• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does PS Vita exist / Lack of Vita games at E3

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
See now I see why ppl say yall are probably trolling. TGS is the E3 of Japanese companies. It isn't DEAD infact I find it more relevant than E3 simply because more games I like are announced and shown there. Lol @ you dismissing TGS like its a random lesser show. Smh

Japanese developers and publishers have been treating it as a lesser show the past few years. The show floor is literally half the size that it use to be. Sounds like you just aren't up to speed on what's gone down with TGS over the past half of decade or so.

Honestly seems like all of the events except for Gamescom have gone down. We tend to just get a ton more stuff spaced out throughout the year now via websites/magazines/smaller individual press events/other industries who have events where games can tie into into.

if you buy a system or anything really and find that there are no games or support for it the I'm sorry that's on you bro.

Shit costs too much to make quick decisions. The key is to map out atleast 7-10 games you know you will get and decide that if that's it would it be worth it...if not..then don't buy it.

This happens with damn near every system (minus the diss at e3 from it's own company....lolsony). Wii had TP and stuff at launch and it took a while (IIRC) for Galaxy and Brawl to hit. The 3DS's struggle is obvious. the 360 kinda had a bunch of ports and meh games outside(Dud Halo 3 launch with it?). The PS3 might have been lucky (or unlucky) since the 360 was hitting it's stride and it got the benefit of that. But the first year of systems seemingly always has a drought...it's how things go. If you are that quick to regret things, then you are probably better off waiting.

Now will Sony fix this? who knows. Japan is quiet here at e3 so there is a very very verrrry small chance that they have some nice titles in the wings...and if not then well it's fucked. But that's the part of being an early adopter.

You have no one to blame for this but yourself....or god/Delita

vaelic

Banned
See now I see why ppl say yall are probably trolling. TGS is the E3 of Japanese companies. It isn't DEAD infact I find it more relevant than E3 simply because more games I like are announced and shown there. Lol @ you dismissing TGS like its a random lesser show. Smh
What he says is true. Tgs is dead

Well there is still GameScom I guess. Sony treats it pretty much equal to E3 nowadays. Last year Resistance Vita and Unit 13 were announced in GameScom.

Much like the PSP, if you're not seriously interested in Japanese developers, importing, and brushing up on Japanese, you're probably going to be a bit disappointed by the Vita.

Call of Duty could sell a lot of Vitas.

Not sure. If it was a fully compatible Black Ops II, with all the features of the main game, yes. But Black Ops Declassified seems a minor version with small missions not related with the regular game. Like the DS or PSP CoD games.

Also, CoD sells because of the online. Without a great online and a great community, the game won't sell. In order to sell in Vita it needs to offer crossplay with console (at least some game modes and/or maps), and maybe something extra (social features using Vita specifications) to make the version interesting enough for some console CoD players to spend more than $250 in it.

BigDug13

if you buy a system or anything really and find that there are no games or support for it the I'm sorry that's on you bro.

Shit costs too much to make quick decisions. The key is to map out atleast 7-10 games you know you will get and decide that if that's it would it be worth it...if not..then don't buy it.

This happens with damn near every system (minus the diss at e3 from it's own company....lolsony). Wii had TP and stuff at launch and it took a while (IIRC) for Galaxy and Brawl to hit. The 3DS's struggle is obvious. the 360 kinda had a bunch of ports and meh games outside(Dud Halo 3 launch with it?). The PS3 might have been lucky (or unlucky) since the 360 was hitting it's stride and it got the benefit of that. But the first year of systems seemingly always has a drought...it's how things go. If you are that quick to regret things, then you are probably better off waiting.

Now will Sony fix this? who knows. Japan is quiet here at e3 so there is a very very verrrry small chance that they have some nice titles in the wings...and if not then well it's fucked. But that's the part of being an early adopter.

You have no one to blame for this but yourself....or god/Delita

Sony has built up trust in their name in gaming over the years. Never before have you had to make such "considerations" before purchasing a Sony game system.

So you are saying it's our fault if we saw that Sony was releasing a new gaming system and had a minimum expectation of support because we didn't do enough research? It's a Sony Playstation Gaming System. That should be the END of anything I need to know. The fact that the Sony name is no longer enough to be able to blind-buy their newest gaming system is honestly troubling for their future in this industry.

But I guess if you bought a Vita, it's your own fault or something....

The PS2 was awesome but even it had a dry period at the start, IIRC.

It's the way things are now.

I'm just saying that if you are so quick to feel betrayed or abandoned after 4 months, to sell your Vita that perhaps you shouldn't had bought it in the first place.

I don't want to come off as a Sony apologist as not showing shit or having shit now is pretty damn stupid but the whole "IMMA SELL MAH SHIT" posts (that aren't trolls) has always been funny to me.

It's not a given anymore that there will be enough games...Sony or not. If there isn't enough games to your knowledge from jump or even a system seller, then why buy it day 1?

Sony fucked up....but some of you set yourselves up for the fall.

Strike

I'm still going to buy one, but they did not make a good case for it at all. That fact that they gave more time to a peripheral was absolutely astonishing. I'll wait for Gamescom and TGS to see if anything changes, but I'm not holding my breath. It's going to be a rough holiday.

RpgN

After having calmed down about the way Sony neglected the PS Vita, I don't think it's doom and gloom or time to sell the Vita. There is still more than enough to look forward to and I'm sure at some point new awesome games will be revealed. I don't regret having one (it was a gift), it looks like it's pretty healthy for this year even if Sony pretended like it doesn't exist.

Currently looking forward to the following games:

1. Gavity Daze
2. Ragnarok Odyssey
3. Persona 4
4. Hatsune Miku F
5. Ys IV
6. Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki
7. Final Fantasy X
8. Soul Sacrifice
9. Little Big Planet

Have some interest in:

10. AC Liberation
11. Little Big Karting
12. Sly game
13. Snapshot
14. Dokuro
15. Phantasy Star 2
16. Jet Set Radio
17. Super Monkeyball
18. More games!

Getting reminded by these games, the Vita is going to be fine, at least for a while. I hope Sony gets their act together and show some effort before it's too late. The Vita has a huge potential, it deserves more than how it has been treated by both the publishers and gamers.

Nakiro

So Warriors Lair/Ruin is MIA at the E3 this year?
Seems that way, if I recall correctly it changed developers and Idol Minds isn't doing it anymore. So it might be going through some major changes.
Hopefully it turns out for better.

Xenon

Seems that way, if I recall correctly it changed developers and Idol Minds isn't doing it anymore. So it might be going through some major changes.
Hopefully it turns out for better.

Maybe the canceled it since Diablo 3 is coming to the PS3/Vita ;)

kitch9

Banned
I was waiting to buy a Vita until after E3. The lack of a bundle, price drop, or even games shown just completely turned me off. I'll just take whatever money I have saved for it and upgrade my phone to a Galaxy S3 and be on my merry way. Price drop or bundle sony, thats the only way you'll get any traction on this thing.

Why the fuck would Sony announce a price drop at the quietest time of the year? Yes, the few thousand people who actually watch the conference are pissed but who cares? Journalists can actually play plenty of games on the show floor, surely that's better than a random trailer of a game that actually turns out to be nothing like the actual game?

Seriously, some of you need to get a grip....

hyogen

Neo Member
After having calmed down about the way Sony neglected the PS Vita, I don't think it's doom and gloom or time to sell the Vita. There is still more than enough to look forward to and I'm sure at some point new awesome games will be revealed. I don't regret having one (it was a gift), it looks like it's pretty healthy for this year even if Sony pretended like it doesn't exist.

Currently looking forward to the following games:

1. Gavity Daze
2. Ragnarok Odyssey
3. Persona 4
4. Hatsune Miku F
5. Ys IV
6. Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki
7. Final Fantasy X
8. Soul Sacrifice
9. Little Big Planet

Have some interest in:

10. AC Liberation
11. Little Big Karting
12. Sly game
13. Snapshot
14. Dokuro
15. Phantasy Star 2
16. Jet Set Radio
17. Super Monkeyball
18. More games!

Getting reminded by these games, the Vita is going to be fine, at least for a while. I hope Sony gets their act together and show some effort before it's too late. The Vita has a huge potential, it deserves more than how it has been treated by both the publishers and gamers.

the only game I see myself buying is little big planet. meanwhile, i'm trying to get rid of the few games I have which I never play anymore

Top Bottom