• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does Adderall bring back the magic of gaming when its lost?

LordOfChaos

Nothing's going to bring back the childhood joy factor. Some games can be so good they pull you back in for a while though.

Adderall just makes you more focused, it doesn't make things fun.

Also have you ever answered if you're doing any of this under the supervision of a doctor?

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Nothing's going to bring back the childhood joy factor. Some games can be so good they pull you back in for a while though.

Adderall just makes you more focused, it doesn't make things fun.

Also have you ever answered if you're doing any of this under the supervision of a doctor?

Oh shit it's the same guy lol. In all seriousness. If videogames aren't doing it for you anymore, I would recommend looking into other hobbies. There's a whole lot of fun shit you can do. Most of which don't involve sitting in front of a screen.

Try some psychedelic mushrooms. It'll make you like lady gaga.

Oooooh caught in a mushroom trance.

creeping bad romance GIF by Lady Gaga

reinking

Gold Member
Here you go OP.

Esports: The Sharp Edge of Adderall in Professional Gaming

While Adderall may help with alertness, reflecting its “study drug” reputation, the drug wouldn’t improve cognition, decision-making, communication, or other important skills in professional gaming.

I do not think it is a magic bullet. If you are not enjoying a game, I do not think Adderall (or any other drug) is going to "bring back the magic."

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler

It's super simple. You pop a couple right before you go hacking into Abstergo computers. You'll immediately find the answer to the Universe after six hours of completely fucking up your employer's infrastructure. From there, just hop into the Animus and every single solitary thing you do will instantly feel enlightened. Like you're Neo from the Matrix. I recommend jumping the wrong way from a viewpoint. It really drives home the base reality that anything you do will be more fun than hacking computers. Including drug addiction and suicide. Just kidding. Probably.

Robochobo

As a child that used to be prescribed it when I was younger, no, absolutely not. It'll make it worse infact. Imagine having issues with choosing a game to play and then multiply that by 100 where you end up just sitting there for a few hours debating over what you want to play until it's time to go to bed. Worst feeling in the world.

mystech

Have you played Elden Ring?

This. It's not that the magic of games is gone it's that most AAA developers nowadays lack soul and creativity. The same corporate culture that ruined the creativity in Hollywood has invaded the games industry and it shows! However, games like Elden Ring show that the magic is not completely gone and there are a few studios who once in a while drop something worth playing. Something new that's not just the same copy paste formula every other game seams to have (ever notice most games just seem like things you've already played with a different skin).

I have learned that game journalist are not to be trusted. Just because a game gets 10/10s does not mean it's good. Just because a game cost billions to create does not mean it's good. Use your own judgement and play what's actually fun to play rather than what the industry is telling you to play.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
What kinda lunacy is that? It’s like saying I’m having a bad time with my girl so let’s try me try getting my ass reamed by a male to see if it fixes our issues!!

Tj8dsio.gif

No it’s won’t bring back your childhood or first experiences with gaming.

Varteras

Gold Member
Games still bring me wonder and joy. The sense of awe. I experienced it recently with Baldur's Gate 3, Helldivers 2, and Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Other relatively recent games like Elden Ring, Ghost of Tsushima, and Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. Every time a new WoW expansion comes out I get that feeling. I felt that way initially with Diablo 4. Whenever I check the progress of Star Citizen, it never ceases to amaze me what they've built. It varies from person to person. But, for me, games can still make me that kind of childishly excited. Without drugs.

Top Bottom