• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump to declare January 20th as National Day of Patriotic Devotion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasmid

Bring on patriots day! And authority day! and Trump day! Fuck it! EVERYTHING GETS A HOLIDAY.

God damn we are so fucked.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I Am The Most Insecure Manchild In The World So Now I Shitpost From the White House Day

Dehnus

Fuck this egomaniac.

Remember Euros, your guys and galls will do this too. They just did similar things in Koblenz, like have all kinds of grand schemes and titles for their plans including "taking back Europe!" or "People are afraid to show their blond hair!" ;).

So... rather than looking away, we need to choose well. LIke not vote for the FRP, and give SV a chance :).

LOL come to think of it this fuck makes a national day of patriotic devotion on the day he was sworn in.. he wants people to worship him for years.

RCSI

...........is this real?

I, DONALD J. TRUMP, (lest you forget!)....

Is that language at the bottom normal? Speaking from a place of ignorance about this stuff.

Yeah, it's normal.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this thirteenth day of January, in the year of our Lord two thousand seventeen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-first.

BARACK OBAMA

JohnsonUT

As other have said, this needs to be hijacked and usurped into a day of protesting and honoring the protesters that have come before us.

Someone should start a white House petition demanding the trump team tell us the size of his dick so at least we'd have proof of the reason behind this type of thing.

Orbis

I assume the day The Wall (blessed by His Greatness President Donald J Trump) is completed will also be a national day.

From a few minutes ago in case you need to see it again:

It's the *taps loudspeaker* INAUGURAL ADDRESS:

ybTPhDx.jpg

Hazmat

All citizens must stand as closely together on the white ground covering to ensure no unpatriotic bits are visible to elevated cameras.

Griss

I hate to say it, but as someone who watches American sports and is fairly bemused by all the constant military pageantry and nationalist fervour this doesn't exactly seem out of character with large sections of your population or with your culture. You guys seem to love this stuff, by and large. The huge flags, the ludicrous importance placed on the anthems, the military flyovers etc... You even have a 'Pledge of Allegiance', which appears bizarre to me as an outsider.

Am I wrong?

Absolutely horrible though, and very eerie echoes of fascism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom