• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM (Holiday 2017) and Wolfenstein II (2018) Announced for Nintendo Switch

Can we finally agree that Nintendo is Doomed?

Results are only viewable after voting.

sfried

High res box art:

11580187.jpg
No DOOT?

Neiteio

I'll always have my PS4 version, so I'll be fine either way.

But I'd certainly love one of my favorite games ever to play well on Switch.

Someone explain to me what's the purpose behind preview embargoes like this? I would understand if a game wasn't announced yet and they wanted to time the announcement or something, but they announced it and released a trailer and other PR material, but prevented all press from talking about it for a week or so... Why? Is it just to give everyone time to prepare their previews and not favor outlets who got to play it first?

MDave

Better to expect 30fps now, then if it is 30 there you won't feel as disappointed. It's 2016 DOOM on the Nintendo Switch!

But if it is 60fps, then it will feel like a megaton. Like letting loose a BFG blast in a room full of demons.

heringer

If the game is 30 fps then my math tells me that no 30 fps PS4 game can be ported to Switch.

For 60 fps titles:

60 - 30 = 30 fps

For 30 fps titles:

30 - 30 = 0 fps

0 fps means 30 fps PS4 games can only run as slideshows on Switch.

You can't argue with math.

If the game is 30 fps then my math tells me that no 30 fps PS4 game can be ported to Switch.

For 60 fps titles:

60 - 30 = 30 fps

For 30 fps titles:

30 - 30 = 0 fps

It just means downgrades in other areas are needed instead

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

For 60 fps titles:

60 - 30 = 30 fps

For 30 fps titles:

30 - 30 = 0 fps

That explains why third parties aren't releasing their games for Switch. The truth is they are but we cant tell because they're running at 0fps.

Top Bottom