• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 The International 2017 (Aug 7-12) Game of throwns - you win or you pld

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
At some point during the battle pass madness I've got one of these - https://dota2.gamepedia.com/Golden_Immortal_Treasure_Chest_2017

Is this of any value (I think it's on trade cool down for next year) or did I just get it from levelling up and didn't realise?
Hard to say, they can't be sold yet. You can ether open it and get a gold Chaos Knight shield, or save it for a full year and see what they sell for (They can't be sold until August 2018). They aren't super rare, but aren't exactly common ether.

Chris R

Fuck the hate, I'll at least give the card game a try.

And then uninstall it when it turns out you need to buy $100 worth of cards to get a decent deck

Quonny

"oh shit eg got knocked out what do we do with all these eg pieces we were going to spread over the rest of ti uuhhhhhh"

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
COME ON VALVE, WHY HURT ME EVEN MORE

h5dY00c.jpg

Eliciel

two things and it is just my opinion as you can have yours as well:

One, I personally don't like Day[9]... Like seriously. He just keeps "acting" in my opinion like he knows it all. He doesn't listen to the answers of his own questions. He is not forming an interactive panel. So unlikeable...incredible.
The worst thing though is his "acted" pause and overemphasis of single words. It is really ridicolously bad

Two, I really think that Teams like EG, Secret, Navi back in the day, etc. bring all the character all the likeable out of the ordinary changes into the play. Without trying to disrespect any of the teams that seem to be doing better perofrmances right now I think that if OG and Liquid, VP, Empire drops out of the picture as well...we might be getting a very boring Grand Finale.
The Chinese teams are always performing incredibly well in TI but overall they have created some of the most boring games in DOTA i have seen in my entire life.

Finally, YES I am a MAJOR fanboy of those legends of todays' Dota. For those CHARACTERS of our world with edges and that say stuff you don't like. I like my Puppey, I like my Arteezy, Sumail, Fear, Universe, NoTail, Dendi...Matumbaman,...I don't know man. That's the guys I want to look up to. The cheeky posers of our time. The characters that we want to see on screen and even though all that matters is performanceI will miss them in the Quarter, Half and Grand Finale..

That's just my 2cents to this years' TI.

Quonny

two things and it is just my opinion as you can have yours as well:

One, I personally don't like Day[9]... Like seriously. He just keeps "acting" in my opinion like he knows it all. He doesn't listen to the answers of his own questions. He is not forming an interactive panel. So unlikeable...incredible..

I like Day9 a lot. He's a good person and a fantastic host...when he's in his element.

I don't know if he plays Dota, if he's a fan of it, or whatever, but he comes off as so fake, like he's constantly trying to scramble to come up with something smart or relevant to say.

Maybe if Buster Bot hadn't been such a shitter Kaci would have won. You can tell that this Buster didn't earn any stuffed animals from Army.

I like Day9 a lot. He's a good person and a fantastic host...when he's in his element.

I don't know if he plays Dota, if he's a fan of it, or whatever, but he comes off as so fake, like he's constantly trying to scramble to come up with something smart or relevant to say.
Day9 definitely is a fan of and plays Dota. A big part of the reason he got invited as a host is likely because of his weekly series where he's coached by Purge.

Quesa

For those asking for Cr1t to be replaced: who replaces him? Who's out there captaining out of their mind for a team that's not performing?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
For those asking for Cr1t to be replaced: who replaces him? Who's out there captaining out of their mind for a team that's not performing?
I really don't know, I think the NA scene is really lacking in good captains. I would personally bring back PPD, but that likely isn't an option. Maybe see if Zai could step up to the captain role with coaching by PPD.

aeolist

Banned
wonder who will be captaining eg next season

unless there's some internal drama i could see everyone except cr1t staying on but there's not much in the way of western captains unless ppd comes back

EG.EternaLEnVy LUL

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
wonder who will be captaining eg next season

unless there's some internal drama i could see everyone except cr1t staying on but there's not much in the way of western captains unless ppd comes back

EG.EternaLEnVy LUL
Support Envy, the dream.

Eliciel

I guess I can agree to that since I haven't seen Day 9 before. I just didn't like him for what he is doing at this very moment... :(

Day[9] is 3K MMR by now, carried a bit by Purge of course. He's played more Dota than Kaci, for what it's worth.

But he does do a lot of "fake it till you make it" when hosting, until he's more comfortable in the scene.

The suits are on point today though. Let's go OG!

I wish both teams could advance :(

aeolist

Banned
Day[9] is 3K MMR by now, carried a bit by Purge of course. He's played more Dota than Kaci, for what it's worth.

But he does do a lot of "fake it till you make it" when hosting, until he's more comfortable in the scene.

it doesn't matter how much dota he's played, pretty sure redeye and machine have both played less and they're way more natural as hosts

he just comes across as incredibly fake and forced

Eliciel

I wish both teams could advance :(

Why can't we all be just us and roll with it... What's with that "fake it till you make it" mentality generally nowadays?..Hate it. Just act natural.

Is anyone expecting disbandings from EG? or alike..?

Top Bottom