• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DNC agrees to give Sanders greater influence over party platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Maybe if the people you know in the "Hood" got off their asses and made their own lives better themselves they wouldnt have to worry about some person thousands of miles away playing savior for their own mistakes.

Hillary 2016.
Wow, this post wasn't sarcastic.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I think you are probably earning more in almost every salaried job in America compared to western countries. The big draw is the fact that healthcare and student loans are often the big issue here.
Haha, wow do you need to do some research.

B.O.O.M

What's his major malfunction. He's lost and lost decisively.

Democracy has spoken.

Shit I mean the 08 convention went smoothly and Clinton was hell of a lot more competitive vs Obama than Sanders has ever been.

Such honest to god arrogance.

Yeah I'm not sure what the end game is here for him. Not sure what he hopes to accomplish through 'ugly' democracy either

Sounds like something a mobster would say before he lays out why you are paying for his potection

lol now i will never read that quote the same way ever again

Update: Rachel Maddow just reported that the Sanders campaign has demanded that Governor Malloy of Connecticut and Barney Frank be removed from their positions as chairs of the Platform and Rules committees at the convention because they won’t be fair enough to Sanders. If the DNC does not give in to this demand, the Sanders campaign has announced that it will use all procedural means to grind the Convention to a halt.

Here is the letter Bernie sent to the DNC

sandersletter_160527.jpg

Update: Rachel Maddow just reported that the Sanders campaign has demanded that Governor Malloy of Connecticut and Barney Frank be removed from their positions as chairs of the Platform and Rules committees at the convention because they won’t be fair enough to Sanders. If the DNC does not give in to this demand, the Sanders campaign has announced that it will use all procedural means to grind the Convention to a halt.

Uh

That's pretty extreme. Does this deserve a new thread?

WAT

Toxi

Banned

This fucking campaign

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安

So it looks like our universe is converging towards the Darkest Timeline after all.

kirblar

Nevada was an "anomaly". Suuuuuuuurrrreeee.

You can make one. I doubt it will be a very civil discussion

Yeah I uh...don't want to be the progenitor of that discussion. If sanders is going to double down on that rhetoric, then holy shit. He's basically trying to tear the convention limb from limb, requesting small things and then just making more demands as he goes.

Yeah....that's uh...something.

Edit-I guess I could make it, do you have a link to the letter/news?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

This reads like school yard complaining.

Frankie was mean to me!

Yeah I uh...don't want to be the progenitor of that discussion. If sanders is going to double down on that rhetoric, then holy shit. He's basically trying to tear the convention limb from limb, requesting small things and then just making more demands as he goes.

Yeah....that's uh...something.

Edit-I guess I could make it, do you have a link to the letter/news?

It was on Rachel Maddows show. Its very recent.

Kite

Bernie supporters are frantically googling dirt on Barney Frank and Gov Malloy, Fox News and Breitbart links incoming lolol

The dude who named Cornell fucking West? Sit down Bernie, you had your picks you don't get to decides other people's picks.

Bronx-Man

Banned

At some point, Debbie's just gonna have to tell this dude to fuck off.

Risette

A Good Citizen

christ, Bernie's downward spiral just gets more and more embarrassing.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Using extortion as the loser? That's a new low, even for him.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
It wouldn't surprise me. I'm not sure how he thinks that he would escape blame for Trump's victory though.

Sanders will "drop out" officially when it will do the most damage to his own supporters, knowing they'll blame Clinton and the party for it and make it even less likely that they'll give her support. Basically, take an admirable defeat to come back later with a loyal contingent.

In a scenario where Trump wins, the media will be venomous toward Clinton and the Democrat party, and so will many Democrat and Clinton supporters. Sanders will have been long out of the battle by then, yet her numbers will have gone down after his departure. Plus the very shame of having seen the Republican party go from a complete mess to a unified party with TRUMP, the man everyone in the GOP wanted out, as their candidate and now president, while the Democrats lost what was originally billed as a one-way street to the White House and now be the big fat mess; you can bet it's Hillary and the party's "establishment" that will take the full blame, it writes itself.

Sanders will be able to say "I told you so" and in that context he would be right. He would get very little blame for it, and it would be the perfect time for him to come back to the frontline and say the party needs to be "cleaned up", and very few would be able to argue otherwise. I think that's exactly what he hopes for.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!

Haha this guy is Ralph Nader 2.0.

Josh7289

'LIKE ME OR ELSE!!!!'

I'm getting tired of Sanders and his campaign. Maybe nevermind what I said before about the topic of this thread being a good thing. How far will he go? How much of a sense of entitlement can one man have? And don't read read into my usage of "entitlement" there. I hate the way Republicans attack "entitlements" as much as you do.

This seems incredibly childish. What is he even doing?

He doesn't give a fuck. He's not a Democrat. He's not going to win. He's in a safe Senate sest.

None of this fallout will affect him at all.

Hell not even a Trump win would actually hurt him.

He's a soon to retire Senator who while not "rich" is actually likely in the top 4%.

Sounds like someone looking for change. Unlike ahem *obama*

I love Obama. But I know some people in the "hood" hate the fact that shit is the same for them and getting worse. They got sold hope and all they got was higher rent. (I'm from la if you guys saw the thread about it, people are feeling the housing burden heavy here)

If my boy Obama can't do it, i sure as hell don't trust Hillary. I love gaf except when it comes to politics. So go ahead and shove the Goldwater girl down our throats gaf. She ain't got my vote

!!!?? What do you think Obama had to do with the housing crisis? The economic crash didn't even happen when he was in office! And do you honestly believe that the reason why change is going slow isn't due to one of the most infamously obstructionist Congress we've had in a good while?

Drek

He doesn't give a fuck. He's not a Democrat. He's not going to win. He's in a safe Senate sest.

None of this fallout will affect him at all.

Hell not even a Trump win would actually hurt him.

He's a soon to retire Senator who while not "rich" is actually likely in the top 4%.
His seat is safe because dems let him run in and win their primary, then renounce to run independent. I hope next time they make it a three horse race and drop $10 million dollars just to ensure the republican wins. They won't because e party actually wants all the votes they can get and tolerate Sanders pissing in their mouth because of that, but it would be a worthwhile response to how he has acted in this primary.

mAcOdIn

Speaking about specifics, some of Bernie's left ideas that a moderate democrat may be opposed to include breaking up the big banks (Bernie demonizes the entire financial sector, but big banks aren't all bad for 'Joe America'. Lower interest rates, more liquid lending, etc...) and his opposition to trade agreements (and the fear of globalization. Protectionist policies suck)
Eh, these are somewhat complicated.

I don't think giant banks are a good thing in the grand scheme of things. I think the rise of credit, hell, the near reliance on it is ultimately a bad thing for "Joe America" and really a band aid for what is really just flat out less purchasing power for many people. I'd say that in a stronger economy people should only need credit for a large purchase like a car or house, for the United States I guess I'd have to add college but I'd rather that wasn't the case for most people unless they chose an expensive college on purpose despite having an option they could afford with no lending.

Demonizing the entire financial sector is not fair though, I'd agree with you on that. And really, some consolidation happened on behest of the government to keep some banks from failing outright during the crises and to then turn around and call out the banks that were nudged to buy those shit banks is rather harsh.

As for trade agreements, eh, that's complicated. Among nations of equal standards I'd say they're a good thing, when the nations have wildly different costs of living I think they're ultimately a bad thing. I don't really know how to define a protectionist policy in this regard because really, what isn't a protectionist policy? Or I guess I should ask, who's being protected? Ultimately anything benefits somebody, what you consider a protectionist policy's benefits one group and not protecting them benefits another. If the country's outlook on people with low wages were better continuing to bleed jobs(or downward wage pressure) to other countries need not be a bad thing, the government could offset those losses in wages to people affected with increased benefits from the increased profits of those that do benefit from such policies but that's a hard sell in a country where some people get outraged that people under the poverty line even have a fucking refrigerator in their home or apartment.

But, all of this is fleeting in a way, the same jobs affected by globalization are the same ones that are going to get further gutted by increased automation in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom