• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dolphin - Emulating Wii and Gamecube Games

jediyoshi

Hmm is there a tutorial on how to set this up?

It's pretty straightforward. Right click the game in the game list > Properties > Gecko Codes tab.
Hit the Download Codes button then scroll down and find "Instant Text (160x Normal Text Speed)" and check the box.
Hit the Config button on the toolbar and make sure "Enable Cheats" is checked.

Tomodachi

It's pretty straightforward. Right click the game in the game list > Properties > Gecko Codes tab.
Hit the Download Codes button then scroll down and find "Instant Text (160x Normal Text Speed)" and check the box.
Hit the Config button on the toolbar and make sure "Enable Cheats" is checked.
Is the code by any chance US only? I looked for it in the retrieved list and couldn't find it, maybe cause I have the european version of the game :(

jediyoshi

Is the code by any chance US only? I looked for it in the retrieved list and couldn't find it, maybe cause I have the european version of the game :(
Yeah, codes are usually region unique unfortunately

While the properties window is open, hit the Edit Config button on the bottom left
ctrl+f to text speed modifier
Add a + infront of the first line so it looks like this

+$Text Speed Modifier (XXXX Times Normal Text Speed) [brkirch]

Change 3880XXXX to 388000A0
Save and close
I'm guessing that'd work as it's the equivalent value from the US code

Ledsen

Can anyone tell me the optimal dolphin build and settings for Xenoblade? I'm on some special xenoblade-hacked build and I'm using the 30 fps patch, but in battle i still go down to 20 fps sometimes. Running i5 2500k @ stock 3.3 Ghz.

Yeah, codes are usually region unique unfortunately

While the properties window is open, hit the Edit Config button on the bottom left
ctrl+f to text speed modifier
Add a + infront of the first line so it looks like this

+$Text Speed Modifier (XXXX Times Normal Text Speed) [brkirch]

Change 3880XXXX to 388000A0
Save and close
I'm guessing that'd work as it's the equivalent value from the US code
Is there any way to run this on a regular wii version of the game? it would be a godsend.

I have my skyward sword backup loaded off a USB harddrive BTW, using the GAF Wii Homebrew Guide.

-Idk if I asked this here before, but is there any way to get rid of the bug-caught and item-grabbed notifications, like the Rupee notifications every time you booted Twilight Princess for example?

-PXG-

What versions are you guys using? I'm on 3.0-354-dirty. Anything I should know or any tweaks and ehancements I should use. Oh, also, my specs:

i5 2500k
GTX 560 (x2)
16 GB RAM
Windows 7 (64 bit)

I'm using a real Wiimote. My turn my Wii on to power my sensor bar.

BlackBeetleKing

Neo Member
Wii WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008
w1.png

w2.png

w3.png

w4.png

w5.png

w6.png

Ledsen

Can anyone tell me the optimal dolphin build and settings for Xenoblade? I'm on some special xenoblade-hacked build and I'm using the 30 fps patch, but in battle i still go down to 20 fps sometimes. Running i5 2500k @ stock 3.3 Ghz.

Anyone?

Beats

Does anyone know if there's a limit to the number of codes (lines) you are allowed to use in Dolphin? If there is, is there any way to increase it? I'm playing through Tales of Symphonia 2, and started modifying a number of encounters to make them more difficult but when I launch the game it crashes at the start now :|

I remember there being something that allowed 8000+ lines when I played one of the Brawl mods, but I don't know if that would work with Dolphin or if there is something similar.

edit: After digging through revision changes it looks like it only allows 231 lines. I just happened to hit exactly that, and can't add anymore.

Shiggy

What's this now?

Metroid Prime 3 E3 03/03/2006 Prototype
http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36899

Info:
Name: Metroid Prime 3 E3 Prototype demo (For Gamecube dev hardware)

Date: 03/03/2006
Dumped: 11/22/2011

Dumper: emu_kidid
Source: NPDP Cart

Info:
This prototype demo was developed to run on Gamecube hardware (GDEV?) with 128MB RAM. It was found on an NPDP Cart and dumped via usual methods. Videos of it running at E3 can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzATtZ8RraI although what is dumped here is an even earlier version as you will see (although it looks very similar) since it's running with an actual Wii remote and nunchuk and it appears to be further developed. It appears to be compiled with a strange version of the SDK as it has "RVL" strings for WPAD and KPAD dating back to 2005.

Getting this running:
Either try on a GDEV, or use Dolphin-emu with 128MB emulated RAM size.
Shuffle2 was kind enough to make a version of Dolphin-emu (http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/) to run this early prototype. A x64 pre-compiled version is provided in this archive, otherwise, you'll need to compile your own from these changes (http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu...588ec218d1d0ba).

What is the IPS patch for?:
The patch will simply change the GameId (first 4 bytes of the Disc Image) to "GM2E" so that Dolphin can run it (as a Gamecube Game).

Credits:
- ASSEMbler community for their donations to get this out there
- shuffle2 for his Dolphin-emu work on getting this specific prototype demo running

Nabs

Lol, I just played a few minutes of Skyward Sword on a Wii & HDTV.

I'm never ever doing that again.

Borman

Using OSX, so things arent as quick or as bug-free as the Windows version. Here are some shots of the Metroid Prime build anyway:
aRSI3.png

4nGn4.png

UBlSE.png

YENAc.png

eFQqK.png

s2Vx5.png

CfQxj.png

bV2WO.png

mk4eU.png

x7wL4.png

udivision

I'm sorry, at this point the Melee stuff isn't particularly impressive or good looking like some of the other stuff we've seen in this thread. It's cool nonetheless...

jediyoshi

I'm sorry, at this point the Melee stuff isn't particularly impressive or good looking like some of the other stuff we've seen in this thread. It's cool nonetheless...
For a game over a decade old, it scales up better than a lot of current Wii games. I'd be the first to tell you fountain of dreams isn't a good representation of it, especially when half of the shot is obscured by an effect that doesn't gracefully scale.

Yeah, not exactly what I was expecting since Fountain of Dreams looks so gorgeous when playing in SD.

Character models still look ace though.

RS4-

Ok, since I'd rather not play Skyward Sword on my Wii is there a solution for this particular problem?

I don't have a wireless sensor bar alone by itself, so I just have the Wii plugged in (but off); I do have the wiimote paired with my PC and everything works fine except for games like Skyward Sword, Red Steel 2, etc where I have to calibrate the cursor. For example in SS, after you lay the wiimote down on a flat surface, it asks you to point to the center of the screen and push A.

I can't unless I turn on the Wii long enough to get the cursor up, then I turn off the Wii.

Is it possible to bypass this step?

Appleman

For a game over a decade old, it scales up better than a lot of current Wii games. I'd be the first to tell you fountain of dreams isn't a good representation of it, especially when half of the shot is obscured by an effect that doesn't gracefully scale.

I'm actually surprised that the reflection resolution scales with the output resolution. Looks WAY better in dolphin than on the actual Cube.

Also love how they seem to be using N64-esque models in the reflection

Utako

Banned
Naturally the core assets aren't as "impressive," but you can't say meh to good art direction, which Brawl has in hearts and spades.

celebi23

So, I'm thinking about messing around with Dolphin a bit now that my sister took my Wii back to school (she's just using it for Netflix). Here are my MacBook Pro's specs:

Intel Core i7 2.66 GHz
4 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

Do you think I'll be able to run Dolphin?

Special J

Banned
So, I'm thinking about messing around with Dolphin a bit now that my sister took my Wii back to school (she's just using it for Netflix). Here are my MacBook Pro's specs:

Intel Core i7 2.66 GHz
4 GM RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

lol

Theonik

C2D E6750 2.66GHZ
X1950 Radeon (possibly 2 of them)
2GB RAM

for wii games, possible?
You won't be getting terribly pleasing results with that. I was using a similar setup at one point and performance for Wii games is pretty iffy with such specs. I had a e6600@3GHz and a 7950GT for reference. If you have the rig you could also test it yourself I guess.

Intel Core i7 2.66 GHz
4 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

Yes.. I've toy'ed with dolphin on my i3 imac w/ 512 ATI Radeon HD 5670, some games will work some won't. Mario kart, muramasa, smash bros are alright(with some tweaks). Mario Galaxy 1& 2 are a lag fest due to all the physics going on. It seams that most low processor and low gpu demanding games run fine on it.

Just gotta see what flies with your settings.

Top Bottom