• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does Bungie know what they're doing with Destiny?

I absolutely agree with you. Having spent countless hours with the game it's design decisions like capping the weekly marks, once a week reward systems and the atrocious vendor/faction leveling grind just force you to stick around longer. I'm particularly salty about the 100 mark per week limit. The grind to 100 is bad enough but being forced to wait days to get more marks to buy weapons or sparrows irked me greatly.

After you hit level 20 and the game becomes a highly repetitive grind fest with a luck based progression system (enjoy your shards while people around you get raid gear) and a biased award system(I'm looking at you crucible afkers). After reaching level 30 the sole reason that kept me going was the vex and the timebreaker. Yes, I was disappointed when I didn't get either after 5 hard raids and I kept telling myself the best gun in the game was worth the effort. Then it was nerfed, 34% base damage reduction resulting in a 50% overall damage reduction. The best gun was now clubbed with the likes of bad juju ( sorry marvel) and thorn.

Suddenly raids weren't worth it and that nudged me to take a step back and I asked myself a question "why was I playing this game?" I was playing this game not because I was having fun or because there were tons of things to do but because I was addicted to the next shiny piece of loot and that loot was carefully kept behind not only crucible/vanguard marks and rep but also behind chance.

Destiny is a game designed to make you play for a very very long time which would have been awesome if it wasn't a shell of a game infested with grind walls and a luck based reward/progression system. I'll come back to it later if things change.

This is so very much on the spot. I am waiting to get the last piece of raid armour I need and there is just so much disappointment when you keep getting items you already have. The more you play the worse it becomes, there is so little loot in the game that it stretches out the time that you receive it through the awful RNG system. RNG works when there is a shit ton of loot and variations in colour/specs/buffs/etc. not when there is a small amount with no variations on each. The raid is even worse because that only gives certain armour/weapons/items or ascendant materials instead.

If there was as much loot as other games it would be fine, but with the little amount there is RNG was a bad way to go.

E92 M3

I believe their vision was to take your character everywhere, and I think it's a good one IMHO. They should stick to their guns.

The VM isn't useless now, it's more in line with the other weapons. There's a lot of hyperbole surrounding it's defenders, for example it would even take down Oracles faster than any other weapon and it didn't have the elemental bonus. Now it's more as it should have been those that have been using it as something akin to a crutch have to play like everyone else. It's still viable and has its uses.
+edit

No, I will disrespectfully disagree. PVE and PVP require completely different balances. And the VM is useless - it is no where near where it should be. It was one of the few weapons that felt like an exotic I was happy to have. It's one of most difficult weapons to get in the game (excluding cheese, which in its own right is not easy). I hate games that use the philosophy of everyone being equal. If someone played 1000 hours, I want them to better than me in terms of loot. PVP should be balanced, but PVE should be all about beating certain challenges and getting cool shit. The Vex was the definition of cool shit. Now it's just wasting space in my inventory.

I just wish people stopped calling this an MMO... this just follows the style of play of games like Phantasy Star Online, Monster Hunter, etc but being FPS instead of action RPG, and none of the games named were MMO, i don't get why this should be considered MMO then.

Just because it's an FPS doesn't mean it can't be an MMO.

If all of Destiny's story missions were on par with Halo's I would have no issue playing it over and over and over and over.

Imagine, levels as good as The Silent Cartographer. I would play that shit forever in Destiny.

Unfortunately Destiny's story missions are the worst Bungie has ever created.

Also Ghost is no Cortana, and that kind of sums up Destiny in a nutshell.

No, I will disrespectfully disagree. PVE and PVP require completely different balances. And the VM is useless - it is no where near where it should be. It was one of the few weapons that felt like an exotic I was happy to have. It's one of most difficult weapons to get in the game (excluding cheese, which in its own right is not easy). I hate games that use the philosophy of everyone being equal. If someone played 1000 hours, I want them to better than me in terms of loot. PVP should be balanced, but PVE should be all about beating certain challenges and getting cool shit. The Vex was the definition of cool shit. Now it's just wasting space in my inventory.

Yup, Bungie balancing PvE and PvP together is ridiculous. I don't believe there are many if any MMOs that do that.

And yes MMO. It may be an FPS, but the RNG, stats, buffs, clans and raids and all that is exactly what makes an MMO.

As an exWoW player there are many features in this game that I'm surprised bother people. RNG is the main one, but also the anger over not being top geared in a very short amount of time. It's like so many things present in this game are foreign to FPS (or maybe console) players in general.

Some people post about running the raid so many times and not having everything they want. The game has been out a month. In many MMOs you might be doing the same raid for much longer than that for one item you really want. And you know what you usually did get if you didn't get a piece of gear? Nothing. Not a thing.

In the end when I log on and do a Nightfall with my friends while laughing how we always slide to revive each other, or play Crucible and laugh at how bad we slaughter a team in Skirmish, or creeping through the Gorgon Maze and laughing at the person who gets us all killed, these moments make the game fun to me. When my wife tells me "I know you're having fun, but can you keep it down?" I think Bungie is doing something right.

Tillbe

It's like Bungie had some kind of pressure to create something new, something groundbreaking. Because hey, that's what looks good on review blurbs, which look good on huge ass posters and trailers.

Destiny aside, who doesn't like new, innovative or groundbreaking? How are those bad qualities to shoot for when making a creative work? Your whole post totally puzzles me.

There is someone to blame but I am not sure who it is. I'd like to think that Bungie set out to make the game we all wanted it to be. Someone at some point made changes. Big changes. We can blame the key players leaving Bungie, we can blame Activision chopping it up for paid DLC but in reality we will never know. What is known is that at some point, somewhere in the development process a huge change was made to the playbook. I honestly feel it went from a launch game of many planets and missions and strikes and raids and a meaty story told my numerous cutscenes to the husk that it is today. I think the loot has been botched from the start but had the game come out in it's initial form, they could have addressed it and moved on. Players would have been much more forgiving as there was so much to do.

Instead, what happened is Bungie went into panic mode. They know their game changed. They know the story was cut. They know players are not happy. They can't say anything of course because the mystery person I mentioned in the first paragraph probably has the purse strings. So, they have to come out all egotistical and act like this IS the original game and that we just aren't playing it correctly. That attitude and lack of transparency was the straw that broke the camels back for many people, including myself.

HAd Bungie just done a mea culpa and been upfront and honest and laid out a solid plan for the upcoming months, I think a lot of gamers would have held on to their copy. Instead, we were insulted that cave farming and Queen farming is wrong and we are bad people for doing it so they took their ball and went home. Telling a consumer who spent money on your product that they can't enjoy it in the way they want when you have very little to offer in the form of entertainment is always going to cause animosity.

Tell me I don't play the game right? Well, I will then tell you you didn't MAKE the game right.

Hi nail.
Please meet head.

As an exWoW player there are many features in this game that I'm surprised bother people. RNG is the main one, but also the anger over not being top geared in a very short amount of time. It's like so many things present in this game are foreign to FPS (or maybe console) players in general.

Some people post about running the raid so many times and not having everything they want. The game has been out a month. In many MMOs you might be doing the same raid for much longer than that for one item you really want. And you know what you usually did get if you didn't get a piece of gear? Nothing. Not a thing.

In the end when I log on and do a Nightfall with my friends while laughing how we always slide to revive each other, or play Crucible and laugh at how bad we slaughter a team in Skirmish, or creeping through the Gorgon Maze and laughing at the person who gets us all killed, these moments make the game fun to me. When my wife tells me "I know you're having fun, but can you keep it down?" I think Bungie is doing something right.
I agree with you, but as another ex-WoW player, the lack of settings and features in Destiny is astounding. Destiny is much closer to an FPS like Halo than a MMO/RPG like WoW, and I think that's where the problem lies.

pringles

If all of Destiny's story missions were on par with Halo's I would have no issue playing it over and over and over and over.

Imagine, levels as good as The Silent Cartographer. I would play that shit forever in Destiny.

Unfortunately Destiny's story missions are the worst Bungie has ever created.

Also Ghost is no Cortana, and that kind of sums up Destiny in a nutshell.
I don't think the story missions are even designed to be anything like the Halo missions. The strikes/raids are what is supposed to be like an epic mission. The raid fulfills that imo. The strikes however are too few and too bland.

BigDug13

Whether or not Bungie "know what they're doing", I think it's painfully obvious just how green they are when it comes to this kind of game. Sure, the shooting is fine, these guys have obviously made shooters in the past. But once you start getting into the more MMO-like features, that's where the cracks start to show and Bungie's inexperience with handling the the multiplayer RPG features of Destiny become more apparent. This whole thing seems to be one giant learning experience for them, and at the moment, they seem to just be trying to figure it out as they go.

But that's still a failure isn't it? I mean if your goal is to make a pseudo-MMORPG style FPS and you've been working on it for 5 years and it's a huge budget and is supposed to launch a 10 year franchise, wouldn't it be in the realm of basic due diligence as a lead-creative director on a project like this to maybe hire a few of the plenty of available people who have had a wealth of experience designing similar games? How can other companies do a better job at being "green" at creating an MMORPG for the first time and these guys can be so bad at it? It seems like a massive blunder from the start to not have some experienced MMO mechanics guys working on the game. But like everything else surrounding this game, there must have been some serious internal friction during this entire development process.

I mean shit, Blizzard-Activision couldn't provide Bungie with a few WoW devs as consultants? It just seems like such a poor attempt at making a pseudo-MMO to be published by the same name brand that publishes the most successful MMORPG of all time.

BigDug13

Just because it's an FPS doesn't mean it can't be an MMO.

Being an FPS is not why Destiny isn't a true MMO. The fact that your "game world" can only have a maximum of 16 people and that everything you do in that "game world" is instanced downward from there into smaller chunks. It's a bunch of instances with a weird travel lobby-hub with random low level mobs and maybe some dynamic events in it. Compare it to a real MMOFPS like Planetside and you can see how much this game isn't an MMO.

I do call it a pseudo-MMO though because it borrows mechanics from MMO's and puts it into its 16-player lobby with branched off instances.

Nabbis

What do you expect from Bungie and from this game going forward? Do you think they'll be able to eventually weed out these issues, refocus their vision for the game and steer it in a successful direction? Or will the darkness continue to claw at the servers and unleash the ark of errors on us for all eternity?

I don't expect any major changes at this point. Many of the problems that Destiny has are a sympton of how the games mission structures and it's associated core features are designed. It will be a monumental task to change those core features for the planned DLCs.

I think some of you are misunderstanding that this game is going to be updated like an MMO instead of being sequel driven, everything we have heard so far is indicating the opposite with the "expansions" mainly serving as content fodder. Better luck in the second or third sequel.

The game is perfect for people like you and me. It's worse for people that can sink 7-8 hours per day into it. I don't know exactly what you mean by "get something out of it" but isn't that something the enjoyment? And if you're not enjoying it then you're right, it's not for you. Nothing is for everyone.

As for raids, if you're level 27+, post a LFG message on destinylfg.net and you'll get an invite in like 2 minutes. Same goes for weekly strikes. I was skeptical about going that route at first too but it's really NO hassle.
The difference is your definition of what you get out of Destiny. For people like the guy you replied to, this game is 100% shitting on the time they put into playing it for any sense of progression. I would like to think that in a general sense, players would like to feel some control with their character progression. That should either be hinged on loot, personal skill, or in a great game, a combination of the two.

Destiny isn't committed to any rewarding gameplay or loot, and the indecisive design will prevent people from enjoying what's there in either regard. If the game can't make up its mind, how are we supposed to identify what the driving force is? If this thing was enjoyable to play in the first place, if we got anything out of it, then there wouldn't be a need for players like yourself to remind us all about the fun we've been having.

Respect

I agree to an extent. I also am an ex WoW player
soon to be current probably by the weekend
, but the loot is just too random. There are certain pieces that only drop in the raid, everything else is totally RNG based. I would have definitely preferred more defined loot tables to give more incentive to run a strike.

In WoW you know what bosses drop what loot in heroics/raids, so you know what to shoot for. Outside of the raid, it is a complete coin flip. Add into that, since loot is bound to a character, person A just got his 3rd raid chest, while person B got his second raid gloves, neither needing them. In WoW, the loot gets distributed and at least you know your group got stronger even if you didn't. If you complete an entire raid in WoW and no one got any upgrades, you probably out geared the raid to begin with.

Only one raid is really hurting the game too. I think a second raid would have helped out there.

Feel like each class isn't well defined enough for me either. I thought about running a second class, but the supers are the only really class defining abilities. We all use the same weapons, we all have slightly different grenades with somewhat different melee abilities. I know the supers are definitely game changing, especially in hard mode raiding, but it isn't enough for me to justify leveling another character in the end.

There are certainly other issues, Zoba does a good job of addressing a lot of those points though.

I can sum up my issue with Destiny pretty quickly.

It's simply not worth the effort. I'm a 30 year old professional with a family. I'd AT THE VERY LEAST like to get something out of the bit of time I put into a game.

Simply put, maybe this game isn't for me. Maybe I'm the issue. I don't have 6 friends with which to conduct raids with. Due to my life, I need to be able to pick up the controller and play and not post on a forum asking for raid goers.

+1 (I'm 42, it doesnt get better)

The game is perfect for people like you and me. It's worse for people that can sink 7-8 hours per day into it. I don't know exactly what you mean by "get something out of it" but isn't that something the enjoyment? And if you're not enjoying it then you're right, it's not for you. Nothing is for everyone.

As for raids, if you're level 27+, post a LFG message on destinylfg.net and you'll get an invite in like 2 minutes. Same goes for weekly strikes. I was skeptical about going that route at first too but it's really NO hassle.

I think you just made his point. Wife, Kids, work, these days for a game like this I need to make forward progress if I sink a couple of hours into a game. Not only does that not happen (a lot) but it is so poorly explained you aren't sure what you have to do. If I have to post on a fan site forum to enjoy the game "they way they intended" then they failed.

If I need to read Wiki's to understand how the leveling systems works, they failed. The only reason I think these things are intentionally dragged out is because there just isn't any other content.

I don't think the story missions are even designed to be anything like the Halo missions. The strikes/raids are what is supposed to be like an epic mission. The raid fulfills that imo. The strikes however are too few and too bland.

None of the strikes are even close to any of the best Halo levels, not even the worst ones. As for the Raid, it is ONE LEVEL, they gave us one level that is amazing the first time through as you learn what to do and work with your team.

After that one time, the magic is lost and it becomes just as lame as the others.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I just wish people stopped calling this an MMO... this just follows the style of play of games like Phantasy Star Online, Monster Hunter, etc but being FPS instead of action RPG, and none of the games named were MMO, i don't get why this should be considered MMO then.

It may not be massively, but it's still far more like an MMO than say borderlands. Borderlands feels more like a co-op RPG / FPS hybrid.

Destiny has far more in common with what MMO's treat as gameplay and content than it does with any other type of online game.

SonnyBoy

The game is perfect for people like you and me.

Eh... I dunno... I get your point but it still just feels so tedious to me. I feel so unlucky with the loot system and I dont have the time anymore to grind like seems to be necessary. Maybe I'm just too old and have to give up certain games. #shrug

I would like to think that in a general sense, players would like to feel some control with their character progression.

Exactly. I have one friend that I game with constantly. He's got about 2 exotics, all for classes he doesn't use. He too doesn't have the time to build out 3 classes properly. I know that I have my Hunter and that's all I have time for... I swear I'll break something if I finally get an exotic and can't even freaking use it.

gatti-man

Exactly. The vm should be THE exotic and it doesnt even feel exotic anymore at all. More like a legendary. Why mess with pve at all. Its just dumb.

JZA

I can only shake my head, mouth agape in awe, at the sheer audacity that Bungie seems to posses in calling things like the Queen's Wrath and the Iron Banner "events." To even vaguely imply that such non-content were anything of note requires a special kind of arrogance and disdain for your player base.

"Disdain" perfectly describes how Bungie is coming off, in my opinion. I'll be using this word more in Destiny conversations.

I can only shake my head, mouth agape in awe, at the sheer audacity that Bungie seems to posses in calling things like the Queen's Wrath and the Iron Banner "events." To even vaguely imply that such non-content were anything of note requires a special kind of arrogance and disdain for your player base.
Hyperbole 101

JZA

The game is the best advertisement for WoW and the Master Chief Collection I've seen yet.

That's a grindfest I never want to go through again. Basically you get reputation and buy your gear.

So true. After playing Destiny for a week and reading all sorts of opinions online, it made me go back to try Borderlands 2 and I've been itching to play the new Diablo expansion.

gatti-man

I agree to an extent. I also am an ex WoW player
soon to be current probably by the weekend
, but the loot is just too random. There are certain pieces that only drop in the raid, everything else is totally RNG based. I would have definitely preferred more defined loot tables to give more incentive to run a strike.

In WoW you know what bosses drop what loot in heroics/raids, so you know what to shoot for. Outside of the raid, it is a complete coin flip. Add into that, since loot is bound to a character, person A just got his 3rd raid chest, while person B got his second raid gloves, neither needing them. In WoW, the loot gets distributed and at least you know your group got stronger even if you didn't. If you complete an entire raid in WoW and no one got any upgrades, you probably out geared the raid to begin with.

Only one raid is really hurting the game too. I think a second raid would have helped out there.

Feel like each class isn't well defined enough for me either. I thought about running a second class, but the supers are the only really class defining abilities. We all use the same weapons, we all have slightly different grenades with somewhat different melee abilities. I know the supers are definitely game changing, especially in hard mode raiding, but it isn't enough for me to justify leveling another character in the end.

There are certainly other issues, Zoba does a good job of addressing a lot of those points though.

I agree here. I think one large problem is 1 raid holding all the loot cards. Where is the pvp lvl 30 set? Where are the super rare drops that casuals can hope to get? Right now Destiny is a game of Xur and 1 Raid supplying the entire endgame. You either buy what you want through xur and stay at 29 or take a spin once a week in the raid.

There needs to be more variety in lvl 30 gear and more avenues to get it. We are headed to a 3 armor set future with this game and its raid gear with and a few exotics pieces thrown in. Thats not good.

KOHIPEET

Destiny aside, who doesn't like new, innovative or groundbreaking? How are those bad qualities to shoot for when making a creative work? Your whole post totally puzzles me.

I didn't say those are bad qualities, I merely said (at least that's what I wanted to say) that they should have made a proper single player campaign with an added coop instead of the incoherent mess that's now called the single player. Sure be innovative, but first, make sure you have certain blocks in place or you might end up with a game that sounds good on paper, but less appealing in practice.

I agree that somewhere along the way, they couldn't decide what kind of game they were making. So we have what boils down to a mediocre experience at the end of the day. It's like the wouldn't or couldn't go all the way into MMO/RPG _or_ a AAA Shooter. So we have half-baked both.

It almost feels like they don't even play the game at Bungie, because it just isn't fun. If they _were_ playing the game at Bungie, I'm quite sure it would be more fun to play. Better loot, less grinding (Faction grinding... fuck off,) and more variety in Strikes instead of the same thing over and over and over and over and... And why are there no decent patrols for level 20+?

Maybe they'll make some bold post-launch moves (doubtful) or maybe they'll make some bold moves in DLC. Improve the RPG elements, the class progressions. A FUN loot system. Fun strikes. Fun PVP maps. Etc.

The game just isn't much fun 20+.

LowSignal

I personally don't find Destiny fun and I wanted to like the game but it just didn't work out. Ultimately I don't think this is the game they wanted to make but a product of getting in bed with Activision, I wish they could have made this game by themselves.

Flipyap

They quite clearly do not.

They made a loot game without loot, where you're most likely going to buy all of your gear - including the "rarest" weapons in the game.
They're trying to keep a loot game "balanced", so all gear of the same tier has the same stats and they're currently removing unique features of their unique guns.
It's an open world game built like linear levels.
A social game without social features.
A game designed around replaying a small set of levels without ANY randomization or unpredictability.
A co-op game that doesn't support matchmaking in any of its modes, except the one you're never going to touch once you outgrow blue gear (strikes).
They roll out "special events" that ask you to play the same content you grew tired of repeating before the event started.
They launched the multiplayer mode where your gear/level matters in a state where your gear/level did not matter.

Every single part of Destiny is so full of contradictions, it's as if they took an ironic approach to game design. It might be the first Dadaist blockbuster video game.

R0ckman

I wish people would stop saying this. It isn't the problem. They're not an Activision studio the way Raven is. Activision OWNS Raven. Activision doesn't own Destiny, and there's been no compelling evidence that ATVI's done anything.

This is squarely on Bungie.

I think a big part of the problem is that a lot of the talent behind the Bungie games (y'know, like Griesemer, who had been around since at least Combat Evolved up through reach) moved on. Tipul went off to make Enemy Starfighter. Staten's storytelling's over at Microsoft now. Lehto's going indie, apparently.

To be honest I think a lot of things happen at companies where people move on. I get leaving and doing something new, but I wouldn't feel the need to leave in the middle of projects leaving them to be cancelled or turning into garbage, unless something was just going completely wrong behind the scenes, I surely wouldn't work hard to leave a company to become independent only to go BACK to the company a short amount of years later.

pringles

Eh... I dunno... I get your point but it still just feels so tedious to me. I feel so unlucky with the loot system and I dont have the time anymore to grind like seems to be necessary. Maybe I'm just too old and have to give up certain games. #shrug

Exactly. I have one friend that I game with constantly. He's got about 2 exotics, all for classes he doesn't use. He too doesn't have the time to build out 3 classes properly. I know that I have my Hunter and that's all I have time for... I swear I'll break something if I finally get an exotic and can't even freaking use it.
Grinding is doing it wrong. If you feel lucky or unlucky doesn't matter much for progression if you don't grind hours upon hours after you've completed all bounties and daily heroic and weekly strikes. If you get lucky you can progress faster, but you shouldn't hit a wall anyway. Want an exotic? Buy it from Xur. I promise you, it feels good even if it's not from a random drop.

I don't know how so many are having trouble making progress. No grinding and I'm 29, and I'm definitely not lucky with drops. No need for 3 characters, no need to farm for hours.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
"Disdain" perfectly describes how Bungie is coming off, in my opinion. I'll be using this word more in Destiny conversations.

I think it really does. I'm sure it doesn't apply to everyone working on the game, but that's the impression I get of the organization as a whole. It's like they expect people to just lap up whatever they decide to dish out and love it because they are the legendary Bungie.

Hyperbole 101

You think so? I feel that it definitely applies. They put out a VERY slim package with their launch offering. Some of them even then had the gall to lambaste game reviewers for judging the game before their raid and "events" went live. The raid turned out to be a bit of a value add for those who were determined enough to grind gear for 10 to 30 hours after reaching level 20, but the events were a joke. That anyone could think such meaningless content not only deserved to be propped up and advertised, but also could change a person's opinion of the game in a positive way, comes off as sheer arrogance to me. Either these guys live in a bubble where no other games but Destiny exist, or they just think very little of their audience.

=(

This nails it for me.

I meant time doesn't get much better :) TBH, it's pretty awesome to play with my son who is now almost 10.

They quite clearly do not.

They made a loot game without loot, where you're most likely going to buy all of your gear - including the "rarest" weapons in the game.
They're trying to keep a loot game "balanced", so all gear of the same tier has the same stats and they're currently removing unique features of their unique guns.
It's an open world game built like linear levels.
A social game without social features.
A game designed around replaying a small set of levels without ANY randomization or unpredictability.
A co-op game that doesn't support matchmaking in any of its modes, except the one you're never going to touch once you outgrow blue gear (strikes).
They roll out "special events" that ask you to play the same content you grew tired of repeating before the event started.
They launched the multiplayer mode where your gear/level matters in a state where your gear/level did not matter.

Every single part of Destiny is so full of contradictions, it's as if they took an ironic approach to game design. It might be the first Dadaist blockbuster video game.

This is a great post. The scary part is looking at the future expansion it doesn't seem like any of this is addressed.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of expansion, have any details been announced about the first pack yet? I think I'll see what they are willing to offer for $20 before I decide whether I should just write the game off forever and sell it or not. It would have to be a much more robust value per dollar offering than what we got for the initial $60 buy-in.

While that's totally a solution, its also a damning statement on the game. That site, half the posts in the OT, and who knows how many other places make their no matchmaking stance look ridiculous.

But yeah people should try that site if you need a team.

You think so? I feel that it definitely applies.
While your central point has validity, your rhetoric was tremendously over the top. Bungie does not have disdain for their customers. Either way, the post was humorous and a great example of hyperbole.

hydruxo

I've played Destiny every single day since it launched, and I really enjoy it, but Bungie clearly is just making things up as they go. I'm hoping that by January they'll have things sorted out, but right now they've been making some baffling decisions in their patches. Also things that are still in the game that they haven't fixed, like the glitches in the raid, guardian outfitter always selling the same few shaders, etc.

TsuWave

I also am annoyed that you can never get OP to even scrub mobs in Destiny. If you are level 30 a level 2 fallen should basically explode with one bullet from your primary.

And as you progress, the level 24 fallen should be meaningfully different than the level 2 fallen. Add more armor, cooler guns, etc. Rather than just 'the way damage is calculated between you is different'..

i also have a problem with that. it feels really unsatisfying, especially because you have the huge numbers telling you your defense stat but it doesn't really matter because whether they are level 2 or 20, if you are like 4 levels above them, enemies will always make the same damage. and i didn't really notice any difference in the iron banner event.

sigh

Level 2 in Iron Banner

I don't like Gamespot, but this video illustrates just how little clue Bungie has right now.

I like the game, I know they're probably working hard..but..

oh man :(

smh

See I just don't agree with most of the shit talking it gets. For every fault that people complain about I've found to be fine, or even good, for the most part. RNG? Don't focus on that specificially; do factions and buy most of your equipment. Even still I've gotten a lot of good weapons eventually through RNG. Even when I got to the heavy grind around level 25, I started playing coop with a friend and then we just forgot about the grind and had fun doing the dailies and the raid and eventually we got where we needed to be. I think that's basically the point; if you find people to coop with then you start simply having fun and eventually RNG will smile upon you.
Story? Okay, that's pretty empty, but the gameplay and coop is where the game is at. The story is something that I believe could have been done much better, but it doesn't really detract from the game overall in my opinion, as it hasn't kept me from putting in 90 hours of the game.

Multiplayer? Well it's fun and they make a reason to keep playing it. It's simple, but I've never been a multiplayer kind of gamer so the fact that Bungie has made someone play multiplayer that doesn't usually says something about it. It's true that other shooters have better options for multiplayer but the fact is that multiplayer is only a part of Destiny, and not the focus. It's something you jump into for a few rounds in between strikes and other dailies. That's how I see it anyway.

I understand some criticism of the game but I just don't get all the shit talking it gets.

I totally agree with you. Can't add anything else. Thank you.

Cob32

I wonder why they took the queens stuff and iron banner down. With all the lack of content complaints surely it would of been better to leave it up.

Astral Dog

Already sold the game so I dont think so

Come COD this one will drop like a roooock.

Come on, its almost unfair to compare this to CoD, i think Bungie has to know something, as they released the best selling new ip, the best, and planned DLC that will likely sell very well, they are probably working on the sequel right now.

I wonder why they took the queens stuff and iron banner down. With all the lack of content complaints surely it would of been better to leave it up.

Because it's a limited time event to "hook" people into logging in with the promise of some semblance of variety in content. Keeping it up there permanently only reminds people that there wasn't actually any new content.

Top Bottom