• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you wish you could be the opposite Gender/Sex?

StoneFox

No.

Being a guy would be easy mode for sure, but being a women defined my personality so much that I don't think I would be comfortable.

Eusis

I definitely would have liked the ability to freely switch back and forth with a reasonably good/nice body, and have felt kind of awkward being lumped with other men. Embarrassment and generally wanting to keep male privilege always held me back from saying so, even as something to try out for a little bit, then there's the fact I generally preferred "male" things anyway, but the more I see and the more I've thought about things...
Hells nah I won't answer this question, thank you very much

Unequivocally yes. I'm still sorta OK with how I express myself now but it just seems... suboptimal
Despite trying to be more open there this is kind of still how I feel. But I'll probably go down that road anyway.
I believe gender is made up and that any of us can be any gender (or no gender) we want. Just do it. Have fun!
Well, brain wiring still gets in the way and is a pesky thing, but what you said definitely holds for gender expression. Tomboy and butch lesbian trans women are a thing afterall, along with drag queen trans men.

Like a lot of people in this thread I would change for a while, couple months, but over all being a guy is easier would want to go back.

Like someone said here, when I was younger I use to be jealous and confused about women, I remember in high school telling my friend after she got a dude to send her a ticket it to Texas, "If I were a girl I could mooch a lot more shit" she said "Yes."

I was friends with a majority of women in high school and I never understood what was going on. I got to know their new boyfriends and there seemed to be a disconnect between what I knew about these woman and what they knew. I was there though, it wasn't like they were acting differently. Were these dudes too thirsty, love blindness, did the woman see the massive disconnect between what the guys were saying and what they knew? Or were they like "He is just nice." Insights into these moments would be worth it for me alone.

I have a friend now that ask me to walk her to her car at night because she is a little frightened. If I became a woman I would still be me, I wouldn't think "I am weak. I should be careful." Will actions like this over time change the way I think?

Are woman more approachable, I am rarely approached in my everyday life. Would be consider me more easily approachable? Will I respond to harassment differently? How do people treat me differently? What would be the process of transition my thought's? Will my my personality change at all?

What will I say that will be considered a mix message? Can I now truly interpret what a guy is thinking when interacting with me?

Seems all too interest to not want to try.

PSqueak

Banned
There are many days i wish, really really hard, i could.

Some days i dont feel like it.

It's complicated.

If we could have a way to change back and forth i'd be the happiest.

Gin-Shiio

No, but I wish people weren't branded for liking things outside of what gender dictates they should.

Gossip Girl is my jam.

Eusis

Switch "trans" for identity, and i know that feeling .-.

that feeling when you don't understand yourself enough to know if you truly are trans or what's going on in there.
Usually that's enough from what I've been seeing. And dysphoria can come in waves.

Evilkazzzz

Neo Member
For a day maybe longer. Just to experience the different anatomy I guess, and to see what I'd look like if I grew up female.

Still I'm pretty comfortable with my gender/sex so I wouldn't want to change anything forever.

latest

Still my favourite episode of Futurama ever, tbh.

Maybe for just a day or a week or something. But I wouldn't want to switch permanently, no. What I identify as just happens to match with my biological sex.

StayDead

I would like the Ranma 1/2 approach.
Choose every day, like your mood.
But Yes, would love to understand more from the other side.

Being able to swap perfectly every day at will would be pretty amazing.

I'm happy being a man, not because I think it's great, but I understand I have a lot less to worry about in general and the sound of periods in itself and also the menopause later in life is enough to put me off ever wanting to do it longer term.

nope.

and im black too so as black woman? in this world?

wow, i honestly couldnt make it.

i know damn well, even as a black male i skated through certain things in life because im a guy.

No, I'm super lazy and consider the 5 mins brushing my teeth a real "man... is this worth it...", I couldn't even begin to handle the hour+ my wife spends every day with lotions, creams, makeup, etc. Our bathroom counter is literally just my toothbrush and everything else is hers.

I shower every day at the gym and my shower bag consists of a razor and a single bottle which combines soap, shampoo, and conditioner. When my hair gets a little longish I ask my wife to cut it with a knife or scissors outside in the yard. I think my dog gets more grooming than I do.

Plus peeing while standing up pretty much anywhere you want (in an emergency) is pretty goddamn awesome. Also there is no way anyone can ever get me pregnant, I routinely forget to take the probiotics I am supposed to there is no way I could ever deal with birth control.

I do imagine in 50+ years you'll be able to take a pill and completely change all your DNA to the opposite sex including growing the right organs and bits, lot of scifi stories (Culture) deal with this and its an interesting thought experiment to see how societies would change.

If I could turn myself into a man whenever I wanted to go outside alone, I absolutely would. I identify with the gender I was assigned at birth, but being a woman can be exhausting and soul-crushing. It would be nice to get a break from that sometimes.

Zelias

Banned
Probably, yes. I've had gender issues before, even considered transitioning a few years back, but pulled away from it. I'm happy enough being a dude, I don't regret my choice, and I discovered so much about the trans community and the hardships they go through, but there's still a part of me that wonders what would be if I had gone through with it.

I would like to try it. I'm generally happy with who I am, but I have the feeling--and have had it for a couple of years now--that I would somehow be happier with myself if I was a woman. It's not a very strong feeling. But still, it's there.

Hell no. Living as a man for 25 years was the hardest thing I've done because there wasn't a day that gender dysphoria didn't chew at me in some way shape or form. It almost killed me before I realized I had to transition.

Now? I'm happier then I've ever been and wouldn't change a thing.

Szadek

Kind of. Can't say I'm too attached to being a dude.
If it was as easy as flipping a switch, I would try it out for sure and might stay that way if I like it enough.

Since that is not the case and there is a decent chance I wouldn't like it, I will stay the way I am right now.

Temporarily, sure. I'm curious to know what it'd be like.

Ranma 1/2 style, maybe. Probably, I guess. Get all the advantages of either side.

Permanently, no. I don't think that would be for me.

There's an old episode (that got recently rebroadcast) of This American Life, titled "Testosterone," where a trans man talks about how the addition of a lot of testosterone completely changed the way of his thinking. It was super interesting, considering the stereotype of men always thinking about sex, as he said he immediately started to think about it and see women differently as soon as he got the testosterone injections, and it really underlines how men and women really do think differently due to our biological processes and hormones.

Laiza

Opposite gender? I'm very close to the middle of the spectrum, so basically nothing would change.

Opposite sex? Hmmmm... well, that would be telling, wouldn't it? Heh. I'll just say that I would indeed prefer to have one set of genitals over the other.

As far as sexism and everything goes... I already get to deal with that on a regular basis purely by dint of being queer. I'd just end up being more visible, perhaps, but only just so. I don't think it'd change much for me.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Noooooooooooooooope. I enjoy rolling out of bed and barely doing anything to be ready to leave, let alone all the other crap women deal with.

I've imagined this scenario many times, was actually brought up to me by my friend ages ago

I'd totally be a woman for a day or extended amount of time, would be great to see what it's like to be the opposite gender

Body swapping/swapping places should be possible because it'd be amazing, but then again, I'm sire people would get their bodies stolen lol

Not

Banned
If I could make a decent living twitch streaming and playing games then sure, why not.

Could you put up with the constant and baseless harassment, belittlement, and general unpleasantness though? Would it be worth it?

I'm assuming you're assuming every woman who streams video games has some kind of unfair advantage?

ProtoSound

Neo Member
Maybe. Probably. I don't know. Been something I think about on and off for the last 12 or so years.

I don't really like being a guy. But I have obligations as a husband and a father.

Top Bottom