• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 Kiev Major (April 24-30) April liars bring May pyres

Artanisix

i really enjoy the single elim, and the games have been super hype. what i do not appreciate is taking 1.5 hours for the next series to start

shira

well at least there wont be a game 3

It's like banning Meepo nerfs DC
misc-fEEd.png

Vimes

Never really been a fan of Virtus, but I honestly hope they win the whole thing just to watch the Kiev crowd lose their minds.

Woo-Fu

Banned
VP playing a slightly-reserved form of traditional CIS dota, is lovely to behold.

I expect almost every team VP faces to either ban or block-pick wisp themselves. IG might be the only ones who don't care since they form the mecha-deathball about 15m into the game and never split up until gg.

Guru-Guru

Banned
And what is everyone's picks for today? I'm way more excited for these matches rather than yesterday's offerings.

TNC vs Faceless
OG vs Random
Thunderbirds vs EG
Secret vs SG

Really the only series that I flip-flop on is EG vs Thunderbirds. At this point I feel like Cr1t has had way too many poor/weird drafts, and that will bite them tonight. Random is a mess--can't blame them with all the ownership drama they have had recently. Secret should crush SG. TNC vs Faceless will probably go to 3 games, IMO.

Sciel

And what is everyone's picks for today? I'm way more excited for these matches rather than yesterday's offerings.

TNC vs Faceless
OG vs Random
Thunderbirds vs EG
Secret vs SG

Really the only series that I flip-flop on is EG vs Thunderbirds. At this point I feel like Cr1t has had way too many poor/weird drafts, and that will bite them tonight. Random is a mess--can't blame them with all the ownership drama they have had recently. Secret should crush SG. TNC vs Faceless will probably go to 3 games, IMO.
This ^.
Faceless pretty much has TnC's number (irrespective of how well TnC plays against the western teams). Team Random is a big mess atm and EG just hasn't impressed this major.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think Thunderbirds vs EG is going to be a toss up, it can really go either way. I'm rooting for Thunderbirds though.

shira

Faceless vs TNC proves just how shit is single elimination in DOTA.

Aside from that matchup all the other ones are one region vs another.
Which has been great

Even tomorrow there will be at least 2 cross regional matches

ig vs liquid, vgj vs vp

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Faceless vs TNC proves just how shit is single elimination in DOTA.

Definitely prefer double elimination, but single elem is easier to schedule. Double Elimination needs at least 5 days, preferably 6. TI4 was an attempt at a 4 day double elem, and it was a disaster.

I really like this Swiss Format for the Group Stages over the GSL format the previous majors had used. GSL is the worst IMO.

My favorite group stages are still the 16 team round robin gauntlet, but players hated it and no one does it anymore. Stuff like the TI4 Group Stage and DAC2015 Group Stage were amazing though.

Sciel

Aside from that matchup all the other ones are one region vs another.
Which has been great

Even tomorrow there will be at least 2 cross regional matches

ig vs liquid, vgj vs vp
Assuming the favourites go through, this bracket's semi-finals is going to be dope.

Top Bottom