• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

shira

Interesting w33 is a Syrian national. I wonder if he risks leaving the country.

Didn't think Trump would affect Dota. Crazy time we are living in.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
been having fun with offlane nyx lately.

Love being able to explode enemies fast with dagon aether veil plus stacking vengeance

Probably not a good idea to safe lane for easier earlier farm though.

shira

Interesting Starladder matches today

t1485702000z1.png

Secret vs Alliance
Alliance vs Vega
Alliance vs Navi
DC vs Onyx

Hylian7

I saw the light and tried Techies in Dark Moon: That hero should be a shoe-in in every single Dark Moon team. So easy and so useful.

Mob and I made it to the Alchemist round though. That one was tough. We were pretty close to making it too.

I heard the next two rounds were Techies and a giant Invoker.

Qvoth

I saw the light and tried Techies in Dark Moon: That hero should be a shoe-in in every single Dark Moon team. So easy and so useful.

Mob and I made it to the Alchemist round though. That one was tough. We were pretty close to making it too.

I heard the next two rounds were Techies and a giant Invoker.

the final round is 3 invokers, and after you kill them the dark magus appears

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
You guys ready for my boy Sami to win the Rumble 2 nite?

ePZijYf.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
how much do you micro the brewlings?

i mean i try but they are basically one bad hero's worth of abilties and damage split over three separate heroes rn

sure you can remove one carry from the fight but you're usually against two+ carries in your typical pub game

Kade

Does anyone familiar with LoL know if you can trade skins or anything? I decided to log into an old account I never used and it had the UFO Corki and King Rammus skins which are apparently really rare.

EDIT: nvm, LoL friend saw this post and said they are kind of worthless.

inkls

i mean i try but they are basically one bad hero's worth of abilties and damage split over three separate heroes rn

sure you can remove one carry from the fight but you're usually against two+ carries in your typical pub game

You wanted to know the secret for brew to not suck. There you have it. I think you have misconception about the brewlings' abilities though, they def do not suck. I'm talking pre-aghs abilities.

Skipping the earth panda's magic immunity. He has a 2 second stun on a 5 second cd. Only 3 sec downtime. 800 cast range as well.

Storm panda has an aoe ground targetted purge on a 4 sec cd that also affects invis units and spell immune allies which you can also use to purge your next ability, Cyclone.

Cyclone allows you to take out an enemy hero out of a fight for up to 6 seconds on an 8 sec cd. Dazzle trying to grave his carry? Not gonna happen if you cyclone him.

Also has invis on a 5 sec cd and that gives ms. Storm panda is great for chasing and disrupting a fight.

Fire panda is prob the most boring one since its a weaker radiance, but he does good dmg.

With ult you can stun 2 heroes and you have extremely good uptime on those disables so you'll be spamming them throughout a fight. Spread them out and make them each do their thing. Earth tanking and stunning, fire rightclicking, and storm disabling and catching out heroes.

Main problem of brew is that lategame his scaling isn't great since the brewlings dont scale with stats so they become burstable later and their dmg doesn't scale with items either.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I have a beta account too and it probably has more skins than yours!

Gaaraz

I'm not sure I understand the Dark Moon scoring. If you manage to win, which takes quite a long time and is potentially really fucking difficult, you get 2,500 points... yet for a single spin you need 35,000 points?! It's like they don't even care how much effort you put into playing it, just as long as you log in to play it each day. There should be at least some reward for completing it... maybe even as much as like 70k for the first time you complete it to the end? 5-10k for each round after that? IDK.

shira

I'm not sure I understand the Dark Moon scoring. If you manage to win, which takes quite a long time and is potentially really fucking difficult, you get 2,500 points... yet for a single spin you need 35,000 points?! It's like they don't even care how much effort you put into playing it, just as long as you log in to play it each day. There should be at least some reward for completing it... maybe even as much as like 70k for the first time you complete it to the end? 5-10k for each round after that? IDK.

You get an emote
4OBlOxV.gif

Valve tends to revise minigames.

Would be cool if they added some extra levels with Ultra Raid Boss type enemies.

shira

Dates of Interest
Jan 28-Feb 2 Chinese New Year
Feb 3 IHL 4 Draft
Feb 6 Dark Moon Event ends
Mirana Statue shipment delayed (?)

Pro Dota Results
- Jan 25 SLi 3 TNC qualify for LAN
- Jan 20-22 DotaPit 5 1. EG 2. OG 3. FL
- Jan 14-15 DAC 2017 iG, VGJ, LFY, iGV qualify for LAN
- Jan 12-15 WESG: 1. TNC 2. C9 3. [A]
- Jan 5-7 ESL Genting 1. DC 2. NB 3. VP/Wings

January
Jan 29-Feb 2 SLi 3 Online Qualifiers (EU/NA)

February
Feb 3-13 DAC 2017 Regional Qualifier (SEA, EU, NA, CIS)

Feb 23-26
SLi Season 3 Shanghai, CN
$300k
8: Wings, iGV, VGJ, TNC 4 TBD (Direct, 2 EU, 1 NA)

March
Mar 6-9 Kiev Major Open Qualifier
Mar 10-13 Kiev Major Regional Qualifier

Mar 28-Apr 4
DAC 2017 Shanghai, CN
$500k
12: Wings, OG, EG, NB, iG, VGJ, LFY, iGV, 4 TBD (1 CIS, 1 EU, 1 NA, 1 SEA)

April
Apr 20-23 Kiev Major LAN

May
?

June
TI7 Open Qualifier Jun 22-25
TI7 Regional Qualifier Jun 26-29

July
?

August
TI7 LAN Early Aug(?)

?