• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump to declare January 20th as National Day of Patriotic Devotion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exile20

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United
States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by
the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby
proclaim January 20, 2017, as National Day of Patriotic
Devotion, in order to strengthen our bonds to each other and to
our country -- and to renew the duties of Government to the
people.

So wait, just that day? So next Jan 20 is a normal day? This fucking guy.....

I wish I wasn't joking when I made this Photoshop a year ago. The jokes are long gone, and this is now the reality.

nHuVPe9.jpg

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
America was already cartoonishly patriotic for a Western first world nation as it was, what with the flag being plastered everywhere and even newscasts being all RED WHITE AND BLUR.

This crosses that line and steps into outright nationalism.

Edit:

So wait, just that day? So next Jan 20 is a normal day? This fucking guy.....
This is interesting in that it looks less like nationalism and more like self-indulgency if it's just a one time thing.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
If I'm reading this right its a day about the government remembering who they work for, rather than some sense of worshipful devotion towards the government and its leaders from the people.

I'm fine with that sentiment.

Doublespeak. Your government is devoted to you citizen, so don't question it. You wouldn't question what's good for you, would you?

The authoritarian inauguration speech already began laying the grounds for the mindjob. Direct allusions to it being unpatriotic to be divided over little things like race relations.

PInk Tape

Banned
The fact that he chose the day he was inaugurated *rolls eyes*

He's probably never even read the constitution in his life.

Well at least that day will serve as a day of protest and remembrance (for some of us) of this orange fool becoming president.

Mr. X

Wait... I've seen this photo before and swore there was some white patches you could see despite the angle. Those white patches appear to be photoshopped out? Am I wrong?
Can we get a before and after side by side? That's horrifying to think he's altering history in real time.

01/20 is hereby Pee for Vendetta Day

Also, inb4 this fool re-names February as White History Month or something like All Lives Matter Month

smh

JeTmAn81

The fact that he chose the day he was inaugurated *rolls eyes*

He's probably never even read the constitution in his life.

Well at least that day will serve as a day of protest and remembrance (for some of us) of this orange fool becoming president.

Well, 1/20 has been inauguration day for almost every president since Eisenhower, so at least it's not totally Trump-centric? Then again, don't we already have Presidents' Day?

How do you retroactively declare it a National Day of Whatever, and then only for that day. What is the use of this?

And if they are going to repeat this in the next years, I welcome the National Day of Anti-Trump Protest.

Am I the only that thinks these nazi images are an overreaction to a meaningless holiday declaration? You know how many these things we already have that nobody cares about?

Apathy

This is a joke right? someones playing a big joke on us. This is some Joaquin Phoenix level of meta commentary right?

UberTag

so it's like winter july 4th? but instead of freedom it's imprisonment?

pretty sure he did this just so wallgreens and cvs can sell more cards and teddy bears.
Teddy Bears? Oh you are mistaken my friend. Those were named after Teddy Roosevelt and this day is not to celebrate him.
Walgreens and CVS will instead be selling Donny Bears for the occasion.

0cf559a18ebe868180669e824a8ec93d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom