• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does Bungie know what they're doing with Destiny?

Also how am i supposed to get ascendent shards when i've got nobody to raid with? I haven't received any from crucible and the odd one elsewhere, i need these materials to upgrade my character but i can't, they've made it so difficult to aquire them.

there's no way i'm buying the dlc just so i can still be stuck at my current level still

Best way to get shards is to buy Legendary armor from the crucible or vanguard then dismantle it. Its the only reason to max out your $$ each week.

When you grind the same strikes long enough you can find some bugs in each one so that you don't need anyone for raids. I've been able to solo the last two nightfall raids . This week you can snipe the boss from the room on the left , the others don't come in there. Even then I didn't get any shards. Just material.

Despera

Banned
I play the game probably during 1 week out of 4 a month, and every time I do something for the first time (whether Raiding or Nightfall/Heroic Weekly strikes) I always get a ton of stuff.

Hell the first time I've done the raid I got 2 pieces of raid gear and a raid weapon. And I got an exotic weapon for my first time doing both weekly heroic and nightfall.

Got all that on the same day.

I'm starting to think they have a system which increases your RNG chances of getting worthwhile shit if you don't play the game that often just so you can keep up with those who play all the time.

Iorv3th

The loot is way way too random and almost to where it favors certain people. I play with 2 other people and we play the same amount of time. Yet one of them has like 6 exotic weapons and a lot of legendary weapons. Another has A LOT of legendary weapons and a few exotics. I have blue weapons......I ended up getting an exotic bounty but what the hell is with making people grind 25 strikes to get this stuff. Would be one thing if they had more than 4 strikes in the game. I still have no legendary weapons, same amount of time played.

Plus what is the point of continuing to play? I feel the PvP is lacking a lot of content, very few maps, not enough game modes, and really horrible lag. People complained about overpowered assault rifles but to me it wasn't any different than using a BR or something in Halo, it was just the go to gun. Use other guns in situations that call for it, snipers at long distance, shotguns close up.

I don't think they can fix the problems in this game. It's like they had an idea of what the game would be when it was initially revealed, then they scrapped all of that and just slapped something together and pulled content that was already in game to be DLC later on.

Bungie made the best game I've played this year so far. Admittedly I have missed a lot of indie games that I normally gravitate toward, and I'll also qualify this by noting that 2014 is not a particularly notable year of releases (especially with so many re-releases).

Destiny feels like a spiritual successor to Phantasy Star Online, and occasionally surpasses its quality.

I think Bungie delivered enough content for a $60 retail game with no monthly fee.

The story and voice acting are terrible.

I think that most of the 'problems' surrounding this game can and will likely be fixed over the next year. If they aren't, then Bungie will lose many fans, including me.

Queens Wrath shows us that any substantial PvE content will be $$

That is the worst thing, since I was hoping for at least one new story mission or something like that from the event. Instead recycled levels on hard. Lame.

Neuro

I desperately need Ascendant shards and all i keep getting are Ascendent materials, bloody annoying I swear...

Euron

I absolutely despise the PVP in this game. Not only are some people given unfair advantages with one hit kill weapons, there's no diversity in the game modes.

All they have are your typical CoD Team Deathmatch, Domination, and FFA modes. Keep in mind this isn't some mid-tier developer's first shot at a AAA game, it's BUNGIE. This was the company that gave us Infection, Griffball, Invasion, Race, Action Sack, and Forge yet they can't even go beyond basic game modes in this game. There isn't even a damn CTF mode, something HALO CE had. They're one of the most legendary multiplayer developers of all time and they created an unbalanced mess that doesn't go beyond basic game modes.

Pooya

People play the PvP to complete bounties and get marks, they don't play to win, you don't need to win to be rewarded, winning doesn't mean you will get rewarded. It's so messed up. One shot kills and random advantages don't matter when you play with that mindset :\

I've pretty much hit a wall with Destiny. At this point I'm just doing the same things over and over again, but for little reason. It's not even fun anymore, my friends and I always find ourselves rushing through levels trying to beat them in the most efficient manner possible so we can be done with them as quickly as possible. That's not a sign of fun, that's a sign of a growing tedium that we're getting tired of, even if we don't consciously realize it. The only reason to keep doing these missions is to get more material/strange coins/whatever to upgrade/get better gear (so keep doing the same thing, but with slightly better gear) complete the bounties that we've done 30 times before.

The only real reason to keep playing is PvP, but it's so broken, from the netcode, to the weapons, and the abilities/powers, that it's not even fun half the time.

I think I'm just going to start playing this game less and move on the others, like The Last of Us.

I absolutely despise the PVP in this game. Not only are some people given unfair advantages with one hit kill weapons, there's no diversity in the game modes.

All they have are your typical CoD Team Deathmatch, Domination, and FFA modes. Keep in mind this isn't some mid-tier developer's first shot at a AAA game, it's BUNGIE. This was the company that gave us Infection, Griffball, Invasion, Race, Action Sack, and Forge yet they can't even go beyond basic game modes in this game. There isn't even a damn CTF mode, something HALO CE had. They're one of the most legendary multiplayer developers of all time and they created an unbalanced mess that doesn't go beyond basic game modes.

Agree. Speaking of race, if we don't ever get Pike racing I'll be sad.

Hear that Bungie? Pike racing! Do it!

RMI

Banned
But the regular crucible is there for a more balanced battle, the iron banner was spoken about like gear was important, it was not.

And since the iron banner was a time related thing they could have gone all out for the week and had a bigger different in gear then regular crucible, they did not.

it absolutely was important. For example - In regular crucible the titan's shoulder charge is a kill 100% of the time, in iron banner it was not for me. In regular crucible I could consistently kill in 2 melee hits, and again not in iron banner. This was gear dependent. I would learn in a match who the tough targets were. You can tell by looking at them. That's what I mean when i say subtle changes.

These little changes absolutely changed the way i played the game. The only criticism I have of Iron Banner is what some other GAFer said, which is that it should have been Rumble and not control, with rewards weighted to the top players.

Vitor711

Just add matchmaking to everything for the love of God. It's ODST's firefight all over again.

I can kind of uderstand not having it for the raid (although not 100% agree) but not having a way to do the dailies and weeklies with randoms is so dumb. And no, I don't want to add random people from GAF or Bungie.net to clog up my friends list.

It also means that I didn't co-op any story missions and burnt out on the 5 strikes real quick because I enjoy co-op so I played them to death. So dumb.

I'm really bitter they nerfed Pocket Infinity.

That was such a fun weapon to use.

Same, absolutely loved that gun.

As I'm sure others have said, the problem with the way things are being handled right now is that they're adjusting weapons and stuff based off pvp complaints... As if the community isn't going to cry about something new after each adjustment anyway.

While it may be more work, pve and pvp need to be treated separate. Want to nerf pocket infinity in multi? Fine, go right ahead... but don't take the joy out of an exotic from the pve environment as well, it's not hurting anyone.

Tengrave

I think the fact that we need to have this chat is a indication of they don't know what they are doing. I honesty thought at the 2 weeks in mark they were going to open up a bunch of new stuff. Poor example but like when Reach didn't let you level up past a certain point till a month in.

While I still do occasionally play it, I'm sort of over this game now. The RNG component, bad rebalancing efforts, mixed with the boring repetitive grinding have really worn me down. I have absolutely no intention of getting raid armor and spending the grind time required to level each piece up again.
The amount of grinding required in this game can really be a turn-off.
The gunplay is still a lot of fun and the only redeeming value for me at this point.

Rising_Hei

I just wish people stopped calling this an MMO... this just follows the style of play of games like Phantasy Star Online, Monster Hunter, etc but being FPS instead of action RPG, and none of the games named were MMO, i don't get why this should be considered MMO then.

Still zero audio options.

This game needs separate volume sliders for music, sound effects and voice.

We also need an on/off option for the multiplayer announcer.

Tawpgun

Def solid post.

While the game has issues rooted deep in its design, Bungie is churning out updates pretty quickly. They need to release another infographic what upcoming events we can look forward to for the rest of the year.

They also said while Iron Banner didn't really make powerful people feel more powerful, that could change in future Iron Banners.

But one could argue that Bungie knows exactly what they are doing with RNG. If you were guaranteed raid armor for instance, you would build you full set and be done. Nothing left to accomplish in the game. You're 30 now.

But because its a little more random, every raid is different and you keep coming back every week because you want to complete the Nightfall for that rep boost and chance at exotics and you want to beat the raid for raid gear and weapons.

My first raid was Chatterwhite, Ass Mats, and Visions of Confluence. Not too bad.
My second raid was ass mats, raid shotgun, raid boots, hard light, and Timebreaker Sparrow.

My friend got nothing but ass mats and chatterwhite from both his raids though. So its tough and definitely doesn't feel right, but it makes you want to come back and try again. That's what RNG does. You keep playing it until the game drops what you need. Game is so fucking addicting.

And that's what gives me hope for Destiny 2, or even their upcoming expansions. If they can make their world more social, give it more interesting fleshed out characters, more activities.... They have a masterpiece on their hands. I can't stop playing what is a somewhat shallow experience. If it was deeper.... might need to bust out that poopsock

TheContact

They have zero fucking clue and they had huge set backs during development. This can be easily understood by their quote which says they don't want to ever take people out of the game, that we wouldn't need to go online to figure stuff out about the game, but in fact you're forced to go online to read about the story and then to understand ho the mechanics of the game work which are never explained in game. The game is a mess but at least it's polished.

gatti-man

I love the game but id side with doesnt know what they are doing. They are pandering to complainers about balance and not listening about real complainta about features. When you nerf a guns base damage 34% or more thats about a knee jerk as you can get.

No audio options, buggy friends list, poor vault implement forcing tons of loading between characters, poor weapon balancing with pvp tied to pve, and they try and fix cheese in the raid but dont fix the buggy and broken portals in the atheon fight? really?

nynt9

The game has flaws without question.
However, everyone in this thread knows that the content and issues will be resolved over time. Every MMO goes through this.

That's the thing though, we don't. That's why we have this thread. Many don't believe Bungie have the right vision to take this game to where it needs to be.

Every MMO goes through this, but not in the way you describe. Some go through this, realize their flaws, revamp themselves and keep on living with the fraction of the playerbase who didn't ragequit before the game was fixed. Others just refuse to accept their flaws and never fix them, so their playerbase dwindles via more and more people realizing how broken and unfair it is until only the most dedicated remain, and the game essentially dies.

We don't know which way Destiny will go. And it's not an MMO anyway.

Doran902

I think they just released an unfinished game and are planning on patching and selling the rest of it to us. Love the gaemplay though.

Aces&Eights

There is someone to blame but I am not sure who it is. I'd like to think that Bungie set out to make the game we all wanted it to be. Someone at some point made changes. Big changes. We can blame the key players leaving Bungie, we can blame Activision chopping it up for paid DLC but in reality we will never know. What is known is that at some point, somewhere in the development process a huge change was made to the playbook. I honestly feel it went from a launch game of many planets and missions and strikes and raids and a meaty story told my numerous cutscenes to the husk that it is today. I think the loot has been botched from the start but had the game come out in it's initial form, they could have addressed it and moved on. Players would have been much more forgiving as there was so much to do.

Instead, what happened is Bungie went into panic mode. They know their game changed. They know the story was cut. They know players are not happy. They can't say anything of course because the mystery person I mentioned in the first paragraph probably has the purse strings. So, they have to come out all egotistical and act like this IS the original game and that we just aren't playing it correctly. That attitude and lack of transparency was the straw that broke the camels back for many people, including myself.

HAd Bungie just done a mea culpa and been upfront and honest and laid out a solid plan for the upcoming months, I think a lot of gamers would have held on to their copy. Instead, we were insulted that cave farming and Queen farming is wrong and we are bad people for doing it so they took their ball and went home. Telling a consumer who spent money on your product that they can't enjoy it in the way they want when you have very little to offer in the form of entertainment is always going to cause animosity.

Tell me I don't play the game right? Well, I will then tell you you didn't MAKE the game right.

OneLifeCycle

Neo Member
Is there a perfect game? I dunno, the Borderlands series is pretty dope. Destiny has that same potential but it hasn't yet gotten there. Maybe these future DLC's will help elaborate on the story some? I think, overall, that's what's missing the most. A well rounded, fascinating story.

I think the real problem here is that Halo was generally considered amazing by most, both on the story front and the multi-player front. And lets' face it, all throughout history, people who've done something amazing and tried to follow that up with something else amazing have mostly fallen short. I honestly Destiny would have better reviews had Halo never existed or had it not been developed by Bungie. It's all about exptectations now.

canedaddy

I loved my time with the game… it's a blast to play, and probably my GOTY right now.

Unfortunately, after you finish the story and hit level 20, Destiny isn't set up for someone like me who's not into PvP and doesn't have a regular group of friends for co-op. I spent a good week or so grinding away for light items, and it grew more and more repetitive with minimal reward/advancement. The last straw was the Iron Banner event, all PvP stuff… that finally got me to take it out of the PS4 and move on.

PhatSaqs

Banned
"kill this enemy who is out for a jog with infinity shield because reasons"
lmfaoooooo

Fantastic breakdown, OP.

I think the main problem Bungie has with loot and RNG is they have so few items. Exotic, Legendaries and even blue and green items are so few that if it the loot system worked properly, everyone who's played the game for 20+ hours might have every piece of equipment there is.

Heck, just one look at Xur is evidence of this. He sells the same item week after week. Well, not exactly the same items but close. Bungie should have a team or something developing more Legendary, Exotic items to plug that hole.
Excellent points which is what i've said from the outset as an explanation as to why the loot drops were the way the were before the patch.

BigDug13

I think the fact that we need to have this chat is a indication of they don't know what they are doing. I honesty thought at the 2 weeks in mark they were going to open up a bunch of new stuff. Poor example but like when Reach didn't let you level up past a certain point till a month in.

If they had substantial amounts of content finished that they wanted to give away for free, they wouldn't have sat on it for weeks just for some planned event knowing that a lack of content would hurt review scores. Maybe if there was content they intended to give away that was nearly done and couldn't ship on disc, I could see it, but it doesn't seem like a lot of free additional content is in the cards.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I'm playing Diablo 3 and Destiny right now. I'm kind of up against the wall on what I can do in Destiny without raiding.

You know what this game needs? Totally randomized loot like Diablo. Right now there's very little actual loot you can get. Imagine if the different item classes were only divided by the number and quality of their modifiers?

That would give you incentive to constantly be Tiger Striking because some amazing exotic thing with like a zillion badass mods to unlock could drop and it would be TOTALLY UNIQUE to you.

That would REALLY give us stories to share. Not like now where it's like "You've got Icebreaker? Sweet, so does like ten other dudes around here."

OneLifeCycle

Neo Member
There is someone to blame but I am not sure who it is. I'd like to think that Bungie set out to make the game we all wanted it to be. Someone at some point made changes. Big changes. We can blame the key players leaving Bungie, we can blame Activision chopping it up for paid DLC but in reality we will never know. What is known is that at some point, somewhere in the development process a huge change was made to the playbook. I honestly feel it went from a launch game of many planets and missions and strikes and raids and a meaty story told my numerous cutscenes to the husk that it is today. I think the loot has been botched from the start but had the game come out in it's initial form, they could have addressed it and moved on. Players would have been much more forgiving as there was so much to do.

Instead, what happened is Bungie went into panic mode. They know their game changed. They know the story was cut. They know players are not happy. They can't say anything of course because the mystery person I mentioned in the first paragraph probably has the purse strings. So, they have to come out all egotistical and act like this IS the original game and that we just aren't playing it correctly. That attitude and lack of transparency was the straw that broke the camels back for many people, including myself.

HAd Bungie just done a mea culpa and been upfront and honest and laid out a solid plan for the upcoming months, I think a lot of gamers would have held on to their copy. Instead, we were insulted that cave farming and Queen farming is wrong and we are bad people for doing it so they took their ball and went home. Telling a consumer who spent money on your product that they can't enjoy it in the way they want when you have very little to offer in the form of entertainment is always going to cause animosity.

Tell me I don't play the game right? Well, I will then tell you you didn't MAKE the game right.

Yup! Well stated! I agree that the story was cut up from what it was originally intended to be as far as what content was supposed to be initially released. I think Activision is to blame for this one. I also think the success of the gaming industry is to blame. It used to not be this way. But now, with so much money to be made, they look for ways to make even more and DLC is a significant method to keep the game alive and in the positive. The downfall is the we may not get the complete game from get-go and a cut-up story that we have to piece together in the case of Destiny. It really sucks.

Fedele

With all the problems Destiny has made its players face, plus it's incredibly terrible story, I feel like I paid too much for it.

Thinking about the way the game is right now, it would have been better if it was some kind of Titanfall, multiplayer only game. At the end of the day, the Crucible is the only thing that makes me come back eventually (until GTA V comes out, at least).

I wouldn't count on any of that being patched in. Ever.

But it's not Destiny without the "heeee hooooo hooooo hoooo whoooo hoooooo" orbit music. See it was a design decision. Bungie wants you to want to shoot yourself before you start shooting aliens. Feel the flow, it's circular. Pay the quarter, get on the carousel, up and down and around, it's circular, circle, with the music, the flow, all good things.

Afrocious

Bungie said no cheese.

But there is cheese.

Bungie said here's this elusive gun. It's powerful.

Bungie then said that gun is OP and is now useless.

Bungie hopes that the hard mode raid (because there is only one raid) is worth going through now.

The evidence of Bungie not having a grasp on what they're doing is evident with how they patch things. You can pick three since there's way more than that now. My evidence is the handling of the loot cave, the queen gear no longer dropping ascendant mats despite being legendary, and having Xur sell a strange coin for glimmer. I don't even have to go into talking about the gun nerfs and the terrible bandaid patch for VoG.

Hiko

Banned
Just add matchmaking to everything for the love of God. It's ODST's firefight all over again.

I can kind of uderstand not having it for the raid (although not 100% agree) but not having a way to do the dailies and weeklies with randoms is so dumb. And no, I don't want to add random people from GAF or Bungie.net to clog up my friends list.

It also means that I didn't co-op any story missions and burnt out on the 5 strikes real quick because I enjoy co-op so I played them to death. So dumb.
This. Every mission needs matchmaking

PhatSaqs

Banned
Also they definitely should have this post on a wall somewhere in their offices. Rares/Greens being totally glimmer fodder post level 15 or so is redic.

Vanilla Diablo 3 had serious issues, and despite the core gameplay being solid, there were issues with balance there as well.

The team kept nerfing great tactics, which made the game less fun.

Fast forward to now. I've given up on Destiny for largely the same reasons I gave up on Diablo 3. Hearing that D3 had improved since Vanilla, I picked up Ultimate Evil Edition.

WOW. THIS is how you make a loot game. GOD DAMN it's great. Classes have been rebalanced to reintroduce fun builds that challenge you to push into higher difficulty levels to see what you're actually able to handle. Overpowered builds suddenly start to show holes in specific situations. Other builds become viable all of a sudden. Loot is plentiful, but not everything is a legendary. Getting great loot is still worth celebrating.

My biggest problem with Destiny's loot is a serious problem with how they built the loot tables. Here's what I mean:

In Diablo, from every level from 1-70, there is gear that appears in the common, uncommon, rare and legendary tiers. A good rare at 65 might finally replace a legendary you got at 45. You lose that cool secondary ability the legendary had, but the rare just has better base stats. Tough decisions need to be made. Suddenly you're not sure if you want to upgrade, because it's not an upgrade across the board. You gain life per second, but lose the ability to summon a ghost to fight by your side when you kill an enemy.

Destiny's loot tiers are based on levels. After Level 15, you will never get a green that is worth your time. After 20, no rare is worth your time. Now you can ONLY get legendaries to upgrade. Rare guns cap at 242 damage. No blue weapon will ever be an upgrade for you once you have appropriate gear for 20. There is no other option. There are no tough choices. There is only either crap, and direct upgrade. Suddenly, just by seeing the color of the gear that dropped, you know it's useless to you. There's no suspense. There's no excitement in maybe getting an upgrade.

This is exacerbated by the quick leveling. 1-20 goes by in a flash. You spend very little time getting direct upgrades and interesting variations on gear. Once you hit 20, your focus is largely singular: legendaries (or exotics). You also only have 7 (one entirely cosmetic) slots to fill with gear, instead of Diablo's 13. That also limits your chances to find an upgrade. 6 slots to upgrade, and only one tier of loot that will ever be an upgrade for any of it. That limits your choices really quickly.

Bungie needs to sit down with a game like Reaper of Souls and see how loot should be balanced between drops, crafting, and mysterious unidentified items.

That would REALLY give us stories to share. Not like now where it's like "You've got Icebreaker? Sweet, so does like ten other dudes around here."

Yup. Sucks when the "great story behind your weapon" (as a Bungie team member said we'd have) is "Oh, this? I did patrols, bounties, and public events for a week and then I bought it." or "I've been saving up Strange Coins and bought it."

Vanilla Diablo 3 had serious issues, and despite the core gameplay being solid, there were issues with balance there as well.

The team kept nerfing great tactics, which made the game less fun.

Fast forward to now. I've given up on Destiny for largely the same reasons I gave up on Diablo 3. Hearing that D3 had improved since Vanilla, I picked up Ultimate Evil Edition.

WOW. THIS is how you make a loot game. GOD DAMN it's great. Classes have been rebalanced to reintroduce fun builds that challenge you to push into higher difficulty levels to see what you're actually able to handle. Overpowered builds suddenly start to show holes in specific situations. Other builds become viable all of a sudden. Loot is plentiful, but not everything is a legendary. Getting great loot is still worth celebrating.

My biggest problem with Destiny's loot is a serious problem with how they built the loot tables. Here's what I mean:

In Diablo, from every level from 1-70, there is gear that appears in the common, uncommon, rare and legendary tiers. A good rare at 65 might finally replace a legendary you got at 45. You lose that cool secondary ability the legendary had, but the rare just has better base stats. Tough decisions need to be made. Suddenly you're not sure if you want to upgrade, because it's not an upgrade across the board. You gain life per second, but lose the ability to summon a ghost to fight by your side when you kill an enemy.

Destiny's loot tiers are based on levels. After Level 15, you will never get a green that is worth your time. After 20, no rare is worth your time. Now you can ONLY get legendaries to upgrade. Rare guns cap at 242 damage. No blue weapon will ever be an upgrade for you once you have appropriate gear for 20. There is no other option. There are no tough choices. There is only either crap, and direct upgrade. Suddenly, just by seeing the color of the gear that dropped, you know it's useless to you. There's no suspense. There's no excitement in maybe getting an upgrade.

This is exacerbated by the quick leveling. 1-20 goes by in a flash. You spend very little time getting direct upgrades and interesting variations on gear. Once you hit 20, your focus is largely singular: legendaries (or exotics). You also only have 7 (one entirely cosmetic) slots to fill with gear, instead of Diablo's 13. That also limits your chances to find an upgrade. 6 slots to upgrade, and only one tier of loot that will ever be an upgrade for any of it. That limits your choices really quickly.

Bungie needs to sit down with a game like Reaper of Souls and see how loot should be balanced between drops, crafting, and mysterious unidentified items.

Great fucking post, here. Green engrams should just drop the broken down materials after level 20, since that's all you end up doing with them anyway...but I agree, they designed the loot poorly.

slop101

Banned
Personally, after hitting level 25, there's really not much, if anything, left in the game for me to see. I'm moving on to other games, like borderlands, CoD pretty soon, and so many other games that are now starting to come out. THAT, I think is Bungie/Destiny's problem. Getting people to come back. If they're planning this to be a platform to keep going on for 5 to 10 more years, they better do dome major restructuring, because as it stands, it cannot compete with games coming out over the next year, much less the next 5.

I mean, I might go back once there's some DLC, but there's going to be so many other games for me to play by then, unlike the last two months where there was a dearth of games. Who's going to want to keep grinding on the same environments with the same enemies, in the same missions (which are all essentially a type of "horde mode), when there's going to be a new game out every other week. Destiny's community is going to die out, mostly because it doesn't reward the player like successful MMOs do, and once more games are out, there'll be no incentive for people to go back to Destiny, because they've seen everything, and new games are, well, new.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Nerfing weapons for PvE based on PvP feedback tells me they don't have a clue. Absolutely ridiculous not to mention lazy. Hell, the shotgun nerf just erased the buff they gave them right before the game released.

Stratn

But it's not Destiny without the "heeee hooooo hooooo hoooo whoooo hoooooo" orbit music. See it was a design decision. Bungie wants you to want to shoot yourself before you start shooting aliens. Feel the flow, it's circular. Pay the quarter, get on the carousel, up and down and around, it's circular, circle, with the music, the flow, all good things.

Happy Gilmore, one of the greatest movies ever!!!

BuzzJive

I'm glad they're working on balancing PvP a bit. I'm sure the stats showed just how overpowered the VM and other guns were. I'm okay with re-buffing it for PvE, but they are so tied together that I can see why it didn't happen at this time.

I wonder why there is NOTHING going on right now. No Salvage. No Queen's Wrath. No Iron Banner. Nothing. It's been 5 weeks and they don't have any special event happening right now. Why not leave Iron Banner on for another week if you've got nothing? That's the part I'm most concerned with right now.

I'm averaging over 12 hours a week and loving the game BTW.

Dunlop

Just add matchmaking to everything for the love of God

this times a billion, I have yet to run a weekly because of it

Concerning the game outside of it's many many flaws what disturbs me the most is how it seems that they ran into production issues and ripped content out of their original game to later sell as DLC (imo of course).

There is so much stuff missing, it feels like I am still in the Beta

KingV

I also am annoyed that you can never get OP to even scrub mobs in Destiny. If you are level 30 a level 2 fallen should basically explode with one bullet from your primary.

And as you progress, the level 24 fallen should be meaningfully different than the level 2 fallen. Add more armor, cooler guns, etc. Rather than just 'the way damage is calculated between you is different'.

As it is, rather than reaching for the stars in your build, your just making it so you don't get wiped quickly by higher level content. Its like leveling raises the floor on your character but doesn't really raise the ceiling.

Bottom line: the loot and leveling is just really unsatisfying.

Bungie said no cheese.

But there is cheese.

Bungie said here's this elusive gun. It's powerful.

Bungie then said that gun is OP and is now useless.

Bungie hopes that the hard mode raid (because there is only one raid) is worth going through now.

The evidence of Bungie not having a grasp on what they're doing is evident with how they patch things. You can pick three since there's way more than that now. My evidence is the handling of the loot cave, the queen gear no longer dropping ascendant mats despite being legendary, and having Xur sell a strange coin for glimmer. I don't even have to go into talking about the gun nerfs and the terrible bandaid patch for VoG.

You hit the mark each time. But pause... Xur sells coins now? Wtf? Lol

Top Bottom