• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does PS Vita exist / Lack of Vita games at E3

DMeisterJ

Banned
He really just danced around the question.

Geoff asked why didn't they announce first party games, and why did we only see AC3 and a CoD logo, and Tretton answers that it's only 4 months old, and games like AC3 and CoD are coming. There was literally no answer to that question, and Geoff did a poor job of cornering him.

Videogame journalism, lol.

Jasoneyu

If he wanted to cut the fat he should've showcase the wonderbook in a 4 minute trailer and use that allotted time for more vita games. Make it seem like you are supporting your new platform.

KalBalboa

Banned
I think Assasin's Creed was their big NEW game for the Vita, considering how huge the AC franchise is.

Battle Royale was their big first party game for Vita, but I think we were all expecting an inFamous or God of War title. Battle Royal looks great and has some great features, but it's also virtually a 1:1 port of a PS3 game... so there's not a lot of "must buy Vita" going around for Battle Royal.

All in all, Vita has the features and downloadable titles I want right now. The PSN games look spectacular, but seriously... we need to see Call of Duty running on that thing asap.

darkwing

He really just danced around the question.

Geoff asked why didn't they announce first party games, and why did we only see AC3 and a CoD logo, and Tretton answers that it's only 4 months old, and games like AC3 and CoD are coming. There was literally no answer to that question, and Geoff did a poor job of cornering him.

Videogame journalism, lol.

he just handled him with kid gloves, he should have gone for the kill just like Joel did

Jumpman23

I think Sony knows this year is the swan song for the PS3, hence the lack of Vita support. Next year they will launch the Orbis and will need to put all of their focus on that to compete with Durango and Wii U. Once again, only Sony can kill Sony.

VanWinkle

So according to Jack Tretton, we should feel reassured because we have games now and there will be more games out this year? Wow, that's going to make a bunch of people buy Vitas!

Honestly, I'm really pretty upset right now. It feels like they just shoved out, as Tretton said "the fat", which seems to be the Vita for Sony.

What the hell is going on in this thread, I am not even a Vita owner but I see straight up trolling by some posters. Though the conference didn't dedicate an appropriate amount to vita games ( which was disappointing), there are still tonnes of games being released especially since its only been 4 months since launch. So cut the shit and quite repeating and saying " Lack of games" Where are the games?!" etc. Its pathetic and you sound like a broken record.

Ponn

Banned
60 new games coming!

None of them worth announcing!

Exactly, go to Amazon and click on Vita games beyond July. Seriously it only shows two games Madden and Ragnarok. I'm showing more passion and love for my Vita then Sony is, this is ridiculous with their attitude.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
This is what THIS thread does to people:

I came here believing the "VITA has no games" threads ...and see that its all BS. Funny how I would not have considered getting a Vita before seeing this amazing OT, I stand educated. Sony should have put more of the Japanese Vita stuff in their conference.

The best game in the next 2 years will be the new Legend of Heroes anyway; hopefully it's enough to give the system a boost among neglected RPG fans.

Do you guys realize what you are doing? Do you? You guys are painting a negative image of a console that has a GREAT lineup of games and give people the impression there is nothing coming out. Sony had a poor showing, but this thread is even worse.

Psi

He said that Vita's launch window compares favorably to other platforms (it does) and that there are 60 new games coming within the next 12 months, so you can take this opportunity to focus on the 40+ games that are already released on the platform.

I wish he would tell us what some of these 60 upcoming games are, because I know of about 5 at most. Which may or may not be any good.

Edit: But the main problem is the "we don't give a damn" attitude that Sony seems to be showing towards the Vita.

What the hell is going on in this thread, I am not even a Vita owner but I see straight up trolling by some posters. Though the conference didn't dedicate an appropriate amount to vita games ( which was disappointing), there are still tonnes of games being released especially since its only been 4 months since launch. So cut the shit and quite repeating and saying " Lack of games" Where are the games?!" etc. Its pathetic and you sound like a broken record.

Some of the posts are pathetic, but Sony really dropped the ball.

Ponn

Banned

Do you guys realize what you are doing? Do you? You guys are painting a negative image of a console that has a GREAT lineup of games and give people the impression there is nothing coming out. Sony had a poor showing, but this thread is even worse.

Because people on message boards can get this info just fine. By Sony not SHOWING all these games last night journalists are reporting today Vita had a poor showing or nothing at all besides AC to the public reading their sites. By only showing these games on the floor the chances are really poor for them to get any attention from journalists on strict schedules at E3 and limited to what they can see and play. That is the problem.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!

I think I speak for most people that have owned a Vita since launch that this is disappointing. You want to get people excited about your product through E3. Look at the press that Wonderbook is getting. Vita appears to have died a very public death yesterday. I love mine and save for like two or three games, i have nothing down the pike to look forward to. Sony should have been balls to the wall yesterday on the Vita, but they were the polar opposite so in our eyes; those people that have invested in this platform, we look at this like shit just got really real now.

Maxim726X

You seem to be ignoring the fact that Sony has an obligation to sell consoles.

What have they done to rectify the fact that no one is buying the Vita? I notice you didn't comment on ANY of the things I mentioned a few pages ago that would sell more consoles... And all of those ideas tap into the huge collection of games in Sony's catalog.

They needed something drastic. Why do you ignore this fact?

eznark

Banned
Speaking of Apple, they demoed more iOS games on stage at the last iPad announcement than Sony did for Vita yesterday.

Yeah, realizing that I won't be spending any money on my vita any time soon has pushed me to finally upgrade my ipad this week.

SkylineRKR

I own a Vita since launch and am greatly disappointed.

Its not really rocket science. Sony just released a system, and 3 months later there is E3 where they hardly even TRY to push their new product up front. Thats something I never seen before and such an act doesn't really gel with press and public alike. The Vita has had a shitty performance right before E3. This was the ideal stage and moment to capture the crowd, turn the tables. You can't get a better opportunity than this. But they didn't do shit.

And I know Sony. When they stop babbling about something, let it be sharing sales numbers or a new peripheral (Move) or the Go, it means they're doing a crappy job. This was to me a vote of no confidence or something close to it. I wouldn't be surprised if the Vita's dead by next year when the next-gen warming up is being initiated. Unless something drastic happens. But what? E3 at least didn't teach anything. The Vita has dual sticks and thats awesome, but we haven't seen an online FPS running on it besides the lacklustre Resistance. All we got is a logo of the first(?) Black Ops game. We once saw logos of RE Portable and Agent too.

CoLaN

What's going on in this thread? Yes, they should have done a better showcase of upcoming vita tites, but the lineup for this year is not bad. Im not regretting my purchase at all, especially with titles like lbp vita coming soon. Screen, ui and online capabilities of the console are great, and i love the dual stick setup and the so-called (by some people) gimmicks like the rear touchpad.

Some posts are reasonable, but some others seem plain trolling.

graywolf323

What's going on in this thread? Yes, they should have done a better showcase of upcoming vita tites, but the lineup for this year is not bad. Im not regretting my purchase at all, especially with titles like lbp vita coming soon. Screen, ui and online capabilities of the console are great, and i love the dual stick setup and the so-called (by some people) gimmicks like the rear touchpad.

the internet is full of drama queens

Maxim726X

And all of it goes to waste because Sony didn't show a cogent plan and confidence in their product when it needed it most.

People are disappointed because it's a beautiful system that is failing. And Sony doesn't seem to be doing anything to stop it.

VanWinkle

Are you serious? E3 is THE place to announce new games and show the best of what's coming. We didn't get that. We didn't get either of those, in fact. That's why a lot of us are upset. Yes, there are good new games coming. Good games are coming to every system. But that's not an excuse to brush the Vita off to the side during the conference.

slider

GAF, I enjoy my Vita. This thread makes me sad :(

I haven't had a chance to really read the thread but I can guess what it's like.

And I agree totally. I get through portable games much quicker than console obviously so, whilst I'm not too worried about new titles on the Vita, negativity gets to me!

Shinriji

Well, after the Nintendo conference, my thought is that no one is safe. Well, Vita still have COD, AC, Madden, Persona and NFS.

Ponn

Banned
Well, after the Nintendo conference, my thought is that no one is safe. Well, Vita still have COD, AC, Madden, Persona and NFS.

Nintendo actually showed 3DS games at their conference and even have an entire conference devoted to 3DS tomorrow. That is how you promote your handheld and instill confidence.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Yeaaaah. I'm going to try to sell mine this weekend. I was hoping Sony would go crazy on the Vita front, but...wow.

This was the year to do it, too... The PS3 cycle is winding down, and the Vita really needed some huge announcements. I wanted Sony to convince me to buy one. The hardware is awesome, but I just need some cool looking games to pick one up. Looks like I will continue to not own one. So disappointing.

CoLaN

Are you serious? E3 is THE place to announce new games and show the best of what's coming. We didn't get that. We didn't get either of those, in fact. That's why a lot of us are upset. Yes, there are good new games coming. Good games are coming to every system. But that's not an excuse to brush the Vita off to the side during the conference.

E3 is a huge event, but not the only one. Anyway, they should have done a better job showcasing the games (and i wrote that).

What i said was directed at the people that are actually denying the existence of good games coming this year.

People are saying that they want to sell the system: what's the point, if the actual games are coming out? Are you interested in the games, or do you care about the marketing stuff that's around them? Of course it's important, as a console that doesn't sell will lose third party support, but that's another matter.

Priz

Battle Royal was their big first party game for Vita, but I think we were all expecting an inFamous or God of War title.
Oh man... I didn't think of it before, but now the thought of an inFamous Vita game would make me really happy. (I was really interested in inFamous ever since the first E3 teaser trailer...)

Hopefully we'll get that, (you KNOW eventually we'll get a God of War Vita game), and some US/JP PS1 support so I can get my XI/XI Jumbo/XI Go fix (unless Shift decides to make a new XI game for the Vita)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiKaJ4GWZjs

So much fun...

Wait, what? - some people are actually now planning on selling their Vita's?? No amount of head shaking suffices.

Oh well, as I love to say, "fill yer boots, I'll be at the bar". Even if Sony completely folds with Vita within a couple of years (extremely unlikely), I'll have more than enough content to enjoy and and, even with the current amount of titles, I've more than justified my purchase.

DSGamer

Neo Member
Wait, what? - some people are actually now planning on selling their Vita's?? No amount of head shaking suffices.

Oh well, as I love to say, "fill yer boots, I'll be at the bar". Even if Sony completely folds with Vita within a couple of years (extremely unlikely), I'll have more than enough content to enjoy and and, even with the current amount of titles, I've more than justified my purchase.

I think you miss the point entirely. I have FIFA, Lumines, Hot Shots Golf and 7 or 8 other games not to mention a slew of PSP games myself. So yes, I could, in theory, keep playing all the stuff I have for a while to go. The problem isn't that there are absolutely no games now. The problem is that you want some assurance that the console is going to thrive to the extent that it gets new games later once you're bored or finished with your current games.

I think you miss the point entirely. I have FIFA, Lumines, Hot Shots Golf and 7 or 8 other games not to mention a slew of PSP games myself. So yes, I could, in theory, keep playing all the stuff I have for a while to go. The problem isn't that there are absolutely no games now. The problem is that you want some assurance that the console is going to thrive to the extent that it gets new games later once you're bored or finished with your current games.

There's no point that I'm missing. If you feel justified in selling yours off after a dissapointing showing at E3, go for it. No one's stopping you.

Fixed1979

This exactly. I love that thing, it is the best portable system I've ever owned without a doubt. From the OS to physical design, it just seems to work for me. I've got more than enough to play on it (most likely because I dabble in lots of genres). I know there's games coming, I'm surprised that they didn't include more Vita in the conference but in the end I don't much care.

dr_rus

This was the year to do it, too... The PS3 cycle is winding down, and the Vita really needed some huge announcements. I wanted Sony to convince me to buy one. The hardware is awesome, but I just need some cool looking games to pick one up. Looks like I will continue to not own one. So disappointing.
There are several cool looking Vita games out there right now. Go buy them.

You seem to be ignoring the fact that Sony has an obligation to sell consoles.

What have they done to rectify the fact that no one is buying the Vita? I notice you didn't comment on ANY of the things I mentioned a few pages ago that would sell more consoles... And all of those ideas tap into the huge collection of games in Sony's catalog.

They needed something drastic. Why do you ignore this fact?

And yes there are some good games on the vita, but most people aren't dropping $250+ on a console with an uncertain future. Apparently so uncertain that it deserved less time in the presentation than the psp got the year before last.

Apparently SCEA's booth has a Vita running Hatsune Miku. Does SCEA demo games at E3 that aren't going to be localized?

I was hoping Sony at the conference would announce they are making the Vita the easiest device to localize content on. I assume its some silly requirement on their end thats keeping games like Tales and Lord of from coming over and Namco/SE don't want to sell the rights to someone else

Maybe they are aiming for that direction? I mean if you don't want to support it, fine. At least get rid of any requirements you might have like requiring English voice acting or whatnot

I could be way off base though, I have no idea what it takes to bring a game over

Top Bottom