• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you wish you could be the opposite Gender/Sex?

TreIII

Being honest?

As much as I would be interested in trying the idea for a few days, I don't think I'd have the stones to be a black woman, full time. Being a bi black guy can be challenging enough, as it is!

I've thought about it quite a lot, what would I have been like, looked like if I was born female. Would I actually go through a transition? no I don't think I'd want to, the only way I would is if I could go back on a whim like a shapeshifter

Two Words

As a kid, I used to be jealous of women. In my naive mind, I thought women had unfair advantages. I thought all they had to do was keep themselves attractive and find a rich husband and they’re free to be lazy and rich. As I grew up, I saw how it is nowhere near that simple and unfair women actually have it.

So basically, the kid version of me would have wanted to be a woman that just stayed at home and didn’t work, and the adult me now doesn’t want to be a woman because of all of the disadvantages it entails.

Violet_0

Banned
the orgasms are way better. And probably no hair loss. On the other hand, I feel like I have the advantage of aging quite slowly and I wouldn't want to lose that

Monocle

Not once. I love men and I like being a guy.

However, if we lived in the world of Ian M. Banks' Culture, where switching sexes is an easy and painless but gradual process, then yes, I would absolutely become a woman for a while. Might even have a kid.

Kthulhu

Not once. I love men and I like being a guy.

However, if we lived in the world of Ian M. Banks' Culture, where switching sexes is an easy and painless but gradual process, then yes, I would absolutely become a woman for a while. Might even have a kid.

I really need to finish the Culture books.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I almost certainly would. I think I would rather be able to go back to the beginning to have the whole life experience instead of just abruptly changing though.

Monocle

I really need to finish the Culture books.
I finished Look to Windward a while ago, the third-to-last Culture book I think, and it's one of my favorites ever. Banks' work is pensive, inventive, and riotously entertaining all at once. Such a good series.

Maligna

Banned
I've thought about it quite a lot, what would I have been like, looked like if I was born female.

Again, FaceApp can help you with that. :p

Example:
rEYvgo7l.jpg

1gTW1Zul.jpg

As a kid, I used to be jealous of women. In my naive mind, I thought women had unfair advantages. I thought all they had to do was keep themselves attractive and find a rich husband and they’re free to be lazy and rich. As I grew up, I saw how it is nowhere near that simple and unfair women actually have it.

So basically, the kid version of me would have wanted to be a woman that just stayed at home and didn’t work, and the adult me now doesn’t want to be a woman because of all of the disadvantages it entails.

I had a version of this too.

But more seriously, I am not a masculine guy. There was a lot of my childhood where I wished I was a girl to escape the constant failing I felt as a boy. I imagine I thought it would be an escape from the bullying I endured, but as an adult I am sure if I had been a girl it would just have been different bullying.

Hey OP, given this post and your past thread history, I have news for you: you're a girl. Let me know if you want to talk about it, or check out the transgaf community thread.

GamerJM

Banned
Not really. Kinda. Some days I wake up and just wish I could be a girl on that day, but a good portion of the time I'm happy with who I am. None of this expresses itself in strong feelings.

The funny thing for me is that I am also a bisexual male, but I am only attracted to extremely feminine looking men. Even the part of me that's attracted to men is contextualized by my attraction to women.

I tend to publicly identify as straight for the convenience though. This is actually the first time I've ever mentioned it on GAF, I think.

I'm actually the same way, though I recently started identifying as bi since I knew I was lying to myself if I was calling myself straight. There are also exceptions to this.....I really like some bald guys for some reason, and occasionally I'll just see a random non-feminine guy who I think is cute out of the blue.

I'm submissive though so part of me feels like going after feminine guys would be a waste of time if they're just gonna be subs/bottoms. I know that's not how all of them are though but eh. Also sorry if this went too off topic lmao

elyetis

If I could do it and undo at will sure. I kind of find myself in what was described by Finale Fireworker about his conversation with a crossdresser.

If it’s purely body and still my mind as it is now?

Sign me up, take all my money, every thing I own, I’ll sign anything yes please

I would like to be able to go outside my house using a dress without fear of being punched, so it could be fun to try being a woman for a few days.

When I was in my late teens I was slightly curious about what it would be like to be the opposite gender. Now I am perfectly fine with who I am.

mieumieu

Hells nah I won't answer this question, thank you very much

Unequivocally yes. I'm still sorta OK with how I express myself now but it just seems... suboptimal

McLovin

Sure, I would keep my dingaling though. And I would only be with women. It would be nice to get free drinks and out of speeding tickets :p

Kthulhu

I finished Look to Windward a while ago, the third-to-last Culture book I think, and it's one of my favorites ever. Banks' work is pensive, inventive, and riotously entertaining all at once. Such a good series.

I'm still on Consider Plebius. Loving it so far. Do any of the books focus on life in the Culture?

Yeah sure. I honestly am so disconnected from my gender/sex in terms of how I view myself that I’d be totally down to try. If I could have both though? I’d fucking kill for that.

Anung

Un Rama
If it was temporary I'd give it a whack. Not sure about permanently cause I'm quite comfortable being a dude.

Edit: When I had really long hair I got a lot of compliments so I think I could make a pretty beautiful woman.

psyfi

Banned
I believe gender is made up and that any of us can be any gender (or no gender) we want. Just do it. Have fun!

Hopeford

When I was younger I really wanted to, but I don't think that's still a thing to be honest. Would love to try it out for a few days out of curiosity though.

Greedings

From the poster of such threads as:

I am a loser.
Are you true to yourself?
Do you ever feel like screaming?
I’m ugly
Is it normal to be sad?
Do you like your own body?

Maybe we’re getting closer to what is making OP devise these depressing threads.

I don't think I could stand being sexually harassed on a daily basis, so no.

What's amazing is guys acting like sexual harassment doesn't exist and then in the same breath saying "Man I could never be a woman... getting hit on all day"

(not you, but I've heard that almost verbatim)

prag16

Banned
What's amazing is guys acting like sexual harassment doesn't exist and then in the same breath saying "Man I could never be a woman... getting hit on all day"

(not you, but I've heard that almost verbatim)

I mean, it's probably not the same people saying the former and the latter here.

Also let's not conflate being hit on with being sexually harassed. There's overlap for sure, but by and large they're not the same thing.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
A lot of people here seem to be on the transgender spectrum and are completely oblivious to it lol

I believe gender is made up and that any of us can be any gender (or no gender) we want. Just do it. Have fun!
That’s not how it works . . .

LordKasual

Banned
I'd love to be a woman for about a week. Like, a Dragon Ball wish-style sex swap. Maybe a full month and some change for extra clarity.

I'd probably masturbate alot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ My whole life though? FUCK no

i grew up with 3 women, i'm so happy to have a penis and no uterus

Platy

Holy pathriarchy the thread !

Things I learned here:

Men can't be cute
Men can't wear dresses
Women MUST be hairless
Pee standing up is easier to aim than sitting down
Everyone will turn beautiful and with huge boobs

Top Bottom