• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DMC4 Media Blowout + Famitsu Scans + New Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
karasu said:
heavenly Sword has that same move I believe. It's trying to be every bit as stylish. And come on let's not be fooled. The emotions aren't going to be that deep.

Heavenly Sword is going for a mature, story driven, motion inducing experience. When Dante did that move at the beginning of DMC3, it was just silly and fun, you won't see Nariko do stuff like that because she is enjoying it.

AgentOtaku said:
what style is that?

...the style is whatever the producers, directors, art design department, etc....want it to be (hence the current look of DMC4)

...like the Tom Cruise Dante they threw out?

dmc4con.jpg

C- Warrior said:
...like the Tom Cruise Dante they threw out?

dmc4con.jpg
God, when I first saw that I had so many expectations, and yet I was so so SO wrong. I guess, that guy we thought might be Vergil was actually Nero, huh?

pj

Banned
Dahbomb said:
What...? Kazuma Kaneko's designs were ****ing TERRIBLE in DMC3. Lady's character design was acceptable at best, I mean it really is just a school girl outfit tricked out with heavy arms.

Again, just to show how ****ing terrible Kazuma's designs were in DMC3.

Dante_DT_2.gif

Vergil_DT.jpg

I do however agree with Dante's design, Capcom completely fell off target on that one. Luckily DMC4 Dante seems to be the best one yet, both in appearance and in attitude.

Did I step into a shin megami tensei thread?

Mefisutoferesu said:
God, when I first saw that I had so many expectations, and yet I was so so SO wrong. I guess, that guy we thought might be Vergil was actually Nero, huh?
I like how the art in the lower left corner features what are obviously Trish and Lady (with longer hair, holding Kalina Ann).

Way to cocktease, guys.

AAK

Can any GAFer that knows Japanese translate something:

dmcpage.jpg

What does it say in the area that's covered with the red boxes.

Thanks in advance.

Petrarca

Banned
AAK said:

dmcpage.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Dante vs ALL :D

as usual Dante is a one-man show

AAK said:

dmcpage.jpg

Thanks in advance.
Dante: 悪魔狩人 - Akuma Karyuudo (Devil Hunter)
Nero: 魔剣教団 - Maken Kyoudan (~Holy Order of the Devil Sword)

Seems like Dante might meet up with Lady...

Wesker

Trish and Lady are in that old artwork, maybe the two girls will be in the left side with Dante... VS the Holy Order.

AAK

Mefisutoferesu said:
Dante: 悪魔狩人 - Akuma Karyuudo (Devil Hunter)
Nero: 魔剣教団 - Maken Kyoudan (~Holy Order of the Devil Sword)

Seems like Dante might meet up with Lady...

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
So.... is this like the reverse Raiden switch-up trick?

Are we all expecting to only play as Virgil, only for the game to give us control of Dante half way into the game, to tell his side of things?

because that would be really f--king cool

Crayon Shinchan said:
So.... is this like the reverse Raiden switch-up trick?

Are we all expecting to only play as Virgil, only for the game to give us control of Dante half way into the game, to tell his side of things?

because that would be really f--king cool
You probably start playing as Dante, have your first fight against the new douche bag and it switches.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
They should just make this a crazy fighting game.

1 bad ass dude VS 1 bad ass dude, fighting while destroying environments and blowing shit up, and then extremize it all when both transform into whatever crazy creature they can transform into.

And make it incremental action, where the fight starts out with regular attacks and it ends with crazy mega-explosions-batshit-insane city-devastating attacks.

Dahbomb

MickeyKnox said:
Totally needs QTE's for "cinematic" fights.....
That's the most retarded thing I have read on GAF on a DMC thread for quite some time.

And these new in-game images are the HAWTNESS!!!!

5718620070726_021014_17_big.jpg

5718620070726_021009_4_big.jpg

5718620070726_021007_0_big.jpg

5718620070726_021008_3_big.jpg

Dahbomb said:
That's the most retarded thing I have read on GAF on a DMC thread for quite some time.
Well then you're obviously not a real gamer and you don't want to see stale gameplay improved when moving to a new platform.

People like you are the ONLY reason that fighting games are ALL comletely unplayable stale garbage and a dead genre.

Dahbomb

MickeyKnox said:
Well then you're obviously not a real gamer and you don't want to see stale gameplay improved when moving to a new platform.
QTE isn't next-gen at all, it was innovative back in the Dreamcast days.

DMC4 does QTE-like actions in-game without having a huge "O" icon appearing infront of the enemy. Example:

nero.gif

Not much different from GOW/HS in this regard, the player is merely pressing "O" to initiate combat sequence.

I am all up for change, not changes that are non-innovative. QTE is non-innovative. Exceed system is highly innovative. It has the perfect balance of skill + reward and gives fresh combat options to the player. Time your attacks with an extra button = Reward of a more powered up attack with extra property. These are the innovations I am looking for and DMC4 is providing more and more whenever more information on it is released.

Oh wait nevermind, you were joking... :lol

Mickeyknox said:
Completely agree. If you want to give the user a cutscene give him a cutscene. If you want the player to control his character while doing something "cool" either figure out how to do it with your gameplay setup or don't do it at all.

**** QTE's and keep them the **** out of my skill based action games.

Dahbomb said:
QTE isn't next-gen at all, it was innovative back in the Dreamcast days.

DMC4 does QTE-like actions in-game without having a huge "O" icon appearing infront of the enemy. Example:

nero.gif

Not much different from GOW/HS in this regard, the player is merely pressing "O" to initiate combat sequence.

I am all up for change, not changes that are non-innovative. QTE is non-innovative. Exceed system is highly innovative. It has the perfect balance of skill + reward and gives fresh combat options to the player. Time your attacks with an extra button = Reward of a more powered up attack with extra property. These are the innovations I am looking for and DMC4 is providing more and more whenever more information on it is released.

Oh wait nevermind, you were joking... :lol
:lol :lol :lol

Just having fun.

Dahbomb

Check behind Nero, the floor is crumpled:

5718620070726_021009_6_big.jpg

There appears to be some hint of environment destructibility in this fight, the benches can also be destroyed/upturned.

Here it is again:

jimbo

Banned
Dahbomb said:
Check behind Nero, the floor is crumpled:

5718620070726_021009_6_big.jpg

There appears to be some hint of environment destructibility in this fight, the benches can also be destroyed/upturned.

Here it is again:

Wow this game's looking incredible. Capcom are still the king of next-gen third party games as far as I'm concerned, and after DR and LP, I have complete faith that Capcom will deliver with this game. I can honestly say I would kill for both sequels of their previous 360 titles: Dead Rising 2 with online co-op(instant gazillion seller) and Lost Planet 2(the only game with mechs I've ever enjoyed) also with online co-op.

Dahbomb

USD said:
lol at all the filthy Dante lovers. I hope Nero owns his ass.
Nero is pretty bad ass and stuff, but Dante has near god status in DMC4. You can just tell by his aura and his bad ass demeanor. He is not ****ing around in DMC4...

dmc4g.gif

Petrarca

Banned
Do we have a better scan? I can't make out the little images

Lady is FUCKING SEXY!!!! I want to tear that overtight shorts!!!!

Yoboman

I don't quite know how it'll be in gameplay, but the camera angles are FINALLY awesome

I'm feeling hyped for DMC4 at last

Dahbomb

I am way more shocked at Dante's new gauntlet weapon which people have translated it to "Gilgamesh". FUCKING AWESOME... Dante has all-new weapons just like Nero.

karasu

Dahbomb said:
I am way more shocked at Dante's new gauntlet weapon which people have translated it to "Gilgamesh". FUCKING AWESOME... Dante has all-new weapons just like Nero.

Whoa! I didn't notice that earlier. Niiiiice

Dahbomb

Can we get some translations up in here? I really don't want to have to go to Gamefaqs and have some douche translate it. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom