• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

bbd23

thats so stupid that head to head doesnt matter

hope freedom can win it

DC looks pretty awful so NP will prob beat them

Currently:

If DC Wins: Team Freedom secure invite to TI. NP/DC/Odd move on, WW and coL play tiebreaker for last spot.

If NP Wins: Team Freedom and NP play a Tiebreaker for TI Invite. DC/WW/coL play tiebreaker for last play-in spot.

Vimes

Currently:

If DC Wins: Team Freedom secure invite to TI. NP/DC/Odd move on, WW and coL play tiebreaker for last spot.

If NP Wins: Team Freedom and NP play a Tiebreaker for TI Invite. DC/WW/coL play tiebreaker for last play-in spot.

So this double-elimination bracket shown on Liquipedia is bunk? Shit, I really want NP to go to TI. If NP doesn't throw this game I guess I'm watching a nail-biting tiebreaker tonight?

So this double-elimination bracket shown on Liquipedia is bunk? Shit, I really want NP to go to TI. If NP doesn't throw this game I guess I'm watching a nail-biting tiebreaker tonight?

I wouldn't say bunk, but there's going to be tie breakers no matter what since there's still an abundance of 5-4 teams. It's just a matter of do we have 2 5-4 teams playing for the last spot in the bracket, or 3 5-4 and 2 8-1 teams playing, the first for the last spot in the bracket and the second for a TI invite.

Vimes

I wouldn't say bunk, but there's going to be tie breakers no matter what since there's still an abundance of 5-4 teams. It's just a matter of do we have 2 5-4 teams playing for the last spot in the bracket, or 3 5-4 and 2 8-1 teams playing, the first for the last spot in the bracket and the second for a TI invite.

Oh I was asking literally whether the bracket TLwiki said is happening tomorrow was actually happening tomorrow, or if it was a glitch in the database.

Shades of the first time I tried to figure out how the group stage at the World Cup worked. Sport is complicated.

Kopite

Currently:

Does that mean there's no chance both Freedom and NP make it to TI?

Does that mean there's no chance both Freedom and NP make it to TI?

Both can make it. But if NP beats DC, NP and Freedom play a tiebreaker, and the winner finishes 1st in the NA Qualifier meaning they secure a TI invite. Then 2nd-5th play in a round of Bo3's to determine who gets 2nd overall and secures the second invite. So if NP gets first overall, Freedom can still get 2nd overall by winning the playoff afterwards and vice versa. Basically if NP wins it becomes Freedom vs. NP, whomever can win that series only has to win that series--otherwise you have to win like 4 Bo3's to secure a spot at TI.

Team NP pick NP
troll.gif

Gawd I hope they've actually played this hero in scrims!

Chris R

EE NP?

What the fuck?

Guessing NP would rather risk the tournament tomorrow instead of getting directly invited to the group stage.

Freedom's draft is a little stronger. They went full EG with that Puck pick--making EE think it was a mid Puck only to grab Lina last.

The more I think about it, the NP pick isn't terrible. It forces TF to double down on early game our else they can't even really out push NP. If the game goes past 30 minutes it's hard to see NP losing with a decently farmed 3 core of TA/Legion/NP, and the fact that TF has Puck/Ebola/Lina playing into a Silencer. NP's teamfight is actually pretty good.

Top Bottom