• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom: Multiplayer Update: All DLC free, new leveling system, new UI, more

Can the mods make switch port begging an actual offense, like ban/junior? Its derailing way too many threads. Also any idea on when it goes 14.99 on psn, ill buy that shit today even though ive bought it like twice on different systems already. I fucking love doom

muzzymate

For $15, I'll finally bite. The demo (first one or two) levels were great.

Heck, $15 is worth it just to be able to listen to more Mick Gordon.

RPGCrazied

Just bought this, and had like a 20gig update, how big is this one? Plus this sounds more MP focused, which I don't even have plus. Should I even bother with this update?

Wait theres no way to disable updates on steam? Thats bullshit. I tried looking for a way and its only "always keep this up to date", "only update this game when I launch it", and "high priority. So the only way I can avoid downloading the multiplayer DLC is by uninstalling the game?

Moff

I didn'thate the multiplayer, I thought it was quite fun for a few hours
but it's still baffling how they focus all their post launch effort on it when Doom has the most celebrated singleplayer FPS campaign since Half Life 2

Chuckl3s

If you choose to purchase during the free weekend, all of your progress in campaign and multiplayer is saved and you’ll continue right from where you left off.

If I play the free weekend on Xbox One, could I transfer my stats into the PC version? I building a PC soon and I really want to try out this game. Just don't want to miss the free weekend to check it out.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
love it. fuck MP maps locked behind dlc.
the people have voted

also in other news
doom has a MP mode?

Symbiotx

Ok, I wasn't a fan of the multiplayer, but this is pretty awesome. They overhauled the progression, made the dlc free, offering a free weekend and a reduced price. How could I say no?

Anon67

Looks like it's time to jump in. Played it on PS4 but stopped soon after because I wanted to bask in its glory on PC and with the mouse+keyboard.

Canadian

I really support developers who want to extend their games with free content. I got Gears 4 and Titanfall 2 on launch because of their plans for free dlc. Glad that Doom's dlc went free, I already owned the game but I'll check out the multiplayer.

The multiplayer was so fundamentally not what I wanted out of a Doom multiplayer and this fixes nothing of the glaring grievances. I'd rather they just quarantine the multiplayer off on its own so that I can only download the single player and not have all the rest of that bloat downloaded.

Dammit I bought the season pass but then traded in my disk during the huge gamestop deal since no one was really playing the MP anymore. I wish they had made the main game free instead.

Poppy

is the multiplayer actually good

is there straight up classic deathmatch with weapon pickups on the ground yet

Miker

Bets on how big the total install size will be after the patch? It's 55 gigs or something absurd now, right? Although Gears 4 on PC is like 80 gigs, so it has competition.

Kabuto

Bets on how big the total install size will be after the patch? It's 55 gigs or something absurd now, right? Although Gears 4 on PC is like 80 gigs, so it has competition.

It's going to be about 113 GB on PC after the patch. RIP hahah

Chinbo37

I played a couple rounds of multilayer. It was OK. I might have tried it again later if the game didn't take up insane room on my ssd. Once I finished single player (which was amazing) I uninstalled the game asap

Ashtar

I have no interest in the Doom multiplayer whatsoever, but this feels like a bit of a shitty move for the fans who paid up for the season pass.
This is actually how dlc was in the past, you paid for
Early access and then it was free later, do you rememver halo 2? It had a similar option.
Also the game has been out for more than a year if you bought the season pass you had plenty of time to play it.
I wish the division did this honestly and let more ppl play survival

I actually really enjoy DOOM multiplayer but never really devoted the time to actually digging into it.

I see that's about to change.

Syf

Banned
Guess I downloaded it just a bit too soon. Finished downloading the full game and now the 35GB patch starts. rip

Three new achievements are also included in the update.
On Track - 50G
Complete a tracked Challenge in a Multiplayer Match

A Memorable Performance - 100G
Earn a Gold Rating in a Multiplayer Match

Slotted for Success - 100G
Unlock all Multiplayer Runes

Decado

Fuck. I recently finished the campaign and uninstalled since is jusch a big ass game. I don't think I will redownload.

RS4-

It's completely fucking garbage when companies don't split SP and MP downloads.

On hand, at least in my library, COD BO1 does it...even goddamn Medal of Honor.

Game was 80GB back when I installed it on Steam which had to have all the dlc since it's all one client.

Now this? What a joke.
IOOI42K.png

Top Bottom