• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DMC4: PS3 Vs. Xbox 360 Comparison Vid

NolbertoS

I'm going for the PS3 version, graphics don't mean that much to me, but I take it that maybe Capcom will put more content into the game perhaps as it's hold more storage capacity on a Blu-ray disc.

watership

DantesWrath said:
I honestly can't spot the difference.

screams_1965_slap.jpg

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I think the people who can afford a PS3 and an XBox 360 are going to be too happy next year to care about the minor differences.

RaidenZR

Kudos to Capcom for making it that seamless of a port, in whichever direction (if any). The engine is remarkably adaptable.

GreekWolf

SapientWolf said:
I think the people who can afford a PS3 and an XBox 360 are going to be too happy next year to care about the minor differences.
Didn't Shane say that the PS3 version looks noticeably better?

Someone needs to get Shane Bettenhausen in here to defend his position. How has that guy still got a job when he's proven time and time again that he can't be objective?

Stealth

GreekWolf said:

He said, because it installed for 45 minutes to the hard drive, that it had zero load times, unlike the 360 build.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
GreekWolf said:

I think it was Brian who said there was some screen tearing in the 360 version.

Now watership rip him apart.

KTallguy

Banned
Xbox 360 had a very slight frame rate difference, slightly slower.
Also there was a tiny amount of tearing when there's a close up of Nero walking at the boss fight.

But it's very subtle.

lackey

both are awesome looking, great job capcom!
however the one that wins it for me has to be the one with the better control and dmc 1-3 works so perfectly with the ps controller.

Psychotext said:
Someone needs to get Shane Bettenhausen in here to defend his position. How has that guy still got a job when he's proven time and time again that he can't be objective?

Isn't screaming subjectiveness and nerdy edginess soaked in e-cred sarcasm pretty much the foundation upon which 1up rests?

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
beerbelly said:
No difference.

72rj8nb.png

Although it looks like the 360 version has a tad bit higher contrast (not judged by this pic).
Is it just the image or just me or does the sword handle/shadow behind the sword handle look a tad bit better in the 360 version?

maybe i'm seeing things.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
AltogetherAndrews said:
Isn't screaming subjectiveness, nerdy sarcasm and habitually ironic attitudes pretty much the foundation upon which 1up rests?

Can someone find these Shane comments? I thought he said that the PS3 version might have better or hardly no load times due to the install from the beginning of the game.

FootNinja said:
Is it just the image or just me or does the sword handle/shadow behind the sword handle look a tad bit better in the 360 version?

maybe i'm seeing things.

Here we go again.

KTallguy said:
Xbox 360 had a very slight frame rate difference, slightly slower.
Also there was a tiny amount of tearing when there's a close up of Nero walking at the boss fight.

But it's very subtle.
Disappointing, given the fact that they already released two games on the 360 using the same engine.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
FootNinja said:

maybe i'm seeing things.

Ah, fuck.

beerbelly said:
No difference.

72rj8nb.png

Although it looks like the 360 version has a tad bit higher contrast (not judged by this pic).
I'm spottin' some jaggies on the trigger of the gun in the PS3 version that aren't there in the 360 version.

Chrange

Banned
I keep seeing a lot of blockiness in the PS3 side, but that has to be from the capturing process. Otherwise no difference aside from Achievements :D

How anyone can tell anything from this lowbitrate encode is laughable. Also, I hate to break it to you but the games are the exact same, Capcom went lowest common denominator and made sure the assets would work on both platforms, so no whining or seeing magical ponies or whatever.

angelfly

Psychotext said:
Shane said this:

I just watched the segment and it was Bryan that said that. The only thing Shane said regarding the comparison is that from what hes been hearing the moves are easier to pull off on sixaxis because of the triggers.

Top Bottom