• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
noob madden gaf is always 5 stacking and you are always welcome, buddy!

Ha, true stuff. I see you guys on a lot and everyone seems hella fun. I wasn't sure if you wanted me on there with my primary account since I may queue the team higher than some folks would want to be.

I'll probably not be on much tonight since we've got a doctor's appointment, but I'll pipe up in the MaddenGAF channel and see what's up :D

AT and I have been playing a good amount, but we keep getting paired up with the most insanely idiotic people. The past few days have been a nightmare.

Fair play, I won't ask anything.

I now know how it feels to be a Mortal Kombat fan during the 90s.

Not really. Just stop thinking people getting annoyed with you has anything to do between LoL and Dota 2.

Edit: Seeing new Dota 2 players complaining about the heroes, and MM really reminds me of how this thread was a year ago. Welcome to the trenches.

RubxQub

Edit: Seeing new Dota 2 players complaining about the heroes, and MM really reminds me of how this thread was a year ago. Welcome to the trenches.

A big problem with the MM is grouping you up with people outside your region by far. I have literally not played a game of Dota in the past week without someone on the team from Peru despite having only US-East selected.

The playstyle of those guys is totally different. Much more aggressive/reckless. Less willing to work as a team. Not willing to even speak English despite knowing how. Flaming everyone and pinging incessantly for the dumbest shit.

Makes me feel racist.

ksan

if ppl weren't shit and didn't expect slardar to be the easiest hero to play in the game because of his skill set, slardar would be fine

A big problem with the MM is grouping you up with people outside your region by far. I have literally not played a game of Dota in the past week without someone on the team from Peru despite having only US-East selected.

The playstyle of those guys is totally different. Much more aggressive/reckless. Less willing to work as a team. Not willing to even speak English despite knowing how. Flaming everyone and pinging incessantly for the dumbest shit.

Makes me feel racist.

I play in SEA. That means I usually get teamed up with people from India, Phillipines, Thailand, Korea, all of which speak a different language from where I'm from.

It sucks sometimes, but I just learn how to live with it. The way I keep myself in check is not to give a shit about me Win/Lose ratio, and experiment with different builds and strats while playing solo. Hell, if things get so bad I just alt-tab when I'm dead and check NeoGAF or Facebook. Just don't let the pressure get to you.

RubxQub

I play in SEA. That means I usually get teamed up with people from India, Phillipines, Thailand, Korea, all of which speak a different language from where I'm from.

It sucks sometimes, but I just learn how to live with it. The way I keep myself in check is not to give a shit about me Win/Lose ratio, and experiment with different builds and strats while playing solo. Hell, if things get so bad I just alt-tab when I'm dead and check NeoGAF or Facebook. Just don't let the pressure get to you.

It's just that the quality of games that bothers me. I wouldn't care that we lost so much if I felt like we at least put on a competent game...but it feels like we lost the game before anything even happens because the team refuses to coordinate.

Doesn't stop me from trying my ass off to win and adapt to whatever the team is trying to do...but when we're spread across the map and the enemy team is full of roaming gank squads and everyone is refusing to group up and push...it just feels like I'm practicing mechanics while getting raped every game.

...probably just venting because I've somehow lost a shitton of games lately out of nowhere...but something seems to have changed since the game launched with who I get paired up with.

Is there anyway to know if the Dota 2/Twitch integration is working? I'm watching the Joindotared stream and there's no indication that me connecting my account to Steam has worked (I have activated the Defense ticket within the game).

Just want to make sure I have a chance of getting item drops.

BeesEight

Weird that you should be saying that because i'm also looking for stable group of people to play dota 2 with, maybe we should group up right here in neogaf! beware tough i'm not the greatest player by far....

Ha, I always log hopeful into the Gaf channel but it never seems people are playing around my time.

Though, to be fair, I play pretty late on US east so I guess that's not too surprising.

Conceptor

jMP0ADm.gif

Does this mean KP gonna hold open tryouts? Shira it's your chance!!!!

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Slardar is garbage tier

Slardar needs either a reworked ulti or reworked Q. He's pretty good at killing squishies.

Negative armor works differently in dota 2 compared to dota 1 (assumed to be a bug). It's approximately 10% less effective at all levels compared with dota 1, so heroes like Slardar/SF/dazzle are affected a little more than others by this. No word from valve if this is a bug or intended change though.

Dina

Kuroky stealing that SB ult and charging at the backmost Kaipi support, stunning everyone, was a thing of beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom