics). But everything is so static, including the camera. It clashes completely with the style of DMC.

Oh well, hopefully DMC5 will be the RE4 of the DMC series.

ParticleReality said:
I think they look awesome. After I get more images of his hair-do, I'm going to try and get mine cut like it.

Edit: I will pay 100 Million Obama Dollars for the man who finds me A image of Lady in DMC4 or Trish in DMC4.
It seriously reminds me of that "Davecat" dude in that realdoll thread *shudders*

Everything is looking really nice but the hair always ruins it for me :x

Someone needs to develop superb hair engine or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom