• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

Trump is a fuckin savage.

Hylian isn't a sniper player. I am. It's significant as it provides an additional measure of safety. Sniper is all about safety, especially in the era of the mana-free blink dagger and popularity of bust heroes. This gives him more safety to work with and a greater opportunity to deal damage in fights.

You have to consider the value of the item slot though, and you could get other items to serve that purpose better. I think Dragon Lance is better for short range heroes like TA, Luna, Morphling, etc. Really helps them not get kited. Not really something Sniper needs.

Kard8p3

i will miss the regen on invis
CorgiDerp.png
but supp riki can potentially be better now with backstab and invis being rolled together

ya, i was considering that. Time to just carry some mangos around
Kappa.png

Inb4 lina and sniper dragon lance bullshit
Really dont like the cast range increase concepts

Branch: Can now be used by targeting the ground, planting a happy little tree that lasts 20 seconds. 200 Cast Range.

What the point of this?

Qvoth

I don't get drow aghs upgrade...
Just make her into a full glass cannon medusa?
Huskar is soooo overnerfed, 34% less magic resist?
No change to terrorblade? Everyone and their grandmothers will use him

bounchfx

as soon as the patch actually hits im going to forget all these fucking changes anyway and be surprised at everything that happens in my first dozen games

Hylian7

Inb4 lina and sniper dragon lance bullshit
Really dont like the cast range increase concepts

Branch: Can now be used by targeting the ground, planting a happy little tree that lasts 20 seconds. 200 Cast Range.

What the point of this?

The Branch trees give you double heal if you tango them.

You can also use it in tight juking spaces to block your enemy that doesn't have a way to cut trees down if you're trying to TP or something.

Kard8p3

ive always wanted a cast range increase item tbh, i think it will be pretty interesting. Melee heroes can buy an item that cleaves, so I think it's kind of fair for ranged heroes to get something as well.

BHK3

Banned
Iron Talon and Aether lens are way too strong. Basically everyone can jungle now and the free range increase is also just dumb. You can hit level 6 in 4 minutes with BS in the jungle, shit is just cray. I might also be a Lycan picker now, he got some good buffs.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Lycan seems insane TBH. Iron Talon is insane for cost, 125g for inv slot alone is great.
Also Offlaners can now stack and clear camps which is also cray.

Iron Talon and Aether lens are way too strong. Basically everyone can jungle now and the free range increase is also just dumb. You can hit level 6 in 4 minutes with BS in the jungle, shit is just cray. I might also be a Lycan picker now, he got some good buffs.

When's the last time you saw anyone jungling in a competitive game though, other than offlane darkseer going there cause he's getting brutalized in his lane. We need incentive for people to pick shit in the jungle again and the new item seems pretty good for that. Chen buffs, Enigma buffs, Lycan buffs, it's jungle time.

Aether lens though I don't know. I mean it sounds really nice for a lot of heroes and shit but might end up being broken? Or might not, it's hard to say how much of an impact 200range would have, on most stuff it wouldn't really be a huge deal. Some shit though, it's quite big. Witch Doctor with 675range maledict and dropping death ward like 300units away from him is quite a big deal for example. Shaker fissure blocks from fog are a ton easier if you add 200units to it.

Still happy to see large changes, makes the game fun. It'll probably be shit until the first or second patch though.

Hylian7

When's the last time you saw anyone jungling in a competitive game though, other than offlane darkseer going there cause he's getting brutalized in his lane. We need incentive for people to pick shit in the jungle again and the new item seems pretty good for that. Chen buffs, Enigma buffs, Lycan buffs, it's jungle time.

Aether lens though I don't know. I mean it sounds really nice for a lot of heroes and shit but might end up being broken? Or might not, it's hard to say how much of an impact 200range would have, on most stuff it wouldn't really be a huge deal. Some shit though, it's quite big. Witch Doctor with 675range maledict and dropping death ward like 300units away from him is quite a big deal for example. Shaker fissure blocks from fog are a ton easier if you add 200units to it.

Still happy to see large changes, makes the game fun. It'll probably be shit until the first or second patch though.

200 range is generally the difference from casting hidden behind a treeline or not.

Maddrical

So Aether lens actually increases fissure length? I figured it wouldn't because it's not a projectile. Though I've just re-read it and it doesn't say anything about projectiles, just target spells & distance related spells which fissure is, so that makes sense. Dang, yet ANOTHER 200 range on fissure, it must be huge now.

I think the numbers on these new items might get adjusted a bit over the next week. Iron Talon from 40% to 25%, etc.

Mordeccai

dragon lance is actually a really good item for luna. can disassemble it after you fuck some fools up by surprise with the +range, build your bkb and have a piece of butterfly already.

radiant jungle made me flatline. map changes so cray

Sianos

oh man arc warden is hilarious

refresher plus necrobook means you can summon three sets of necro dudes, one from each tempest double

and of course t r i p l e m i d a s g a m i n g

are tempest doubles supposed to spawn with reset cooldowns?

Mordeccai

oh man arc warden is hilarious

refresher plus necrobook means you can summon three sets of necro dudes, one from each tempest double

and of course t r i p l e m i d a s g a m i n g

are tempest doubles supposed to spawn with reset cooldowns?

ya, thats intended. farmed arc wardens gonna be scary AF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom