• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dolphin - Emulating Wii and Gamecube Games

Chairhome

akskiller said:
Is it possible to use a real wiimote with built in motion plus and emulate the nunchuck? I tried the hybrid wiiimote motion option but it doesn't recognize motion plus and just prompts me to plug in the motion plus accessory.
that happens to me sometimes, just remove and plug in the plus and nunchuck, might take a few tries.

Randomizer

Thoraxes said:
Duuuuuude, there are tons of websites using our images from here.
Also my config and build used are being reported like everywhere.
I am using your config and build too lol. Thank you by the way, game works flawlessly and looks so good.

Theonik

Thoraxes said:
Duuuuuude, there are tons of websites using our images from here.
Also my config and build used are being reported like everywhere.
The power of the Skyward Sword.
I've posted some shots I found here to other sites occasionally though I try and link back to this thread when I do.

Chairhome

akskiller said:
Do you have the motion plus accessory or wiimote with built in motion plus?
Ah, I missed that part. I am using an M+ Accessory. I thought I had read that some people here have used the built in M+ controllers though.

Randomizer

whitehawk said:
You should make a game guide for the OP.
Do people still make them? I haven't seen one in quite a while. I'm pretty sure Xenoblade doesn't even have one yet. Also he should probably hold out as I'm sure that they will be releasing a revision very soon that fixes all the problems that the latest versions seem to be experiencing.

Thoraxes

felipepl said:
Wow, there are sites using our pics out there? Name me some, I have to know if I'm also Internet famous.
I've only seen your pics on the dolphin forums by a guy with the same username!

Also yes, I can probably do a Dolphin guide for SS when I actually get the game.

Fun stats: My SS Albums on Abload have used over 100 GB of bandwidth, and have over 60,000 views.

Peterthumpa

Thoraxes said:
I've only seen your pics on the dolphin forums by a guy with the same username!

Also yes, I can probably do a Dolphin guide for SS when I actually get the game.

Fun stats: My SS Albums on Abload have used over 100 GB of bandwidth, and have over 60,000 views.
Yeah, that's me around there too. Actually the OP for the game was my dirty little work. What's your album address?

Thoraxes

felipepl said:
Yeah, that's me around there too. Actually the OP for the game was my dirty little work. What's your album address?
They're just from the demo, but there are 4 of them with 20 images each.
http://abload.de/gallery.php?key=ctpiSw9y
http://abload.de/gallery.php?key=fZGeNCpw
http://abload.de/gallery.php?key=cvaQ1ukr
http://abload.de/gallery.php?key=uExOH62B

The gallery pages themselves for some reason aren't updated with view counts and bandwidth usage, but on my control panel page, I can see it all.

Thrakier

Azar said:
I'm about 95% stable on rev. 7719 with the i5 around that speed. Locked LLE to core, 4x resolution, 16x filtering, no AA. Rarely get any slowdown.

Please tell me how? I just tested that revision and with the same settings in both versions the 7719 rev is 6 to 8 frames SLOWER than with 3.0....

TheExodu5

Banned
Thoraxes said:
They're just from the demo, but there are 4 of them with 20 images each.
http://abload.de/gallery.php?key=ctpiSw9y
http://abload.de/gallery.php?key=fZGeNCpw
http://abload.de/gallery.php?key=cvaQ1ukr
http://abload.de/gallery.php?key=uExOH62B

The gallery pages themselves for some reason aren't updated with view counts and bandwidth usage, but on my control panel page, I can see it all.

Looking at your pics: why do the screenshots look like a double image? It's like watching a 3D movie without 3D glasses. Is this an emulation issue? Or is this a problem with the game itself?

For example:

daxp01-27dccku.png

Mairu

TheExodu5 said:
Looking at your pics: why do the screenshots look like a double image? It's like watching a 3D movie without 3D glasses. Is this an emulation issue? Or is this a problem with the game itself?

For example:

http://www.abload.de/img/daxp01-27dccku.png[img][/quote]
I found that if you disable AA the image is a lot clearer, starting from Thoraxes' settings

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
TheExodu5 said:

For example:

http://www.abload.de/img/daxp01-27dccku.png[img][/QUOTE]
Glitches with the DOF stuff I believe.

Citizen K

Is there a glitch with skyward swords AA in dolphin? I'm using Thoraxes' exact settings. I get weird glitches with 8x AA. But if I turn the AA off it works fine. Its like AA messes with the games watercolour style. With 8xAA the watercolour effect is greatly diminished (with glitches) and with AA off the watercolour is back and no glitches. See below:

With 8 x AA (glitch above and to the right of Link) + 'watercolour' artstyle gone:
5912ed2e.png

With NO AA (no glitches) + prominent watercolour background:
bfe054da.png

Thoraxes

TheExodu5 said:

For example:

daxp01-27dccku.png
TheExodu5 said:
7719M is not detecting the fact that I'm using a Motion Plus Wiimote.
Take it all out and re-plug it in (worked for me with the demo). If you are using the solid Wii remote (no attachment), I have no idea. It's been working for my friends.

As for the double image, i've found that I don't really notice it too much when in motion, but when I took screens it was really apparent. It's something to do with the way the DOF works with the AA. Changing that helps make more clarity, but well, more aliasing.

Also Felipepl, your shots are on Joystiq now!

Now you're internet famous too!

Peterthumpa

TheExodu5 said:
Yeah, not liking the visuals in Zelda due to the annoying DOF. I'm seeing doubles everywhere. :|
Are you playing on Dolphin? Double images are definitely not a problem for me, hardly noticeable.

CaLe

Anyone else here is having a black screen appear every frame or so ?

I get that no matter which game I play, and its extremely annoying. I would play and then that black screen would flash for an instant.

It's driving me nuts, can anyone help me out please ?

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Ugh; this has been a nightmare. Installing Dolphin was easy enough; but getting the .iso of a game off my wii is a bitch. Installing the HBC was easy as pie; but now I'm dealing with installing IOSes, missing 248 or something, using a program called NUSD. I've been at this for 2 hours and still haven't gotten close to ripping a damn game.

Mistle

Skel1ingt0n said:
Ugh; this has been a nightmare. Installing Dolphin was easy enough; but getting the .iso of a game off my wii is a bitch. Installing the HBC was easy as pie; but now I'm dealing with installing IOSes, missing 248 or something, using a program called NUSD. I've been at this for 2 hours and still haven't gotten close to ripping a damn game.
If you legitimately own the game, but are having troubles ripping it, then I guess it should be ok to acquire the .iso by other means.

So before I buy "Bluesoleil" like the OP did, I was going to try "Windows Bluetooth Stack" to detect my WiiMote. Is that something that should have come with Windows 7 or is that something I need to download?

TheExodu5

Banned
Skel1ingt0n said:
Rip the game on your Wii using Configurable USB Loader and transfer it over with Wii Backup Manager (a PC program).

Thoraxes

MisterAnderson said:
So before I buy "Bluesoleil" like the OP did, I was going to try "Windows Bluetooth Stack" to detect my WiiMote. Is that something that should have come with Windows 7 or is that something I need to download?
Whatever you do, don't update the Win7 bluetooth drivers, the new ones break controller support in Dolphin for Wiimotes.

The bluetooh drivers Win7 shipped with work perfectly for me with both Dolphin and with my PS3 controller with Motionjoy.

If you have, uninstall and delete the driver in your driver manager and keep rolling back until it goes to one that doesn't have a Japanese name.

Thoraxes said:
Whatever you do, don't update the Win7 bluetooth drivers, the new ones break controller support in Dolphin for Wiimotes.

The bluetooh drivers Win7 shipped with work perfectly for me with both Dolphin and with my PS3 controller with Motionjoy.

If you have, uninstall and delete the driver in your driver manager and keep rolling back until it goes to one that doesn't have a Japanese name.

Doesn't Win7 auto update shit on it's own? How do I disable that feature for just the wiimote?

Thoraxes

MisterAnderson said:
Doesn't Win7 auto update shit on it's own? How do I disable that feature for just the wiimote?
Yeah it does, which is why when that happened I stopped it from doing it automatically.

You can't disable just that feature for the wiimote because then you can't use the wiimote at all. It's the bluetooth driver for the OS.

What you do is go into device manager, right-click on your bluetooth device, right-click and hit properties, and then look for a tab that has driver information. Choose to either roll back or delete the current driver. Additionally, you can delete the device and all drivers associated with it, and then re-plugin the device and it may reinstall the older ones.

I'm still working on my boot camp. You wouldn't believe how difficult this has been. I would have figured it would have been straight forward, and it was up until I needed to install the drivers. If you have Lion you're screwed because you need an OSX install CD. Not only that, but for some reason the drivers scarcely available online.

Anyway... I've got the drivers downloading, and I should have it all running soon. I'm interested to see if I'll have any difference on Windows.

Thoraxes

From what i'm told by my MBP toting friends, is that gaming as a whole is just smoother and better on their Windows side.

Especially in TF2. That one was the most noticeable.

So I got my Wiimote to work but once I stop playing for a while my WiiMote loses sync to my PC. It's still listed as a bluetooth device on my "Devices and Printers" page as "Nintendo RVL-CNT-01" but I have no clue how to reconnect it without starting the entire "adding a device" process over again.

Edit: When the game start up Dolphin shows my CPU stats on the top left. It lists my i7 920 as 2.67 GHz when it's overclocked to 3.9 GHz. Is it somehow scaling my processor speed back to stock?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Thoraxes said:

Its a Chinese name, and I thought they fixed that months ago.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You can't play it with a Wii Remote, but the 360 Controller will work no problem. You can even have rumble, which most USB GCN Adapters don't support.

Awesome, good to know. And how are you guys taking screenshots? FRAPS screenshots is definitely not working with Dolphin for me, neither is it's FPS counter.

Beats

MisterAnderson said:
Awesome, good to know. And how are you guys taking screenshots? FRAPS screenshots is definitely not working with Dolphin for me, neither is it's FPS counter.

Dolphin has a built in screenshot function (F9), and an FPS counter option in the graphics settings.

Is d3d9 or openGL better for running Wind Waker? I read that either of those are better than d3d11 due to Depth of Field issues that game has. And is there a way to customize graphics/setting profiles for each game or do I have to manually change these settings each time I want to run a different game?

Edit: Constant sound glitches in Wind Waker normal?

Top Bottom