• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump has biggest turnout of Superbowl Champions ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahonay

Banned
Please don't steer the conversation in a direction it was never going

So that's just a fancy way of saying you were shit posting?

Listen, I get it, you hate a certain group of people based off of stereotypes. It's just going to lead to egg on your face when you find out you're wrong about that person.
Again. I'm ok with being wrong about Rob Gronkowski. I can admit that sometimes my perceptions are wrong and take an L like a grown up. It's not a serious subject.

But sure rub it in my face I guess?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Image in the op was cited as an example of the patriots having the smallest turn out in wh sbowl history. Image is misleading since the 2015 one had staff in the photo as well, 2017 was players only. Patriots corrected it saying it was 2 less from 2015 -> 2017. In the end the news was technically correct on it beint smaller, but it was blown out of proportion. Trump is of course being a massive man child getting upset about it either way.

It was 16 fewer players, and more ancillary staff to make up for it.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
45 is obsessed with crowd size comparisons. The nonsense he kept claiming regarding his under-attended inauguration is proof of that. His completely predictable tweet simply verifies what everyone already knew.

Him tweeting about it is not necessarily "proof" that it bothers him though. It's one explanation out of several possible ones. It's plausible that it's a component, but not necessarily evidence that it's the main driving factor.

My point is, don't work yourself into a shoot. And don't automatically assume Trump is too. That's potentially dangerous.

Deepwater

Image in the op was cited as an example of the patriots having the smallest turn out in wh sbowl history. Image is misleading since the 2015 one had staff in the photo as well, 2017 was players only. Patriots corrected it saying it was 2 less from 2015 -> 2017. In the end the news was technically correct on it beint smaller, but it was blown out of proportion. Trump is of course being a massive man child getting upset about it either way.

No, it was 2 less from their 2004 visit, back when George Bush was president.

It's funny they tried making it a "gotcha" but when you consider Dubya wasn't exactly a popular president at the time either...

What they didn't mention is that they had something like 52 players show up for their 2015 visit when Obama was in office. Which is like a third of the players opting to stay at home this time around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom