• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnet87

Dendi Pudge

tumblr_mho0uvc3o51qjgyd1o1_500.gif

Des0lar

will learn eventually
There's over a 100 heroes in the game now? That can't be right.

EDIT: WTF It is over 100!? It never really seemed that large to me until now. How many Champions does League of Lesbians have?

Man if there was really a game called League of Lesbians, you would never see me in Dota again

mkenyon

Banned
It's all in your head, the tiers aren't discrete.

The trench never ends.

But anyway, nice job! It means that you're in the top xx% of player if you're continuously in high tier games.

iirc high is top 20% and very high top 4% (unsure about very high)
This post is perfectly reflective of the Dota community.

By that, I mean, exists to crush nublets' hopes and dreams.

I'm going to go cry in a corner now.

ksan

This post is perfectly reflective of the Dota community.

By that, I mean, exists to crush nublets' hopes and dreams.

I'm going to go cry in a corner now.

Sorry, didn't mean to be mean =( It's just the harsh truth.

It's still an achievement to get into the high bracket, but don't expect it to be better, you're still gonna end up with a lot of games with a "feeder noob" (as often in your team as in the enemy team)
Is there a link to the game?

http://www.twitch.tv/joindotared

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Spirit Breaker as a support could work, sure. I wasn't trying to discount the hero entirely, but those two things do counter Spirit Breaker pretty well. Both Chen and Shadow Demon don't need too many items, and can buy sentries and counter ward with ease. Spirit Breaker needs items to scale well, can't counter ward (cliffs), etc. He could work as a support, but there are countless other supports that do the same job 10x better.

Don't say things like this, it's just wrong. No two heroes fill the same exact role, and there is no other hero that can do what spirit breaker does. It's just a question of how you can implement it to win in the current meta.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Do you guys have a stable of "go-to" heroes, or do you literally try and pick heroes to match whatever the team needs and play them..meaning you tons of time banked on tons of heroes?

I've probably played 90% of my games in the soft/hard support role, so I've got about 10-15 characters with dramatically more hours/games than all the others.

...I've been experimenting around with different roles/heroes to mix things up with relative success...but then I hate when the supports I play with DON'T support. Not having constant wards/dewards alone is infuriating...but supporting a team of people that are doing dumb stuff or farming terribly is also infuriating.

Need to find a constant 5-man group to play with or something. They don't even have to be all-star players, just competent and willing to work together.

mkenyon

Banned
Sorry, didn't mean to be mean =( It's just the harsh truth.

It's still an achievement to get into the high bracket, but don't expect it to be better, you're still gonna end up with a lot of games with a "feeder noob" (as often in your team as in the enemy team)

http://www.twitch.tv/joindotared
I honestly don't care if my teammates are bad at Dota. I just want to be able to communicate with them in a meaningful way.

Personally, I find team morale as one of the largest factors in terms of being able to stick out a win or not. This has been true in my entire history of #esports, but even more so in Dota. If I can communicate, I generally try to keep tempers low and keep everyone focused if possible.

It's the "I don't have in game sound on", or "(insert offensive phrase in english/portugese/spanish/russian)" that just destroys my love of the game. I play to win. If you want to be casual, queue AR or something. If you want to be a downtalking asshole, then maybe you should see a therapist about your situation at home. (not you, the hypothetical person that destroys my games)

Do you guys have a stable of "go-to" heroes, or do you literally try and pick heroes to match whatever the team needs and play them..meaning you tons of time banked on tons of heroes?

I've probably played 90% of my games in the soft/hard support role, so I've got about 10-15 characters with dramatically more hours/games than all the others.

...I've been experimenting around with different roles/heroes to mix things up with relative success...but then I hate when the supports I play with DON'T support. Not having constant wards/dewards alone is infuriating...but supporting a team of people that are doing dumb stuff or farming terribly is also infuriating.

Need to find a constant 5-man group to play with or something. They don't even have to be all-star players, just competent and willing to work together.
I random mostly now, and only repick if it's like a meepo or it's a 3rd agil hero.

I have about 15 heroes that I can boss with.
The rest I'm competent with
And there are a hand full that I don't touch or can't play with at all.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member

Weird that you should be saying that because i'm also looking for stable group of people to play dota 2 with, maybe we should group up right here in neogaf! beware tough i'm not the greatest player by far....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom