• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does it feel weird knowing that the person destroying you online is probably a child?

vin-buc

because bragging about your COD e-penis on Neogaf to make a point that you're better than children makes you kinda childish IMO

LoL. You're completely misreading the post/point. I'm not trying to show off how good i'm at COD to NeoGaf. It's the point that not all of us older folk get destroyed by kids in videogames and by using the KDR stat (in a shooter) it shows a certain skill in a fast paced, twitch game where young children with superior motor skills supposed to dominate in

RyuHei

I enjoy the rages and hackusations. The harder people rage, the harder I laugh. It's awkward when a kid is leading you around giving orders. But sometimes I don't mind because No experience with map, type of tactics, etc.

imBask

Banned
LoL. You're completely misreading the post/point. I'm not trying to show off how good i'm at COD to NeoGaf. It's the point that not all of us older folk get destroyed by kids in videogames and by using the KDR stat (in a shooter) it shows a certain skill in a fast paced, twitch game where young children with superior motor skills supposed to dominate in

Using a stat from a single game doesn't really make an argument, and I felt like it came out as bragging

sorry if I was mistaken, keep being good at COD then

bobone

No, when I was younger I did the same thing. I had much few games so I focused on 1 single game for several months at a time. Got very very good at it before moving on the something else.

Now I play 3 or 4 games a month and am much less focused on becoming "pro" caliber at any particular one. I assume its a money vs time factor.

I actually fully expect kids to destroy me in games online. I don't have the time or patience to learn the ins and outs of all these games. Hence the reason I still play Street Fighter IV just like I'm playing Street Fighter II, and wish every FPS was either Quake 1 or Battlefield 2.

Pimpwerx

No. My life doesn't revolve around video games. I'm self-employed now and have clients and responsibilities. Plus, I've run into formidable gaming kids my whole life, even when I was a kid myself. I was pretty raw at Asteroids and Vanguard.

I kinda feel weird when a kid starts talking shit during a match, and I end up ripping into him. FIFA would be so much better with a "mute all" option. PEACE.

entremet

Why?

These little dudes are playing 30 plus hours a week just on one game. No adult has time for that. Of course they're going to be better.

They suck at fighting games though. I destroy them in those without mercy.

shandy706

If you're playing online, and run into me, it's a 30+ year old with 2 kids destroying you online.

deal.gif

Squalor

If you have more kills than deaths, you have a good kill-to-death ratio.

Once you get above 2.0, it's a really good ratio.

Soroc

This is why I don't like competitive multiplayer. Its not so much that its a kid that part doesn't matter it more the realization that the majority of people playing competitive multiplayer have a lot more time to devote to it then I do.

So now I just stick to co-op and I'm a happier gamer due to it!

When I play online I get the impression that other people are annoyed by the presence of children, but I think they are awesome. Little kids usually take the game dead seriously and if they rage it just sounds silly.

The idea of a child improving faster than I can hurts my motivation at times when I think about it. However, offline or online, when it's time to actually play, the person of my opponent does not matter to me.

morpix

No, because they have about 1000% more time to devote to the game. They'll go through the same thing when work/life catches up.

OsirisBlack

Banned
I generally do well I play Moba and Fighting games competitively but my shooting skills have diminished greatly from the goldeneye days. I am nearing 40 ....but being honest I don't have the time I once did to play I almost feel like I am collecting games more than I am playing them now days.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I thought about this when I joined a new clan in Clash of the Clans. This leader telling me what to do is probably some kid in junior high. Then I thought, man what if Ive been losing to kids this whole time?

Just imagine how they feel knowing they lost to some ancient dude in their 20's-30's. It's like losing to their dads.

ThatManTy

Neo Member
When I first started grinding pvp in vanilla wow, I was so sure I was gonna get to High Warlord, before I found out all the top rankers were kids with massive time on their hands. I was sooooo disappointed... I got Rank 11 and stopped and never went any higher ever.

Nah. Never experienced it. But usually when I do meet a kid with potential, I gladly show them some new stuff. I love seeing kids that can hold their own.

When I first started grinding pvp in vanilla wow, I was so sure I was gonna get to High Warlord, before I found out all the top rankers were fellow adults with alot of money on their hands to pay CGFs to play the rest of the day for them. I was sooooo disappointed... I got Rank 11 and stopped and never went any higher ever.

Fixed.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I have a coworker who when running into jerks online would let his little daughter use the headset while he did the playing. Let them think a little girl was kicking their asses.

Top Bottom