• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 The International 2017 (Aug 7-12) Game of throwns - you win or you pld

The question should have been - who is on the Liquid Lol team?

Funny story. One of the players was originally kicked off the team for having an attitude problem and was shitting on the team as recently as a month ago before being kicked off that team (attitude problem) and picked up again by Liquid. But the true answer is it doesn't matter because Liquid LoL hasn't been relevant in at least a year lol

Chinese teams certainly looking like they deserve the win right now (for the most part). The teams in the UB that moved on did a number on the western teams they played against.

As long as we have good games I don't really give a fuck who is playing in the finals. Was it TI4 that had that boring deathball meta where games ended in like 20 minutes? That sucked.

shira

Funny story. One of the players was originally kicked off the team for having an attitude problem and was shitting on the team as recently as a month ago before being kicked off that team (attitude problem) and picked up again by Liquid. But the true answer is it doesn't matter because Liquid LoL hasn't been relevant in at least a year lol

Didn't they buy a LCS spot?
I thought if you buy the LCS slot you always get invited to all the big events

As long as we have good games I don't really give a fuck who is playing in the finals. Was it TI4 that had that boring deathball meta where games ended in like 20 minutes? That sucked.

The only storyline I want to see is Burning, S4 or Faith getting a 2nd Championship.

Exciting games and wild upsets/throws are da best.
TI4 was awful

I want a Chinese finale for the salt.

bonus: newbee wins it and becomes the first team to win ti twice

Anything to make r/dota2 and Twitch chat angry. Embarrassing community.

Superimposed salt shaker on white dancing kid.gif

You mean the last time NOtidehunter/Alliance was relevant? The team that included a player who could only play two Heroes?

Didn't they buy a LCS spot?
I thought if you buy the LCS slot you always get invited to all the big events

The only storyline I want to see is Burning, S4 or Faith getting a 2nd Championship.

Exciting games and wild upsets/throws are da best.
TI4 was awful

Nah we're not in franchising yet. You go to Riot events generally by being at the top of the league. The closest Liquid has gotten to making an international Riot event was probably 2 years ago when they were 1 game away from making the world championship and got reverse swept. Even with franchising I don't think they've said this system will change, it's just supposed to provide stability for orgs and help those orgs attract investors (among other things).

I'd love to see someone win TI for a second time.

You mean the last time NOtidehunter/Alliance was relevant? The team that included a player who could only play two Heroes?
I'm pretty sure Alliance has been 'back' once or twice since then lol
But yeah, that time.

Imp hates playing dotes so much he wants the rest of us to be miserable as well.

With EG out all I want from this point forward is good dotes..so CIS, EU or whatever..just give good dotes.

I want newbee to win if its an all china finals.

Yea I'm throwing in behind Newbee. I'm basically rooting for VP > Newbee > OG > DC > Empire. After that I don't care for the remaining teams all that much. I guess throw IG in with Empire since it would be nice to see Burning with a TI.

shira

I really like all the remaining 4's, except bulba, easily the most fun to watch player perspective ingame

newbee: kaka
ig: boboka
lfy: ahfu
vp:rodjer
og: jerax
tl: gh
tnc: tims
emp: rodjer
lgd: yao

Can't miss kills if you locked on the playmakers

wait when did burning win TI?

phone grammar, you know what I mean
storylines
Burning getting 1st and/or S4 or Faith getting 2nd

Fuchsdh

My only real investment is I don't like dynasties or regional domination, so I'd rather a team that hasn't won TI gets it and that no region just keeps taking it.

shira

My only real investment is I don't like dynasties or regional domination, so I'd rather a team that hasn't won TI gets it and that no region just keeps taking it.

8KAOsX.gif

everyone remembers the shitty grand finalss but forgets that newbee had an amazing comeback to reach the grand finals.
barley passing the groups stages, tied for last place. then winning 3 best of 3s BACK TO BACK in the same day. then beating the top two seeds VG and EG in UB back to back.

Usobuko

Banned
bonus: newbee wins it and becomes the first team to win ti twice

And Faith becomes the first person to win TI twice.

I really like all the remaining 4's, except bulba, easily the most fun to watch player perspective ingame

newbee: kaka
ig: boboka
lfy: ahfu
vp:rodjer
og: jerax
tl: gh
tnc: tims
emp: rodjer
lgd: yao

Can't miss kills if you locked on the playmakers

Yao's position 5 though.

But yes I love this current meta where flashy Position 4 players excel. My favorite is Kaka.

everyone remembers the shitty grand finalss but forgets that newbee had an amazing comeback to reach the grand finals.
barley passing the groups stages, tied for last place. then winning 3 best of 3s BACK TO BACK in the same day. then beating the top two seeds VG and EG in UB back to back.

I remember NaVi being extremely lucky to go on to the main stage despite drawing 8-7 with Titan and a few others.

Poor old Yamateh has to be eliminated with Newbee ( Lv.1 Rosh strats ) and gets a pitiful prize money for his entire career.

But yes I love this current meta where flashy Position 4 players excel. My favorite is Kaka.

My just made up in my head a minute ago TI winning moment this year is a base race where one team has a Rapier, the other team kills the holder of it, and then to save their team's carry who picked it up Earth Spirit turns them into a Remnant, Kicks, and then KotL sends them to their fountain with like 100 HP left and they march it down mid once he's healed up for the win.

Make it happen, Newbee.

Usobuko

Banned
I'm from SEA but I think Fly and Notail are good human beings so I don't mind the series going either way.

I don't think it's going to be easy for either teams. Both are equally capable of winning.

Top Bottom