• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM on Switch will have full campaign on cartridge, multiplayer as optional download

lol, remember when MS pulled this with Halo: MCC and they got absolutely spitroasted for it? I guess you could argue that Halo's MP is much more important than Dooms but it doesn't change the fact that it's the same exact thing.

lol, remember when MS pulled this with Halo: MCC and they got absolutely spitroasted for it? I guess you could argue that Halo's MP is much more important than Dooms but it doesn't change the fact that it's the same exact thing.
It makes a difference when the multiplayer isn't nearly as important or loved as the single player.

With Halo you could say it's the direct opposite where many don't care much for the campaign anymore but love the multiplayer to death.

If it's the exact same thing then there are some asterisks in that comment.

Seik

Banned

Well, TBH that's exactly why people are reacting like this here. DOOM's multi never was where it shined.

Halo's multi is gaming bliss, also, isn't the X1 version allowing LAN multi?

Having LAN available on disc is kinda important if you want to play multi later down the line when the patches won't be available anymore.

Something about preservation I guess, lol.

Well, TBH that's exactly why people are reacting like this here. DOOM's multi never was where it shined.

Halo's multi is gaming bliss, also, isn't the X1 version allowing LAN multi?

Having LAN available on disc is kinda important if you want to play multi later down the line when the patches won't be available anymore.

Something about preservation I guess, lol.

Ha, I wish MCC had LAN support. But no, you have to go through Live.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I would still have this thing installed on my PC if the Multiplayer stuff were a separate download. Zero interest in the mode and it takes up like 40+ GB.

I still think Doom's mediocre multiplayer becomes more enjoyable for the basic fact that;

1) It's a portable multiplayer FPS, and the last decent one was Killzone Vita
2) There are literally (I think?) no other such games on le Switch

Awesome, id's making all the right moves lately. Might actually put some hours into the MP considering there's nothing else quite like it on Switch atm as others have said.

Replaying Doom will be so good, but I'm always a little disappointed we never got any single player DLC. Hopefully they put all their resources into a sequel.

I also hope we get a port of Doom Classic, the Vita never did and that upset me... they weirdly seem to have slowed down their mission to make that game playable on every device known to humanity, Doom II wasn't even on iOS.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Would be sick if Bethesda brought a game to Switch day one with PS4/XBO. Hopefully that's where this is headed granted their titles sell well.

Top Bottom