• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do You Hate Strip Malls?

TacosNSalsa

The ones in my area always busy as fuck and just cause a bunch of traffic . Other than that fact I guess I don't mind them ...the one near my house has a pretty good Vietnamese bakery that I go to...walking of course cause fuck parking in that lot ..

AntoneM

The Phoenix build environment is such that a big bunch of its retail and dining is in strip malls. I mean, even Honolulu was bigger than the Phoenix metro area in 1960. Now the Phoenix metro is a bit over 4 million people. It just doesn't have other building stock so you can find excellent stores and restaurants in strip malls here.

So, no. I don't hate them.

I've only grown up near them. I don't know how the world would look like without them. Heck, the regular malls nearby all do really well (the Sears is actually expanding).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I personally like them, I just think to many got built. A lot of the less popular ones are really run down these days. Much better than standard malls, which seem to be on their way out.

Coming from new Orleans to Houston I can't say I've been particularly impressed with how the vast abundance on every corner in Houston makes the city look, but they do provide things I guess with limited space.

I just feel like they make cities look like a generic build a city SIM game or something.

Soulless can be good, OP.

I don't think about them at all.
tumblr_n0zs7er4ZK1s0sbbko1_500.jpg

Coming from new Orleans to Houston I can't say I've been particularly impressed with how the vast abundance on every corner in Houston makes the city look, but they do provide things I guess with limited space.

I just feel like they make cities look like a generic build a city SIM game or something.

Man, what a change. So does New Orleans even have them?

Lol instantly knew you'd be the OP before clicking. :p

Didn't we discuss similar things in the Ask Girl Gaf thread?

Top Bottom