• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DMC4: PS3 Vs. Xbox 360 Comparison Vid

GreekWolf

It looks as if the 360 version might be a minuscule amount crisper and more vibrant, while the PS3 game appears to be running a tad bit smoother. Of course, all of that could simply be my imagination. You've gotta give it up to Capcom.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
angelfly said:
I just watched the segment and it was Bryan that said that. The only thing Shane said regarding the comparison is that from what hes been hearing the moves are easier to pull off on sixaxis because of the triggers.

Well you know they hate the Shane, so magically Brian's words are actually Shane's words.

markom58

Neo Member
360 wins.

By wins I mean they look exactly the same. There were some concerns that this wasn't the case at first :D

I can't see any difference at all, there isn't any tearing or frame drops in the 360 side of the vids. :lol

Yet another COD4 situation, well done Capcom.

Pachinko

Okay the way I see it these comparisn videos should just switch back and forth without telling you which version you're looking at until the end of the video, in the case of DMC4 I honestly couldn't see any difference at all.

jett

D-Member
The only difference I noticed was in the ice of the uh...ice creatures. On the PS3 it looks shiny and well "icy", on the 360 for some reason it looks grey and unlit. Other than that they look identical.

neojubei

beerbelly said:
Neojubei, you post on gametrailers?

No wonder...

I've been playing DMC on the Playstation controller since DMC1 so yes I prefer that controller. And by Shane comments, I think there might be a massive install to help decrease load times. I'm not fond of the massive install but if it helps decrease load times then I am ok with it.

laceystorm said:
they look and perform the same. 360 has achievements and rumble ftw

YES! RUMBLE FTW!!!!

Barnolde

Banned
Striker said:
Gee, who's side you on?
The logical side? Why do 360 fans always have a sense of arrogance with them? Oh noes, only 90% of 360 ports are superior now :-\
I mean goddamn, aren't the only ports that are better on PS3 Oblivion, DiRT and Burnout? God forbid there's a 4th one and the first two of those were late ports too.

Infinity Ward is viewed as amazing for getting the PS3 version of CoD4 out simultaneously with the 360 one at 60fps with no discernible differences.

It's a PlayStation franchise, why would it magically be better on 360 when it's not even designed for the controller?

And I'm just talking about the controls, I haven't even mentioned this shit that other posters have:
In the video, they go into console comparison. Shane Bettenhausen starts speaking "Capcom brought the game in, we got to play it, both the PLAYSTATION 3 and Xbox 360 versions. First thing I noticed, the PLAYSTATION 3 version is better."

Bryan Intihar chimes in on the situation "It's funny. You can tell, this game is built for the PLAYSTATION 3, but moved over to the Xbox 360. As of right now, I think the PLAYSTATION 3 version is better. I saw like screen tearing in the Xbox 360 version. Even like, when you were playing it, it felt better on the PLAYSTATION 3."

ntb825

The blacks one the 360 side look a SLIGHT SLIGHT bit darker. Thank God it's 99% identical.

Does the 360 version have loading times? If so, i'll be going with the PS3 version for sure.

beerbelly

Banned
neojubei said:
I've been playing DMC on the Playstation controller since DMC1 so yes I prefer that controller. And by Shane comments, I think there might be a massive install to help decrease load times. I'm not fond of the massive install but if it helps decrease load times then I am ok with it.

Are you threatened?

Why would I be threatened? Sounds like you are though. I thought I saw your name before at Gametrailers, t'was just a question.

Banned
It looks like the 360 one has rumble built in, and I'll have to buy a new controller if I'm going to play it on PS3. But on the other-hand the PS3's face-buttons are much better suited for this kind of game. Then again, I get achievements and won't be cut off from all my friends if I'm playing on 360. However the PS3 is quieter and will probably let me install to the hard drive. It does throw out a lot more heat than the 360 which can get annoying especially with my projector on though. The engine is proven on the 360 with Dead Rising / Lost Planet and they might have framerate issues with the PS3 version in some areas or have to downgrade visuals slightly. But it did start out on PS3 with a target of 60fps and LP/DR had some framerate issues, and tearing if you weren't running at 720p. PS3 also has a more accurate video output.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

I haven't even had a look at the video yet.

neojubei

beerbelly said:
Why would I be threatened? Sounds like you are though. I thought I saw your name before at Gametrailers, t'was just a question.

Oh sorry, Yea I like gametrailers. It is a much better site than gamevideos

If only there was a Dual Shock 2.5 with Axis control and the original L2/R2 buttons. It would be almost perfect. Wait, can you play PS3 games with the DS2 and working rumble (for the games that support it)?

andrewfee said:
But on the other-hand the PS3's face-buttons are much better suited for this kind of game.
What's this face button advantage? I must admit that I haven't spent a lot of time with the sixaxis.

gcfan2k5

·feist· said:
If only there was a Dual Shock 2.5 with Axis control and the original L2/R2 buttons. It would be almost perfect. Wait, can you play PS3 games with the DS2 and working rumble (for the games that support it)?

Probably not, then they couldnt force 5 million people to go buy the Dualshock 3:lol

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
watership said:
You hate it? I can understand for a FPS, but for DMC it's perfect.

If the 360's controls are adjustable, I'll go with the 360 version. Again, just playing to the fact that preference is all that matters with DMC4: both editions of the game deliver the exact same content in the exact same manner.

Surfheart

Mefisutoferesu said:
How anyone can tell anything from this lowbitrate encode is laughable. Also, I hate to break it to you but the games are the exact same, Capcom went lowest common denominator and made sure the assets would work on both platforms, so no whining or seeing magical ponies or whatever.

So which platform is holding the other back? ;)

ntb825

You know, watching it on my HDTV makes the PS3 side look blurrier than the 360 side.

Anyone else noticing this?

neojubei

·feist· said:

Dual Shock 3 is a better alternative. I think I might have to play a marathon of DMC1, 2 and 3 with my DS3. I cannot wait for the demo to be released.

i gotta say, out of every multiplatform title i've cared about from the SNES/Genesis and up, the differences here are probably the most minor ever--assuming that the 360 version doesn't have monstrous load times

Barnolde

Banned
gcfan2k5 said:
Probably not, then they couldnt force 5 million people to go buy the Dualshock 3:lol
Isn't it a shame that all Sixaxis controllers spontaneously combust when the DS3 hits?

ShockingAlberto said:
I'll get it for the 360 because I, uh, only have a 360.

*shrug*
That's a good reason to get it on 360.

ntb825 said:
You know, watching it on my HDTV makes the PS3 side look blurrier than the 360 side.

Anyone else noticing this?
Yes, but apparently all noticing that difference is worth is a rolling of the eyes. : /

angelfly said:
Has it been confirmed yet if the 360 version uses the hd to cache or not?
I need the answer to this. I have the 120 GB HDD and I think this might a bigger reason I'd get the PS3 version than the controller, honestly.

genjiZERO

beerbelly said:
No difference.

72rj8nb.png

Although it looks like the 360 version has a tad bit higher contrast (not judged by this pic).

that's what I see too. 360 games seem a bit more 'contrasty' than PS3 games, they also seem to have a but more 'glow'.

Mau ®

beerbelly said:
No difference.

72rj8nb.png

Although it looks like the 360 version has a tad bit higher contrast (not judged by this pic).

The sword and gun handles on the 360 version have more detailed textures. Other than that, no difference.

angelfly

Barnolde said:
Isn't it a shame that all Sixaxis controllers spontaneously combust when the DS3 hits?

If people want rumble then they are being forced to buy another controller unless Sony starts giving them out to people who already bought the system.

Mamesj

Banned
Screw you guys, I'm going home.

to play the PC version.

With a PS2 controller.

and enhanced settings through my graphics card. *runs*

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
inthezone said:
The sword and gun handles on the 360 version have more detailed textures. Other than that, no difference.

Woah, I didn't notice that! And to think that they began development of this on the PS3 initially...

Of course, the 360 had already seen the release of two titles using CAPCOM's multi-threaded engine (MT Engine, no?), so it could just be developer familiarity with that which led to the enhanced texture fidelity.

EDIT: The disparity in texture quality could be the adverse effect of Gametrailer's hi-definition video compression.

gcubed

TheRipDizz said:
Yes, but apparently all noticing that difference is worth is a rolling of the eyes. : /

it looks like the video is lower quality on the ps3, i noticed the sharper 360 version also. But if you look at the ps3 video when they switch back and forth, the text, the map, the numbers, etc are all blotchy, making it look like a poor encode

that being said, i'm no expert, but i would guess that edgy text and a slightly blurred map would be encode problems

inthezone said:
The sword and gun handles on the 360 version have more detailed textures.
There's a little bit of extra detail on the belt too... but of course this could all be due to the encode on the vid because they're particularly minor details. Where's blimblim? :D

Also noticed that the shields on the ice monsters in the PS3 version are definitely shinier.

Barnolde

Banned
angelfly said:
If people want rumble then they are being forced to buy another controller unless Sony starts giving them out to people who already bought the system.
Just like MS handed out free controller S's to people who bought the system with this big lug
XBOX_controller.jpg

Or like when Sony handed out free DualShocks when they added analog sticks to the PS1's controller.
Playstation_Controller.jpg

Firewire

Banned
·feist· said:
there is an adapter, costs about $15

Top Bottom