• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you know how to handwrite (cursive) in English? Use it often?

Kayhan

Cursive, touch typing - I do it all
badly

I actually learned touch typing in school but never used it much. But one day I just forced myself to only use touch typing going forward.

Cursive was an option in school.

Sevenfold

As an old man who yells at clouds, it saddens me that it's even a question.

Yeah as a UK schooler in the 80's this is as built in as tying shoe laces. That said the Gordon Ramsay video I watched the other day with the guy who didn't know what a centimeter was has taught me I should be thankful for my schooling no matter how dreadfully boring I found it, and for all it's faults and all the bad shit we hear about it, the UK National Curriculum is really fucking good.

P.S. People who combine cursive and print (and often "letters" that are neither, but some sort of a Frankenstein combination) are the worst.

AudioNoir

Banned
I keep a planner for work and use cursive every day. I also have a dream journal and use cursive there, too. Also in my regular journal.

There's something very satisfying about flipping through and re-reading volumes of handwriting.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Yes, and I still use it sometimes.. it's quicker to right in that standard... but I went to Catholic school.. we were forced to learn it.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I know it, but I haven't used it in probably 25 years. If I do write something in cursive just for fun, it looks the way it did when they taught me.

I don't use it regularly, but I still can fully write in cursive. I break it out when folks older than I am don't believe me when I say I can. XD

Media

Aww. Well, everyone except you. You're not the worst :)

TlTlM.gif

I don't know cursive at all. When I first had to give my signature, I just improvised some fancy circle letters and it has stuck ever since.

Ty4on

It's usually not English, but I was only taught cursive so it's what I write. My handwriting is pretty small and hard to make out though so when I write stuff other people have to read like orders at work I write in capital letters. It's faster than forcing myself to write large and clear cursive.

Writing typeface always felt wrong, never gotten used to it and I'm able to write capital letters quickly.

hao chi

yes. never use it. my signature is just a scribble

This.

I honestly hate cursive. I can't stand how most people that use it regularly have their own style of cursive to the point where they're completely change how certain letters are written.

enoki

I use print when I'm writing notes in class, but I'll use cursive to set apart any important information for later.

I generally take all of my notes and rewrite them in an organized way after finishing a unit.

Nicolada

I learned to use it in elementary school. Never really used it for anything but my signature though. Not sure how much I remember how to write outside the letters of my name (which is becoming more of a squiggle as time goes on). Doesn't matter though, it's pretty useless.

Top Bottom