• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Have trouble using the marketplace. Never used it before but my friend got me a $20 Steam gift card so I thought I'd try it but when I try to buy something it says I need to make an actual purchase within the last 30 days. Ok, that's cool, so I went and bought a HUD skin on the Dota store and went to try the marketplace again and it's giving me the same message. I tried logging out and still no dice. Am I doing something wrong?

Ok. Need Nightstalker tips, currently going with a Phase Boots > Wand > Sange Yasha for mid game. Is that good.

4 losses in a row too. I'm getting better but still....

Indignate

For every three bad games I have, I seem to get a good game of people being competent and communicative in a positive manner.

Played Enchantress for the first time, Jungled for the first time, and it was probably one of the best games I've ever played. It sucks that so much in this game is relied on matchmaking and the people you're put with, but when it happens to work, it's great.

I mean, except for the one Russian guy on our team spamming pings everywhere, but whatever.

Manus

Ok. Need Nightstalker tips, currently going with a Phase Boots > Wand > Sange Yasha for mid game. Is that good.

I prefer Phase into a Basher then BKB. I really don't think NS needs the extra movement speed from S&Y.

Razzer

I hate when players try to be too cute.

Had a support missing every pull they were trying to do, ended up being way underleveled and feeding their FV as a result who backtracked all the damage.

Ugh

Pulling isn't being 'cute' regardless of whether they fail at it or not. He likely had the best intentions.

Don't play him but every game he's in that I've seen or played against he falls off hard after the mid game. So aside from getting mid game items be sure to take advantage of how little your opponents can do to stop him before the late game.

Guys I fuckin' love Fear.
CQH6BDF.png

Zephyx

I don't usually play NS but when I do, I build him like this:
PB->Urn->Armlet->BKB/Basher depending on situation

You have to snowball from early to mid game to maximize him though. The first and second night will dictate the pace of your items.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
No.

Phase is poor because he moves fast enough without it.
Wand is okay.
Sange and Yasha are just "okay", for the same reason they're "okay" on many other heroes but never really "good", because they spread out their stats too much.

Myself said:
Treads, Bottle, maybe Vanguard if you're facing a lot of stun/burst, Aghanim, BKB.
Also good:
Armlet
Basher
Heart

And you should be going mid and rushing a bottle.

Chris R

Finally, gyro down. Didn't have to build a rapier either!!!

Pulling isn't being 'cute' regardless of whether they fail at it or not. He likely had the best intentions.

He didn't get it done once and ended up feeding because he was level 5 20 mins into the game :( If he would have stayed in lane I think we might have had a different game.

I've always got treads, bottle, and urn on NS because of mana issues, I didn't know phase boots were a thing with him. I feel like if I don't gank constantly in the first night and get atleast 4 kills I'm definitely going to lose the game because his nighttime attack speed bonus and the nuke from his Q get progressively less effective during the course of the game.

Fuchsdh

So why is there not a preference to refuse matches with people who don't speak your language again? Because the preferences to search for only English sure aren't helping.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So why is there not a preference to refuse matches with people who don't speak your language again? Because the preferences to search for only English sure aren't helping.

Because there's nothing stopping people who don't speak English to tick North America.

Top Bottom